Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Evil Knievel

#22 Post by Scythius Equinus »

"Hey thats my trick." Shawn says somewhat miffed, as he raises his hands toward the vines and lets out some serious heat.

Unsure if I need a to hit roll, the rules do not speak of one

[4d6] = 20
You had me at blood and semen - Peter Lefluer

Frank Rock - Human

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by tooleychris »

okay since heat generation states it uses a ray(and not a ball of fire ) at 4d6 damage I'll consider it a class 13 weapon as far as to-hit rolls but against this mass of vegetation only a roll of 1 will miss.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Argennian »

When Abel hears the other man's voice in his head, he spins around and nearly jumps out of his skin thinking he'd been sneaked up on and was about to get back stabbed! When he figures it out and realizes that it was in his head, he turns to cry out to Alex and tell him!

But when he spins to state the obvious as he so loves to do, he sees that his friends have already reacted and are attacking the vine creature! He joins them enthusiastically and tries to use his Heightened Vision to look for a main mouth or head, if the thing even has one. "Damn thing ain't got no main parts, does it?"

To Hit: Bow [1d20] = 2, Damage [1d6] = 3

OOC: TC, what do you consider the rate of fire is for the bow? One or two arrows per round? I know it's two in AD&D but can't seem to find it in the GW rules for some reason. :?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by tooleychris »

OOC: TC, what do you consider the rate of fire is for the bow? One or two arrows per round? I know it's two in AD&D but can't seem to find it in the GW rules for some reason. :?[/quote]

Nothing but certain mutations allow more than 1 attack per round. If you can't pull the trigger on a gun more than once per round then I suppose loading, drawing, aiming, releasing an arrow is the same.

Shots into the mass of swarming vines are almost impossible not to hit a target though some weapons seem more effective.

As the plants vines close in around Zengar and Elvis ' position a mass of silently snapping mouths reach out with surprising quickness before the party attacks.
Elvis, having quick reflexes, easily dodges the botanical menace, deftly dodging out of reach while hitting one vine with the flat of his sword and slicing through another.
Zengar is not so lucky and has his legs entwined by a vine that squirms around his body allowing one of the mouths to attach in a suction like manor to his back. 3 damage Zengar
Reacting to the attack, the strange wizard draws upon his mystical powers and blasts the vine and many of it's comrades into oblivion, releasing their hold.
Alex rockets a bullet into the mass but the attack seems ineffective.
Goosh proves he's more than just a critic of strange smells and pierces one of the gaping mouths, cleaving it from the stem causing Abel ,who was apparently shooting at the exact same mouth out of hundreds, to miss the target.
Shawn wins the plants attention with his own blast of heat that scorches many of the vines, sending them to fly upon the wind as ash.
Many vines now squirm in both parties direction.

round 2 initiative and actions please

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Zhym »

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by NJWilliam »

Alex Auster

Alex slings another bullet at the animated vines, this time at whatever part of it is closest to him.

Alex Auster Sling (Wpn Class 9): to hit [1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19, damage [2d4+1] = 3+1 = 4 | [2d6+1] = 6+1 = 7
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Argennian »

Abel steps back away from the approaching vines when they begin heading towards them. He looks for another mouth that is nowhere near any of his companions and fires off another arrow.

To Hit: Bow [1d20] = 3, Damage [1d6] = 3

OOC: understood on ROF; marking off 2 arrows
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rukellian »

The Goosh makes another squeaky toy noise as the fight ensues. The excitement of battle, all of the strange smells coming from the plant and ship, the Goosh is barely able to sit still keep the bolt shooter steady. Goosh Goosh releases another bolt and looks around to see what everyone else is doing!

Bolt Shooter [1d20] = 7 damage [1d4] = 2
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GronkTheBold
Scout
Scout

#30 Post by GronkTheBold »

Seeing Shawn's blast of scorching heat and hearing his remark, Zengar is amazed and his jaw drops at the luck of finding another like himself: "A handy trick it is. Elvis, we have a proficient pyromancer in our midst!" The mad mutant walks towards Shawn, arm outstretched for a handshake while swiping at any vines that slither into his way. "Pleased to meet you, I am Zengar the Marvelous. Over there is my equally if not moreso talented friend Elvis. Thick foliage, don't you think?"

Roll To-Hit: [1d20] = 4

Long sword damage: [1d8+1] = 1+1 = 2
That low level hireling who carries the ten foot poles...

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by tooleychris »

will give Shawn a bit to declare action

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

#32 Post by Scythius Equinus »

Sorry, broken pipes wait for no man

"Shawn." He answers as he awkwardly shakes with his left hand and draws blade with his right..."Gotta warm up the furnace." He sys smiling as he hacks at the vines.

[1d20] = 5

[1d8] = 5

Frank Rock - Human

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by tooleychris »

As more vines creep over the roller coasters frame a large sign is knocked loose to tumble onto the ground. It reads:

Elvis Swings wildly (and quite quickly) at the vines, knocking them around, not causing any real damage but preventing them from hitting him in the process.
Alex Shoots a bullet into the vines and knocks another snapping mouth from its stalk before it has a chance to latch on.
Abels own shot disappears into the swarm of vegetation as does Goosh Gooshs'
Zengar is distracted by the newcomers display and his attack is less effective. His strange introduction seems to have also distracted Shawn who only manages to knock one vine away as another entangles his legs. 2 of the hungry plant mouths attach onto him! 2 damage

round three initiative and actions please

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Zhym »

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by tooleychris »

need an initiative (d6) roll as well

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Zhym »

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Argennian »

Abel continues to step backward and away from the floral menace to keep a distance gap. Seeing that his luck with the bow is not with him at the moment, he slings it and draws his hand axe.

He then uses his Density Control ability to shrink down his size by half and prepares to engage the vine monster with his hand axe, hoping that he'll have better luck with that approach.

OOC: TC, pretty sure that my declared actions above will take at least one round (maybe more?) to accomplish. So I did not make an attack roll with hand axe. Would you like one here anyway, or should I wait for the next round?

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by tooleychris »

increase density will take a round doubling your AC

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

#39 Post by Scythius Equinus »

[1d6] = 6 Init

[1d20] = 7 To Hit

Uggg
[1d8] = 2 Damage

Shawn strikes out with his blade waiting for the tell tale heat to fill his hands again...

Frank Rock - Human

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by NJWilliam »

Alex Auster

Alex slings another bullet at the way too active vegetation.

Alex Auster Sling (Wpn Class 9): to hit [1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19, damage [2d4+1] = 7+1 = 8 | [2d6+1] = 3+1 = 4
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Return to “April 2031”