IC II

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IC II

#61 Post by drpete »

Babu the Monkey

Once the rats disperse, Babu rushes to Ishanter's side, and bandages his wounds, chanting a prayer over him as he works.
Babu tries to save Ishanter by casting cure light wounds on him as he tests his wounds. Here's hoping for a lucky roll on the moral Wounds table. Don't hold your breath, though. He didn't have a lot of HP to begin with.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by thirdkingdom »

drpete wrote: Babu the Monkey

Once the rats disperse, Babu rushes to Ishanter's side, and bandages his wounds, chanting a prayer over him as he works.
Babu tries to save Ishanter by casting cure light wounds on him as he tests his wounds. Here's hoping for a lucky roll on the moral Wounds table. Don't hold your breath, though. He didn't have a lot of HP to begin with.
By the way, I believe Ishanter is a she.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha the Wanderer

Pesha flails about as the last of the rodents flee. He then transitions to patting down his body to make sure the creatures did not flee with anything, naturally attached or not.

Shrugging off his own injuries he looks to the fallen Ishanter, as Babu administers aid, and bows his head, "I pray it is not to late".

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#64 Post by Rodriguez »

Styr the Axe Murderer
Styrnip scratches his boots over the rocks, removing some squished rat gore before stepping up to the old crone. "Bloody Hell! She looks half eaten already..." he curses while looking down at his bleeding henchmen.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by thirdkingdom »

Okay, so Ishanter was reduced to -5 hp. Babu is able to reach her on the second round after she takes the damage. She regains 1d6+1=2 hp from the CLW. The mortal roll is made as follows: -5 for being reduced to negative hp, -3 for being treated immediately after the battle, +1 for CLW, +2 for Babu having Healing. For a total modifier of -5. 1d20-5=7
Grievously wounded. Ishanter will die unless raised to 1 hp within 1 turn. If she's healed, she'll need two weeks of bed rest. 1d6=6. Oh, and she's permanently addled from brain trauma, suffering a -2 penalty on all proficiency and spell research throw, and a -10% penalty to XP.

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#66 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, shaman

"How bad are the wounds? Should I help?" Kaa keeps her eyes on the surroundings, trying to keep a mental track of the rats while moving to Ishanter's side. "The oil will burn down soon, we need a plan. Perhaps we should regroup?"
Kaa, who devours (5th level shaman, ACKS)

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by thirdkingdom »

Now, I have no problem with you guys letting Ishanter go gently into the good night, especially since she's looking at two weeks bed-rest in a strange country where you have already managed to make yourselves wanted by the largest city in the region. But it's up to you guys.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#68 Post by Rodriguez »

If our ressources allow (A Comfrey alone wont get her back to 1 so we need spells...) I would rather heal,nkeep her and smuggle her into the city as disguised Styr. Such things are always more fun then just fetching a new henchmen!

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by drpete »

Babu the Monkey

"Kaa, she's slipping! I need you!"

Babu does what he can to try to save Ishanter. First, he will apply woundwart, and attempt to heal her that way, and give Kaa a chance to do likewise. If either of those work, he'll apply Comfrey, then call on the spirits to cure her wounds.
She's probably done for, but let's see if there's any hope.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by sulldawga »

Harald remains silent but he's happy to see the group working as hard as they can to save their henchman's life. He wants the party to have a reputation in this land for taking care of their own.

He will remain on guard against any further incursions from rats or worse.

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#71 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, Shaman
Rodriguez wrote:If our ressources allow (A Comfrey alone wont get her back to 1 so we need spells...) I would rather heal, n'keep her and smuggle her into the city as disguised Styr. Such things are always more fun then just fetching a new henchmen!
That's what I was wainting on :)
drpete wrote: Babu the Monkey

"Kaa, she's slipping! I need you!"

Babu does what he can to try to save Ishanter. First, he will apply woundwart, and attempt to heal her that way, and give Kaa a chance to do likewise. If either of those work, he'll apply Comfrey, then call on the spirits to cure her wounds.

"Spare the herbs, there isn't time. Styr is pensive enough as is, we don't need him doubting our usefulness." He shield clatters to the ground and rolls like a coin.

Like a viper, Kaa draws her daggers and streaks them toward the fallen witch, hissing. She stops them above the shoulders and draws the points in the air above Ishanter like she is cutting away her flesh or clothes in wide stripes, chanting. «dalaaan-irmoooka zasss-travvvra Namaya!» "Shed your wounds and this weakened flesh!" Ishanter's skin begins to bubble and discolor as if she'd stayed too long in a bath - Far too long.

((using cure wounds spell, 1d6+1))

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by thirdkingdom »

I am considering the round that Babu initially cast CLW as Round Three. I already have an intention that Kaa will cast another CLW during Round Four.
Round Four

Under the effects of Babu's healing dweomer Ishanter groans and stirs; the witch lives yet! At the same time, those standing guard hear the whispering, squeaking sound of another approaching hoard and yet more rats appear at the end of the tunnel, racing with tiny rodent legs towards the adventures.
They are perhaps 20' away at this point.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by sulldawga »

Harald will stand fast again.

"Oil! Now!"

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by drpete »

Babu the Monkey

Babu stands fast, preparing to fend rats off of himself and Harald. To Kondo, he cries "try your net!"
fending rats when they arrive, splitting the bonus between me and Harald.

I assume that you meant Kaa's spell? Babu was going to heal without magic this round.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Lets Try this Again!

#75 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha the Wanderer

Pesha back peddles from the direction of the rats, trying to place himself out of their immediate view. "I long for the days of battling goblins in the woods", the thief says as he hurls the flask of oil at the oncoming swarm.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#76 Post by NJWilliam »

Tychon the Blue, Mage (hp 13/16)

Tychon hurls a flask of military oil in the path of the oncoming rat horde.

Adtas, Explorer (hp 5/5) (levitating)

If there is not fire remaining to light the military oil thrown by others, Adtas will throw a torch. If there is enough going to light the oil, however, he will hurl another military oil.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#77 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, shaman

Kaa drops the daggers, letting them hang by their thongs, and scoops up the almost-lifeless witch before hustling to their entry point.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by thirdkingdom »

Hrafn wrote:Kaa, shaman

Kaa drops the daggers, letting them hang by their thongs, and scoops up the almost-lifeless witch before hustling to their entry point.
Ah, so you were meaning can you taker her out yourself. Remember, it was a 20' climb down a rope to get here, which might be a bit tricky to do. However, it seems there is a dude in the party who currently is under the effects of a levitation spell . . . .

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#79 Post by Hrafn »

thirdkingdom wrote:
Ah, so you were meaning can you taker her out yourself. Remember, it was a 20' climb down a rope to get here, which might be a bit tricky to do. However, it seems there is a dude in the party who currently is under the effects of a levitation spell . . . .
Right, I was thinking she wouldn't be dead weight for some reason. Hoisting her up would be a death sentence... Perhaps for now, it's bet to leave her near the 'safety' of the entry point and return to the fight – I doubt the rats will be intelligent enough to seek out wounded targets a dash or three away?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by thirdkingdom »

Round Four

Kaa drags Ishanter to the far point of the room, hopefully keeping her out of the reach of any more ravening rodents. Flasks of oil are flung down just inside the mouth of the tunnel, and a flame applied; a wall of fire roars up from the puddle just in time. Several small brown shapes leap through the flames, only to be fried mid-flight.
Okay, the fire will burn for another round after this one. Actions, please?

Return to “[ACKS Hexcrawl] Strangers in a Strange Land”