Rider of Rohan

Out of the Frying Pan...

#1 Post by tooleychris »

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Out of the Frying Pan...

#2 Post by Zhym »

Elvis tries to hear any thoughts from the sathars.

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

#3 Post by Scythius Equinus »

Shawn hums atune softly as he sees the new adversaries, his companions can hear him sing slightly off key "Stuck in the middle with you." Oddly he seems almost happy as he raises his blade and advances toward the sathar.
You had me at blood and semen - Peter Lefluer

Frank Rock - Human

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Argennian »

Abel looks over at Shawn with a strange sideways glance. Funny time to be singing a tune, he thinks to himself.

The young mutated human then turns back to Alex and Goosh. "Umm, fellas? What's our play here? Should we close the door or hoof it? Them zombies are still a comin..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by tooleychris »

As you ascend the heasy steel ramp, you can see a cargo bay. The not so soft landing has tossed various crates, tubes, and pods from their locking clamps on the walls to the floor. A control panel is lit up on the south side of the bay.
Of more immediate concern are 2 strange alien forms ducking behind some of the crates deeper inside the bay.
One of them has a pistol that shoots at Elvis a beam of light, that misses and disappears out the hatch.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Zhym »

"We come in peace?" tries Elvis. But the beam of light shot at him tells Elvis he will not be hailed as a liberator. He tries to take cover behind a control panel or crate and fires his bow at the one with the pistol.

Bow: [1d20] = 16 Damage: [1d6] = 2
Bow: [1d20] = 12 Damage: [1d6] = 1
Last edited by Zhym on Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by NJWilliam »

Alex Auster

Alex takes cover and slings a bullet at the new foes that fired some sort of weapon at them.

Alex Auster Sling (Wpn Class 9): to hit [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9, damage [2d4+1] = 5+1 = 6 | [2d6+1] = 4+1 = 5
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rukellian »

The Goosh slides over to the crate to id's left, and takes cover while preparing id's bolt shooter. "Those smellies are coming closer! The Goosh thinks we need to get inside and close the hatch."
Last edited by Rukellian on Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GronkTheBold
Scout
Scout

#9 Post by GronkTheBold »

Zengar will attempt to close the door as quickly as possible, and cheerily says to Shawn while doing so: "I think I heard that one from a magic minstrel-in-a-box. It's the one about a figure in the rather humorous predicament of being betwixt a jester on one end, and a failure of a joker on the other, right?"
That low level hireling who carries the ten foot poles...

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by tooleychris »

The telepathic static from the strange corpses outside make it hard for Elvis to separate the thoughts of the Sathar AND still make an effective attack, which bounces off the metal crate the alien hides behind.

The language on the control panel is obviously written by the dark hand of Morgoth in some ancient tongue, as Zengar has no hope of deciphering it quickly.

Round 8 initiative and actions please.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rukellian »

The Goosh, noticing id's group member's frustration with the console, stays low to the ground as id slinks back to the console to quickly help close the hatch. "The computer seems to like Goosh's goopy hand better, let the Goosh handle this." After closing the hatch and making sure everyone is inside, the Goosh will retreat back to the crate that id was taking cover behind.
Last edited by Rukellian on Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by tooleychris »

I'm going to recant Elvis ' attack for previous round. 1 arrow DID strike one of the Sathor. Sorry for confusion.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by tooleychris »

Goosh can either activate the panel or shoot this round. I still need an initiative.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rukellian »

Edited my post to reflect my decision. I apologize for putting in more than one action before the round was over, got a bit excited. :oops:

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Argennian »

Initiative: [1d6] = 2

Abel snaps out of his concern for the oncoming wave of zombies when one of the Sathar fires a laser pistol at the party. He dives for cover behind a crate or whatever object within the cargo bay is closest. "Oh Frak! We're caught in a pickle!"

He'll move as quickly as he can to switch from his hand axe to his bow and make ready to return fire if the shootout continues.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Zhym »

Elvis shoots at the bad guys with his bow.

Bow: [1d20] = 4 Damage: [1d6] = 2
Bow: [1d20] = 9 Damage: [1d6] = 6

Badly.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by tooleychris »

Goosh swipes across the touch screen and hydraulics hiss as the ramp closes you in the cargo bay, and more importantly, closes the corpses and the plant creature out.
still waiting on a few actions for this round

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by tooleychris »

sorry. Busy day!

After the hatch closes strange white sphere along the ceiling flicker on brightly illuminating the cargo bay.
A volley of fire is exchanged between your group and 1 of the aliens but the last arrow hit against it seems to have thrown it's aim off and a blast of energy strikes the bulkhead sending red sparks to fall on the deck.
One of the lit spheres strobes off and on badly from the blow.

Round 9 initiative and actions please. I also need my epileptic mutants to roll d100.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Zhym »

Elvis does his Legolas impersonation again.

Bow: [1d20] = 15 Damage: [1d6] = 1
Bow: [1d20] = 7 Damage: [1d6] = 4

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by NJWilliam »

Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband