He's the one they call Doctor Fezuul!!!

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: He's the one they call Doctor Fezuul!!!

#21 Post by Stonjuz »

I looked up Healthy Hands Clinic on the net.
I didnt like the logo of the only one i could find that even remotely resembled something cool.
Does the family have a crest? Is it visually displayed also?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rukellian »

Hmm, I didn't really give any thought to his family having a crest. Let's see, this may seem a bit cheesy, but... the first thing that comes to mind is a two hands holding each other like a handshake, with a radiant light burst in the background. Can't have something too ominous now, hehe, might just very well scare away any potential patients.

Here's what I was trying to describe. I know it isn't cool in any sense of the word, but at least its welcoming.
handshake.jpg
handshake.jpg (35.47 KiB) Viewed 1082 times
Like I said, that was the first thing that came to mind, if I were to really get serious and come up with a cool family crest for a necromantic health clinic, I'm sure I could come up with something in the next day or so.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by grey_starr »

Not something like this?
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rukellian »

:lol: yeah, not those... I think the people would be outside my place with torches and such, accusing me of black magic and other vile practices if they saw that :shock:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by grey_starr »

Can't wait till you get your Henchman - EyeGore...
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rukellian »

Oh boy...

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Stonjuz »

Rukellian wrote:Maybe stock up on a few items as well too, if the DM allows it. I could set up a list of things that would be found in such a shop and tie it to a chart for a dice roll. Just something to think about.
Fine. :D Always wanted to see the inside of a mad scientist's lab. ;)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rukellian »

Healthy Hands Clinic Supply Roller
1- 10 Square yards of Clean Common Cloth
2- Mortar and Pestle with a set of various Healing Herbs
3- Roll of Bandages
4- Bottle of alcohol
5- Bottle of vinegar
6- A jar containing the body part of a preserved animal, both of the DM’s choosing

This list would be based off of a generic 1d6 dice roll, do the items look acceptable? If so, I will leave it up to you as to how many times I can roll from this list.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Stonjuz »

I can give you all of those.....no need to roll for them....unless you are hoping for multiples of some...
the jar is filled with a human brain.....remnants of a man named Abe N. Ormal..... 8-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH97lImrr0Q

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rukellian »

Stonjuz wrote:I can give you all of those.....no need to roll for them....unless you are hoping for multiples of some...
the jar is filled with a human brain.....remnants of a man named Abe N. Ormal..... 8-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH97lImrr0Q
:lol: good reference, it made me laugh out loud! Yes, very fitting, thank you!

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Stonjuz »

Healthy Hands Clinic Supply Roller
10 Square yards of Clean Common Cloth
1 Mortar and Pestle
2d6 Healing Herbs (one of these days i will call one of my players on this and make them name them, but not today)
2d6 Rolls of Bandages
1d4 Bottles of alcohol
1 Bottle of vinegar
A jar containing the human brain

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by Stonjuz »

Rukellian wrote:After finishing his examination of the age-stricken paladin, Fezuul just shakes his head and looks to the floor for a bit, avoiding the gaze of others.
Because he does not want to reveal that Necromancy, his ultimate goal is at work here. Whoever, or whatever did this, whim of a madman, masterpiece of craftsmenship, or magical phenom, Fezuul has not seen such as before.
Rukellian wrote:"Her condition is something that I cannot treat....

Not Yet !!! A necromancer did this. That much you are certain. Surely another necromancer could reverse it? Talaseka is a perfect example of age drain.
Rukellian wrote: The only thing I can suggest is that we hurry with finding a cure or something. Even as we speak, I can tell that she does not have much longer to live. The rapid acceleration of her physical body, it's too unnatural, and we have no way of knowing if it's still continuing." The doctor gets up and puts away his tools.
Maybe such a master is accepting students. :twisted:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rukellian »

Oh the moral restraints of being lawful good, how you try and try to twist my arm! You devious DM you :twisted: Careful! Sometimes its the most pure of heart that can be the most fragile and easily susceptible to snapping.... :shock:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Rukellian »

Stonjuz wrote:
Rukellian wrote:After finishing his examination of the age-stricken paladin, Fezuul just shakes his head and looks to the floor for a bit, avoiding the gaze of others.
Because he does not want to reveal that Necromancy, his ultimate goal is at work here. Whoever, or whatever did this, whim of a madman, masterpiece of craftsmenship, or magical phenom, Fezuul has not seen such as before.
Rukellian wrote:"Her condition is something that I cannot treat....

Not Yet !!! A necromancer did this. That much you are certain. Surely another necromancer could reverse it? Talaseka is a perfect example of age drain.
Rukellian wrote: The only thing I can suggest is that we hurry with finding a cure or something. Even as we speak, I can tell that she does not have much longer to live. The rapid acceleration of her physical body, it's too unnatural, and we have no way of knowing if it's still continuing." The doctor gets up and puts away his tools.
Maybe such a master is accepting students. :twisted:

In regards to what my character said, know that it was not a complete lie. He truly cannot treat her condition.... as a lawfully upstanding doctor. It's true, he hides his necromantic origins from everyone, even his friends, but he knows quite well that necromancy is at foot of the matter. Fezuul also knows that it will be tricky to treat her properly while under the guise of a normal doctor. He cannot wield miraculous healing magics like priests and clerics and medical theory and practice has only advanced so far in his era.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Stonjuz »

Rukellian wrote:Fezuul Lokvin follows right behind Benson, without a moment's hesitation. Being doctor by profession, Fezuul sees this as a matter of pride, becoming, delivering the cure to this sickness plaguing his home city.
It doesnt hurt that the Fish is a mere 150' from your quarters either.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by Stonjuz »

Heres a good floor plan for the clinic. We can photoshop later. Did you already have a floorplan in mind?
FLOORPLAN.jpg
FLOORPLAN.jpg (40.87 KiB) Viewed 982 times

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rukellian »

This looks good, I will work with it. Though the connecting room, south of the office, will have a secret entrance to an underground room where my character keeps and practices all of his questionable items and techniques in secrecy.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rukellian »

Since I cannot edit the first post in this thread, I will keep track of my character's hitpoints every now and then here. Right now he is at 3 hit points left, out of 12.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by Stonjuz »

Rukellian wrote:Since I cannot edit the first post in this thread, I will keep track of my character's hitpoints every now and then here. Right now he is at 3 hit points left, out of 12.
Just copy it normally and repost it as your own. I can delete my post if you need, but it might be a good idea to keep an original copy around , somewhere.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by Stonjuz »

Rukellian wrote:Doctor Lokvin is indeed battered pretty badly, but not to the extent that he cannot get up and walk.
Yea, I totally swapped Branc and Fezuul hitpoint during resolution.
I thought he was at 6, and took 5, leaving 1 ....oh well it wont be my last mistake.

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”