Action Thread 18

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 18

#61 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:
rredmond wrote: Figured we didn't need to wait for Greg to post a move at this point.
A rat king runs up with something to prove
Don't just stand there, post a move!
Hah, that made me laught out VERY loud.
Course now I have that song stuck in my head...

Maybe this version will cure me:
http://youtu.be/DeddREmRJ9o
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#62 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:
Alethan wrote:
rredmond wrote: Figured we didn't need to wait for Greg to post a move at this point.
A rat king runs up with something to prove
Don't just stand there, post a move!
Hah, that made me laught out VERY loud.
Course now I have that song stuck in my head...

Maybe this version will cure me:
http://youtu.be/DeddREmRJ9o
Hey, you could have worse songs stuck in your head...

Don't click on it! Seriously, don't... you won't like it.

I'm sailing away,
Set an open course for the virgin sea,
'Cause I've got to be free,
Free to face the life, that's ahead of me...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Argennian »

As soon as the rats scurry away, Yosef stops swinging vainly and checks his six. When he sees that Jeloon has finished off the most illegitimate King of Shard, he closes his eyes and thanks Corellon. "Til that day, dear Dravic. Tis not this day..."

He moves to Van's side to check on him first, hoping to offer any help or aid that Bruard deems necessary or prudent. "Well done, Van. We held the line!" he says with a hand to the man's shoulder and that particular nod of respect given from one warrior to another.

Once he's sure that Van is good, Yosef secures his weapons and recovers his torch. He moves up to where the dead rat king lies and offers that same warrior's nod to Jeloon. "A very well done, Jeloon! Looks like our poor royalty here has been dethroned, eh?" he offers with a smirk and a wink to the half-orc swordswoman.

The relieved to be alive High elf will ultimately end up moving over with his torch to give Till more light to scrutinize the goodies!

OOC: Dethroned, I says!! 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon will exchange a nod with Yosef and watch in amusement as the halfling goes through the treasures with such excitement and vigor. She kicks the dead rat leader aside as she casually moves out of the way and performs some primitive care to the scratches she received and waits until the party is ready to move out again. "Me assume we go back and see the old lady, no?" she asks, only half caring.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#65 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard puts his mace back on his belt, and his shield on his back. He opens his pack and removes the vial of ointment he got from the druidess and says 'Okay, who was bitten by a rat this battle? Speak up so I may apply this tincture upon your wounds.'

As he waits for a reply, he moves to Van's side and assesses his wounds.

Per my character sheet, Bruard has no more CLWs left. But I don't remember the last time one was used. Maybe we need to hunker down and sleep for a while to restore spells.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by Argennian »

dmw71 wrote:Jeloon will exchange a nod with Yosef and watch in amusement as the halfling goes through the treasures with such excitement and vigor. She kicks the dead rat leader aside as she casually moves out of the way and performs some primitive care to the scratches she received and waits until the party is ready to move out again. "Me assume we go back and see the old lady, no?" she asks, only half caring.
Yosef has a sudden thought. "Do you think she will want proof of his death? Like say his head?" he asks matter of factly, looking around to his companions to see what they think.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#67 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote:
Oh, Till is happy to make the glory strike, if Jeloon doesn't want to. :) But she certainly has earned it, if she wants the honor. Then we have to find a sack somewhere...

Anyone good with a broad sword? I'm afraid Till isn't proficient and doesn't get another slot until 9th level.
Yep, I think we need the head.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 12:25 p

I think Bruard is spelled up actually. I believe y’all were waiting for this point before curing. I have just the one second level spell used.

Van is very hurt (1HP left) but he can move about. Figured I’d let you know for resource management.

The rat kings clothing was pretty wrecked in the blast, not much of anything left. The crown is a bit melted, but still gold, it’s worth something.

Besides the glowing broad sword, the only things that seem to have survived the blast are two silver rings and a gold one. They are all three signet rings, with an etched in tower on the flattened top of the ring. They are identical, except for the material – two silver and one gold.

Bruard assesses Van and asks the others if anyone needs the druidess’s ointment.

After checking on Van and Jeloon, Yosef hoists his torch to head over to the glittery bits in the back of the cavern with Till. As they walk over they discuss taking the rat king’s head. :)

The pile of glittery bits are in a nest of foul smelling straw. There’s no order to them, they are strewn about, but easy to find in this general area. There are 180 gp, 210 sp, 340cp, 8 gems, a wand, and 2 small bits of incense that haven’t been burned at all.

It’s quiet and a wee bit cold in here, but there’s not a rat to be seen, heard or smelled anywhere near.

HPs: Jeloon - 16/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Yosef), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-1/2, 2-0/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-3/4

Helm used 1x today.
Ointment 3 normal applications left.

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#69 Post by Alethan »

Till sorts through the trash and piles up the coins into like piles as quickly as he can.

"Yosef, you have room in your pack for all of this coin? If not, we might consider leaving the coppers, though... I was thinking they might be useful in case we need to bribe anyone else in the city. Honestly, we should consider that option for a lot of the silver, too. I doubt we can pack out everything we're going to find here..."

He takes the rings and gems and attempts to scrutinize them carefully for a value before securing them into his belt pouch.

He passes the wand over to Yosef for closer examination. (Hopefully it has a command word scratched into the side of it? That seemed to be the case more often than not in the three Elminster books I just finished reading...)

He examines the incense, takes a quick sniff of it, then says, "I don't know... maybe Bruard could use these?"

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#70 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard, still examining Van, tells the young man to hold still. Bruard holds his hands over Van's worst wounds, his eyes roll back in their sockets, and he mutters under his breath.

Cure light wounds: [1d8] = 4

He releases after a few moments, breathing heavily. He then looks over at Till and the incense Lemee see that stuff... He takes it from the halfling and sniffs it and feels it between his fingers. Ron, can he tell anything about it? Need me to roll something?

Finally, he says Yes, I think we should keep this rat bastard's head to prove our task was done properly. Unfortunately, I do not have a spare sack.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Till sorts through the trash and piles up the coins into like piles as quickly as he can.

"Yosef, you have room in your pack for all of this coin? If not, we might consider leaving the coppers, though... I was thinking they might be useful in case we need to bribe anyone else in the city. Honestly, we should consider that option for a lot of the silver, too. I doubt we can pack out everything we're going to find here..."
Yosef nods wholeheartedly and pulls out the Handy Haversack. He hands it to Till so he can fill it's side pouches with coin. "Perhaps we could melt down and weaponize some of that silver, if there is too much of it in coin? I certainly would not mind some silver arrowheads. Wonder if there's anyone here in Shard that could do so?"
Alethan wrote:... He passes the wand over to Yosef for closer examination. (Hopefully it has a command word scratched into the side of it? That seemed to be the case more often than not in the three Elminster books I just finished reading...) ...
The High elf fighter/mage's eyes get almost as big as his smile as he takes the wand from Till. "Indeed!" is all he exalts as he proceeds into magical scrutinization factor alpha!

OOC: total coin: (180 gp, 210 sp, 340cp) is 730gp encumbrance, or 73lbs. The Handy Haversack has two side pouches that will handle 20lbs each, and the main pocket will handle 80lbs. So we have enough room for all of it! :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by Alethan »

After all coin and treasure is sorted out (don't forget the magical sword!), Till searches through the trash for a suitable old bag or tattered cloak or... something that can be used to carry the Rat King's head back to the druid in order to fulfill their part of the agreement.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 12:45 p

Till and Yosef pack the coins up in to the Haversack. Looking closer at the gems, Till can see that three of them are of the 25 gp variety, while the other five are only, disappointingly to him, 10gp gems. He can’t discern anything other than his initial observations on the rings: 2 silver, 1 gold, all three signet rings with a tower etched into the top of each of them. Identical except for the material they are made out of.

He notices the incense has a sweet smell as he passes it over to Bruard. Bruard heals up Van who feels almost 100% back in action, and seems a little sheepish that he allowed himself to get hurt that bad. Bruard accepts the incense, they are small rectangular blocks of sweet-smelling incense and they definitely give Bruard a good feeling when he smells them. They are in perfect condition considering they’ve been pulled from a ratty nest.

Eyes agape and mouth open, the elf takes a long look at the wand. It’s nice, and lamenting the loss of his wand of fire, it feels good in his hand. And… there it is, Yosef sees the command words. He is uncertain what they mean, but they are etched deep in the wand he now holds. It seems to be one command word, and then a separate command phrase. The word is “blitzen” while the phrase is “Watt and ampere, volt and ohm, let this discharge find its home!” Yosef isn’t sure what the wand does, but he looks up smiling because it must do something.

Tills searching takes some time, there’s nothing in the nest, and almost nothing untouched by fire on King Ratty. Finally, rolling him over, Till spies the cape, protected somewhat by its body, the rat king’s cape is the best option to carry its head. Jeloon, meanwhile, straps the sword to her back.

HPs: Jeloon - 16/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 50 minutes (Yosef), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-1/2, 2-0/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-3/4

Helm used 1x today.
Ointment 3 normal applications left.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#74 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard stows the incense, and helps collect up the rat king's head. Let's get out of this shanty den and return to the druidess. I'd like a nap.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#75 Post by Alethan »

Noting Van's self-deprecation, Till tells him, "You did great, Van! We would've have a much tougher time of it without you. Sure, you're earning the right to carry that spear for the rest of your days, I'll wager."

Till wrinkles his nose when Yosef reads the inscription on the wand.

"Discharge? Hand an uncle once what let a wound on his shoulder get festered and it had wot my auntie called a 'cheesy discharge' to it. I had to help clean it once..." His face blanches at the memory. "Let's hope this isn't a wand of THAT sort..."

As he goes about preparing the king's head for portage in his own cloak, he looks back at Yosef and adds, "Sure, please don't be pointing that thing at me, in any case! It don't sound good, whatever it might do!"

Once the head is prepared, and everyone else is ready, Till will happily lead the party back out of the tunnels, up to the throne room, into the courtyard, up the wall, and back into the druid's quadrant.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon, though slightly disturbed at the mention of a "cheesy discharge," is quick to secure all her possessions, including the new sword, and will gladly follow Till.

"Cheese."
"Rats."
she mumbles to herself, chuckling at the connection.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#77 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:Jeloon, though slightly disturbed at the mention of a "cheesy discharge," is quick to secure all her possessions, including the new sword, and will gladly follow Till.

"Cheese."
"Rats."
she mumbles to herself, chuckling at the connection.

;)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by Argennian »

Having apparently read aloud the command word and phrase etched into the wand, Yosef snaps out of his awe-inspired, daydreamy inspection when Till warns him not to point it at him.

"Huh? Oh, indeed. Sorry, Till," the elf replies, sliding the wand into his belt line right where the Wand of Fire used to go. "I am fairly confident that the wand does not discharge cheese for the former rat king's vermin minions. I suspect that it may in fact be a Wand of Lightning! I will need to research that further, of course. I wonder if perhaps Melissa might know something about these items?"

Yosef assists the others in gathering that which will be taken out and back to the druid's home. He unconsciously caresses the wand from time to time, just to make sure it's still there... :)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#79 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard, after listening to the witty banter about cheese, looks a little closer at Jeloon. He puts a hand on her shoulder Hold still, young one... he mutters and calls upon the mighty light of Shinare to cure the half-orc of some of her wounds.

Cure light wounds: [1d8] = 3

Better than nothing, I guess :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#80 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote: Once the head is prepared, and everyone else is ready, Till will happily lead the party back out of the tunnels, up to the throne room, into the courtyard, up the wall, and back into the druid's quadrant.
This.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”