Re: Orlane - after the defeat of the Goddess

#61 Post by wolfpack »

rondar searches the desk

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#62 Post by Solinor »

Nothing of value is found in the room, except perhaps some of the nicer furnishings.

Misha knows there is a secret door along the east wall but isn't sure of how to get it open.

As the party begins to investigate they move Abramo's bed away from the wall and discover a stone on the floor close to the wall that acts like a button. Another stone button about knee level on the wall the runs parallel with the stone button on the floor.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Argennian »

Misha stares for a long moment at Abramo's now still and lifeless form, her jaw set and tears running down her cheeks. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, apparently trying to forget the evil she was forced to endure.

Nuonne's question finally pulls her out of her trance. "What? I..." She clears her throat and shakes her head a bit, as if coming to. "Yes, we must find her. She must either be in the room or perhaps the secret door on that wall..."

OOC: Sol, how large is the battered chest? If it is big enough to hold what Misha fears it might, she'll go over and try to open it quickly. Otherwise, she'll ask the others to make ready and activate the assumed control device for the secret door!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by wolfpack »

if the chest is locked rondar will attept to pick it

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#65 Post by Solinor »

wolfpack wrote:rondar searches the desk
The desk is covered with graffiti carvings of an unknown language.

The chest is locked and a set of keys can easily been seen on Abramo's belt. Even if opened by keys or lock pick you only find:

With fear of what might be contained within the chest, opening it reveals only ripped clothing of poor quality, and worthless fragments of ivory that once made up a statue of Idusus.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by rredmond »

''Sorry, stealth isn't the way anymore, if someone is behind this secret door then they already know we're here. LIGHT!'' he adds as he puts his mace through the funky writing on the desk. ''Prepare yourselves,'' he says as he stomps on the floor button, at the same time punching the wall button. He then steps back raising shield and mace to see what happens.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Argennian »

Misha looks around the room frantically. "Where could she be? We must find her!"

After coming to the realization that the room is empty, and hearing Nuonne's declaration, the priestess moves over to stand to one side of the secret door, intent on being ready to deal with anything that pops out or ready to rush in if nothing happens. She grips her mace and shield and prays to Idusus that the girl is still alive.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#68 Post by Solinor »

rredmond wrote:''Sorry, stealth isn't the way anymore, if someone is behind this secret door then they already know we're here. LIGHT!'' he adds as he puts his mace through the funky writing on the desk. ''Prepare yourselves,'' he says as he stomps on the floor button, at the same time punching the wall button. He then steps back raising shield and mace to see what happens.
You hear stoney clicks as you press the buttons and then another as you release them. Nothing happens. You realize that with one leg you can depress the foot button and then lean your knee into the button on the wall.

When you step back to consider the secret door more you hear a female voice through the wall "Let me out of here!" Then faint sobbing.

OOC: Just doing a little secret door puzzle solving.

What would you like to try now?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by rredmond »

Check for any writings in desk (was there a drawer?) or on Abramo, or under his mattress or bed. If there's nothing, then I'll put my shield over my knee, press on the floor button with my foot, and with the protected knee depress the wall button.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#70 Post by Solinor »

As you press both stones Ankhar leaning close with a torch sees scraps that go left to right on the door at about chest level. While stones pressed and a little pressure with hand the door slides open revealing another large room.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#71 Post by Solinor »

This large room is dirty and unkempt, with shards of rock lying around four crude granite statues standing about the room in haphazard locations. In the southeast corner is a polished jade figure of a snake with a female human head that is set apart from the other statues by its obviously superior crafting and material. Near it, a small cage with iron bars holds the listless figure of a beautiful young woman clothed in tattered rags. In addition, two brass-bound chests sit next to the east wall.

The young girl looks hopefully at Nuonne through the bars, then she see's Misha and hope is replaced by dread.

Misha knows the girl and was the one who handed her over to Abramo for a play thing. Her name is Cirilli Finla.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Argennian »

When Misha sees the girl is alive, she mouths a silent prayer of thanks to Idusus and approaches the cage with Nuonne. When she sees the look of horror and dread on the young girl's visage as she sees her, tears begin to stream down the priestess' cheeks.

"Please... Please forgive me, Cirilli. I was under the spell of the evil one. Abramo is dead and the evil has been removed..." Misha suddenly turns away, unable to stand to see the look in the girl's eyes. She closes her own eyes and turns around. When she speaks again, her voice is crackling and unsteady. "You are safe now and these men will bring you back to your family..."

The priestess moves back into the previous room and goes to a vacant corner. She slumps down with her head hung low and begins to cry.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by rredmond »

Nuonne tears his eyes away from the jade figure, saying quietly "you next foul idol of the dark," and heads to the cage. He'll look for keys while Rondar does his thing. He talks quietly to the girl while they work, "Cirilli is it? It'll be fine, Abramo is dead, the minions of the foul serpentess are being routed out and killed. Those who were ensorcerelled by her are coming back to us, as has Misha. You'll be fine... it'll take time but you're safe now, and you'll be fine."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by wolfpack »

if we cant find he keys rondar will pick the lock

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#75 Post by Solinor »

Aside from the jade statue, little of value is found in Abramo's lair.

Return to “Mortaya”