Neverwinter Woods - Spring 1358 DR

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Neverwinter Woods - Spring 1358 DR

#181 Post by Alethan »

Wisdom Check [1d20-2] = 20-2 = 18

lol... Where is that damned 20 when I NEED it??? He has no bloody clue what it means.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#182 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar is shocked when Greystone tells him the news that Tarrin had left the group. He shakes his head Cousin I do not understand humans. So quick to kill but so slow to take responsibility.

The day spent in the woods helps lift his mood. When they stop Darkstar moves closer to inspect the marking.

Wis check:
[1d20] = 19
Darkstar starts eating the tree.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#183 Post by Alethan »

Computer +1 wrote: Wis check:
[1d20] = 19

My boss just turned to look and see what was making me laugh out loud so much...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by hedgeknight »

Computer +1 wrote:Wis check:
[1d20] = 19
Nearly spit coffee all over my laptop!! Funniest damn thing I've read in awhile! LMAO!!
Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#185 Post by hedgeknight »

Tears running down my face as I try to explain this situation, and C+1's comment to my wife!!!! I can only imagine how much funnier this would be if I was drinking whiskey...like I usually am on a Thursday night! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#186 Post by hedgeknight »

Darkstar must have been REALLY hungry!!

Okay...I'm done. :mrgreen:
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#187 Post by Computer +1 »

:D

Glad my stupid elven character can amuse you guys!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#188 Post by Argennian »

Purvan's Wisdom check (need 11 or lower):

Ability Check: Wisdom [1d20] = 10

OOC: sorry for the lateness, guys! :oops:

Just barely made that one. Good stuff there, C+1
:D
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#189 Post by hedgeknight »

Darkstar and Greystone take a close look at the carving on the pine, but neither seem to recognize the symbol. But after a minute or two of study, Purvan does > it's a symbol he's seen in the libraries in the House of Knowledge in Neverwinter. Still getting used to a wilderness adventure, Purvan clears his throat and says, "It is Orcish in nature > it basically means water route, or there is water ahead."
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#190 Post by Alethan »

"Ahh," Greystone exclaims quietly. "I thought you were pointing at this knot just above the symbol..."

Greystone examines the carving to see if it is fresh or appears to be weathered.

Also, is the tree completely dead?

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#191 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar nods at Purvan and utters a singe word Orcs before scanning the area with a more heightened sense of alertness.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by hedgeknight »

Alethan wrote:Greystone examines the carving to see if it is fresh or appears to be weathered.
Also, is the tree completely dead?
The pine is snapped in half (likely from a wind or ice storm) and completely dead...but the carving, you figure, is less than a week old.
Winter is coming...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#193 Post by Argennian »

Purvan quickly stashes his journal and stylus and throws his pack back on. He then reequips his short bow and readies an arrow again before turning to look over at Thaleese to see how she's doing.

"Orcs mostly travel at night, don't they?" he states questioningly, looking to each of the elves. "I wonder if we are close to one of their lairs or hideouts..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by hedgeknight »

"So...what does this mean? Are there Orcs nearby? Shouldn't we avoid them?" Thaleese asks, her wand in hand now as she, like Darkstar, looks around the woods, nervously.
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#195 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar replies It would be best to avoid them and be on our way so long as we are not taken unaware.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#196 Post by Argennian »

hedgeknight wrote:"So...what does this mean? Are there Orcs nearby? Shouldn't we avoid them?" Thaleese asks, her wand in hand now as she, like Darkstar, looks around the woods, nervously.
Purvan does his best to calm Thaleese, smiling softly and looking her in the eye. "Fear not, Leesa. We are in good and very competent hands with these elf warriors. We will be cautious and on the lookout for surprises as we continue." he offers reassuringly.

The half-elf then turns to Greystone and Darkstar, nodding his readiness and desire to be underway.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#197 Post by Alethan »

Greystone nods."I agree with Darkstar. We can make note of the sign and try to remember where we found it, but reporting back to the tribes takes precedence over anything else."

He tries to determine the most direct path back to the Lynx territory in Neverwinter Wood. If this goes down the orc-marked trail, then he will backtrack a quarter mile and try to go around.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by hedgeknight »

Alethan wrote:He tries to determine the most direct path back to the Lynx territory in Neverwinter Wood. If this goes down the orc-marked trail, then he will backtrack a quarter mile and try to go around.
Crosscountry...I like it! :twisted:

A quarter mile back down the trail, Greystone strikes out across country, heading into the thick wooded hillside bearing a west. It's shady under the canopy and the vines and scrub is thick and difficult to traverse. Game is more abundant, however, even though the most you see is the "hind end" of them since Thaleese is making enough noise to wake the dead. The wind is whipping through the trees as you entire a particularly dark patch of hardwoods, where on the north side of the hills, the light of day does little to ward off the chill.

Image Darkstar finds an old game trail which leads down a hill and through a very thick patch of mountain laurel. And for the next hour, you walk along the enclosed trail with blooming laurel all around you, your visibility limited to only a few feet. But in the midst of all the thick, invasive laurel, you find a hidden glen no more than 20 feet diameter. There are fresh deer droppings here in the sparse grass which grows in the clearing. The wind blows above you, but things are somewhat quiet within the small clearing...so quiet that you hear a small sound...and turn to see something watching you...

Actions?
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#199 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar nocks, draws and fires at the doe in a fluid motion almost too quick to see. The arrow streaks towards the deers vitals:

attack:
[1d20] = 19 +4 = 23
dmg:
[1d6] = 6

Darkstar only fires a single arrow, confident in his aim and also out of respect to the Lady of the Forest.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by hedgeknight »

The arrow strikes true and the doe leaps straight up in the air and when she her hooves hit the ground, she is already running, disappearing into the laurel thicket. Bright red blood, however, can be seen running down the laurel leaves...
"Why did you do that?"Thaleese hisses, her eyes ablaze with anger.
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”