Party Treasure

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Party Treasure

#41 Post by NJWilliam »

Since no one should need more than one dose on an immediate basis, I think splitting the doses up makes sense in the event they are needed right away, everyone who would need one would have it on their person already.

Or, we could rig a potion of healing so Blue could carry it around his neck. (See, always thinking about how to work Blue in).

Oh, and just so Magnus doesn't think we stopped thinking about stone shape, Antheris or Vorsying could stone shape some vials for the extra potion doses if no vials could be found at the Fist.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Zhym »

Agreed. The potions will get used by whoever needs them. Splitting the portions is just a way not to have to pass a jug around.
NJWilliam wrote:Or, we could rig a potion of healing so Blue could carry it around his neck. (See, always thinking about how to work Blue in).
Or we could tie a barrel of brandy around his neck!

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by NJWilliam »

Antheris will hunt down a barrel of brandy at the Fist and have the armorer and leatherworker put together a collar rig for Blue for it.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by Magnus »

saalaria wrote:Are you thinking split the water breathing up for safety (ie we don't drop/break/lose the whole lot in one go) or to make treasure split more fair? Personally I see no need for the latter - we should just keep it in 'party treasure' to use by whoever needs it in future. If for the former reason I fully agreed it would be sensible to spread it around to reduce the risk. But do we have suitable vessels to put it in?
A Maester has potion vials, so that is not an issue while at camp.

Eulalios

#45 Post by Eulalios »

So ... Kjelti has super-specialized in claymore, to the point that her preferred weapon hits better than a mere +3 great axe ...

Would Gaerys like to have the axe, or should it become part of the Night Watch trove?

Magnus
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Magnus »

Eulalios wrote:So ... Kjelti has super-specialized in claymore, to the point that her preferred weapon hits better than a mere +3 great axe ...

Would Gaerys like to have the axe, or should it become part of the Night Watch trove?
Also, Marcus can use the Axe, if no party member can.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by NJWilliam »

Magnus wrote:
Eulalios wrote:So ... Kjelti has super-specialized in claymore, to the point that her preferred weapon hits better than a mere +3 great axe ...

Also, Marcus can use the Axe, if no party member can.
How about Blue? :shock:
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Eulalios

#48 Post by Eulalios »

Sadly, natural polar bears lack thumbs, which makes it pretty much impossible to use tools.
;)
Also ... would Blue's natural attacks still be better than a +3 great axe w/o proficiency?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Zhym »

The axe isn't a great weapon for Gaerys. He'd have to stop using his +3 shield to wield it.

If Marcus is proficient in the axe, it sounds like he's the best one to use it.

Eulalios

#50 Post by Eulalios »

Kjelti will take seven of the +1 arrows, presuming it's a two-way split. Or 5, if Ethan also wants some - I think he uses a bow?

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Zhym »

Gaerys claimed those as his first pick from the treasure, but Kjelti is probably higher in the treasure picking draft than Gaerys thanks to Gaerys scoring the +3 shield last time. If Kjelti wants the arrows instead of the +3 axe, they're hers. Take all 15. Just let me know when they've been added to her character sheet so we don't get caught in "if it's not there, you don't have it" limbo.

If Kjelti had taken the arrows as her pick when we were in the fist, Gaerys would have taken the axe and seen what he could get in trade for it. Money isn't as good as magic items, but it can be used to get other items (potions of extra healing from a Maester, for example). Or maybe he would have added it to the Watch trove as you suggest.

It may also be worth noting that although we could let Marcus use the +3 axe, Ethan has one very good magical sword in addition to his rather incredible new sword. Since he can only swing one at a time, it would make sense for Marcus to carry and use the other. So it's not as if Marcus would be hurting for a good weapon without the axe.

Here’s what I suggest, if there’s still time to retcon actions in the Fist. If no one is particularly interested in the +3 axe or the boots of elvenkind, we talk to the Quartermaster (there’s a quartermaster in the Fist, right?) to see what we could get for them, and buy as many extra-healing potions as we can with the proceeds. The rest we could split as treasure or stock up for purchases later. “Book” value is 18,000 for the axe and 2,500 for the boots. Surely for 20,500 we could get something we could actually use—if not now, then next time we’re in civilization.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by NJWilliam »

If no one else is interested in the boots, Antheris will take them. I thought Vorsyin wanted them.

Antheris is giving Gaerys mistletoe enough for 10 spell castings, and I assume Antheris had no trouble picking up a new spear at the Fist.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Zhym »

I wasn't sure whether Vorsyin had actually taken the boots, but they're on his sheet.

Gaerys will take the +3 axe. If he can retcon an exchange for potions of extra healing and other magic items or cash, he will. If not, he'll carry it with him and decide what to do about it later.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by drpete »

Is it possible to buy lots of healing potions? That's what we should do with the money we took from the first foray.

If you want me to take the axe as a pick to let Marcus use it, I do think its better than the flame sword for him. The flame sword is mainly useful against certain special enemies, like undead, and regenerators, which we aren't seeing right now. If items can be sold/exchanged for other magic, that opens up a huge array of possibilities.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Zhym »

Do we have much money left from the first foray? Gaerys had 10 platinum and 20 gold as all his recorded wealth, and 4 of those platinum just went to a mirror.

I'd as soon hold on to the axe for a possible upgrade. We could loan it to Marcus for now, but that flame blade is a pretty nice weapon for a 4th level fighter (though Marcus isn't going to stay that level for long).

Eulalios

#56 Post by Eulalios »

What I'm thinking with the arrows is that we haven't yet met many ranged encounters. In case we do, it would be better to have two bows shooting hot arrows for seven rounds (that's about how long it takes to close from bowshot to melee at a run), vs. one bow shooting hot for seven rounds.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Zhym »

Bows fire twice per round, so a 7/8 split would be 3 or 4 rounds.

If 9-Dex Gaerys has to start firing missiles, something's gone wrong. I've taken all the +1 arrows off my sheet; take the other 8 or let Ethan have them.

Eulalios

#58 Post by Eulalios »

ok. Unless Ethan speaks for them, Kjelti takes all 15 of the good arrows. Sheet updated.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by drpete »

Ethan is happy to let Kjelti have the arrows. He prefers to get in close. Marcus is going to generally hang back from melee, but he is well situated with arrows. Let's not worry about him until he gets a little closer to being able to gold his own.

Zhym is right, he can use the flame sword.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by Computer +1 »

I marked the boots on my sheet since I thought no one else wanted them. If someone else has a better use then they are welcome to them, I got the scrolls and dont want to hog the l00t!

Return to “Against the Giants (OSRIC)”