Housekeeping Thread/OOC Notifications

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Housekeeping Thread/OOC Notifications

#1 Post by Landifarne »

This thread will be used for general questions, discussions and matters regarding the mechanics and logistics of the campaign (issues regarding rules, people being away from the game for extended periods, etc.)

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Housekeeping Thread/OOC Notifications

#2 Post by Landifarne »

I'm going to run a mini-adventure with PyreArrow and Pulpatoon while the rest of the players get everything together. This will allow me to iron out any kinks and use a little thief-dependent adventure that I have. Occasionally, some later adventures will also be restricted to 1-2 players.

I'm starting on campaign DAY -2, where all PCs should meet up on approximately DAY 1

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#3 Post by Landifarne »

I can start wolfpack on a spearate little delve this weekend, if he has the time. Again, I have a couple of these small 1-2 player shorts that I can do as we get things rolling. Staggering the start is fine. I;ll just have to finagle it a bit to get all of the crew together around the last week of November.

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by Landifarne »

I don't have any preference for posting styles, except I dislike reddish fonts and things that look like they're glowing. If you guys have any suggestions/comments (all around), I'm all ears. It's been a couple years since I ran a PbP game, and want it to go as well as possible.

Likewise, if you have any comments/concerns over frequency of posting, etc., please let me know. I plan to try to get these minis done as quickly as possible and start the seven players at/on the same page the last week of the month...

Steve

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by NJWilliam »

FYI, mine and Ythgar's sheets will be ready for DM review this weekend (probably early Sunday).
Just having a crazy week!
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Landifarne »

Players, please be aware that a requirement to participate in the game is to make posts that follow this criterion:

From the Looking for Players Thread:

[To me, "fairly detailed" posts are a paragraph or more of your character's actions and, to a lesser degree, thoughts. I don't like too much description of a character's internal thoughts/conflict, but a little bit adds some flavor.]

Some leeway will be given regarding that requirement, but please do not abuse the game.

Likewise, please use formal language and grammatical conventions.

-Steve

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Landifarne »

NJWilliam, Ythgar, Eulalios, FreebirdFootbagging: please have your characters fleshed out and posted by Saturday, November 16th. They will need editing before I we can start enveryone off the following weekend.

-Steve

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Landifarne »

I've been in communication with Freebird and expect his character post soon (he was planning on generating a cleric, but have given him the option of playing a witch). Unfortunately, Eulalios never followed through and I've removed him from participation.

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Landifarne »

OK, gang, I'm returning the common game thread to its original name...to Stanilus' and Hempels' thread. I'm creating a new thread for Arkthren, Aurora, Sulara and Vonnn- who are going to start a sizeable adventure and will hopefully get everyone else coming along (we need to speed Pyro's and Pulp's thing along, and Osan should eventually make his presence known).

The split nature of that thread was awkward, and any suggestions on how to avoid that in the future is appreciated!

Should I go back and clean that one up a bit??

-Steve

imswayze
Tracker
Tracker

#10 Post by imswayze »

I like dividing the two/three(w/Osan) threads. Probably a good idea to go back and divide up what is all muddled together. Good job though.

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Landifarne »

Thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can do to separate out those set of posts (perhaps transfer copies of all the relevant posts to the new common thread).

Guys, I am off from work this week and can run things at a rapid clip from Wednesday night until Sunday. However, like Pulpatoon, I'll be away from my computer (out of town, with no net service) on Monday, Tuesday and most of Wednesday.

Today (Sunday), I'll try to respond as fast as I can.

Please note: Once this week is over I will only be posting once or twice per week during the first three weeks of December since school is wrapping up and I'll be busy reviewing, tutoring, and creating and grading exams. I'll be able to run things very rapidly again during winter break (Dec 21-Jan11).

I'm enjoying things immensely and I'm glad the main Rifford group looks like it is about to start mixing it up.

-Steve

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Landifarne »

Hi Guys,

I've picked up the flu and have to deal with all aspects of closing out the semester for the next week. I'll try to post between now and the evening of the 20th but, honestly, I just want to crawl into bed right now.

Stay healthy yourselves, and I'll try to get a couple responses up this weekend.

-Steve

Sulara
Tracker
Tracker

#13 Post by Sulara »

You just rest, we will send you good thoughts! Post when you're better. Just gives more time to think up devious.... I mean inventive plans ;)

Take good care,
Patt

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Pulpatoon »

Take care of yourself; rest up. We'll be here when you're ready.

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Landifarne »

Feeling better- with a massive dose of Sudafed. This is a strange flu. Started out with loss of blood pressure and lots of fatigue. Then aches, chills, fever...all very standard. Then, a bit of nausea and stomach discomfort.

The second day I felt pretty good- nearly normal, other than a pressure headache and continued stomach discomfort.

Then, the third day: kapow! All the same symptoms as first day, plus sore throat and some sinus pressure.

Today, I'm about like the second day.

It's a weird one- seems to vacillate back and forth between "want to cry Momma" and "just uncomfortable".

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement! :mrgreen:

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Landifarne »

I'm going to start the second game this weekend, after I progress a bit more on my map of Highwold [that thing has been a thorn in my side for several months...I need to get it done this winter break in order for my module to be published at DF in a timely fashion].

Pulp, Bill, Sulara, Ythgar, Ryker...please make sure you finish off the most important parts of your characters by Sunday night. We can start with that much done, and finish up the little details as we go along.

-Steve

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by Landifarne »

Sorry to start up Game #2 a bit late. My nephew and niece (8 and 9 year olds) are having a sleepover until Christmas Eve, and coupled with our two monkeys (6 and 10 year olds), we've got a handful to deal with.

We did pick up on the D&D game that we started back in July, so it hasn't been a complete disaster!

Anyway, go ahead and post frequently to the new game. I'll be sure to hit this one on a daily basis.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Pulpatoon »

I'm headed out of town until the 31st, and can't be certain of internet access during that time. Landifarne should feel free to move Hempel and Isolde along as needs be.

Have fun, folks! See you on New Year's Eve!

Landifarne
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Landifarne »

I'm going out of town for a couple days, and will not be on during that time. I'll post again New Year's Eve. After that, I'll be able to post at a high rate (if the players are cycling through).

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by Alethan »

Going to have this game moved over to the Inactive thread. If Landifarne comes back and wants to start it up again, we can move it into the Active Games section.

Al
Site Moderator
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Return to “Wardens of the North Campaign [1E Homebrew]”