OOC and General Discussion

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC and General Discussion

#41 Post by Fearghus »

That's a good call. Duergar have their own language, but I am certain it is close to dwarf. A check to understand is perfectly acceptable. Maybe a 1 in 6 for anyone speaking dwarf, 2 in 6 for a native dwarf speaker, + any int modifier. -1 for Kargoth, and +1 for Eldrek. So, 1 in 6 and 3 in 6 respectively.

Or we can try a straight Int check (d20). The book recommends +/- 4 depending on the situation. That is close to the above, but slightly more in your favor.

Kargoth and Eldrek's attempt to understand the duergar: [1d20] = 8[1d20] = 2. Success for Both!

Kargoth has an 8 int and Eldrek a 12. I think Kargoth is at least able to get the idea that Vane is being threatened, something about having a bad day. Eldrek's 2 is a near perfect translation, "Doom is upon you".

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#42 Post by Fearghus »

Instead of nickle and diming everyone for xp on skill checks, I think it might be easier to continue the milestone xp as the group completes something or is moving in the right direction. You are free to direct the characters away from the duergar story onto something else. Let me know if you care one way or the other (if you like the skill based xp, milestone, both etc). I have to admit my motivation for running this game was to establish a setting for a short level 7-9 adventure I am piecing together for this town. I am eager to see the group advance.

Also thank you to all for getting into the characters and role-playing them. I really enjoy the nuances being applied. It is difficult for me to gauge players interest in RP with NPC's and each other, as opposed to getting in the mix and rolling dice and getting things done. I am pretty sure it was some of the posts here where other members were encouraging to err on the side of keep the activity moving due to the slow nature of PBP (and also I am only posting every other day). I do enjoy tailoring the game to the players, so let me know if there aspects of a game you would like to see added (or stopped).

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Grognardsw »

By Clangeddin's calculator, the milestone method does hit the nail on the head! XP for role playing is encouraging.

Drog, however, growls his displeasure at not making 2nd level :) He wants that pack of henchbitch followers someday.

The RP / action mix is good.

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#44 Post by Anivar »

I'm new to pbp games so i really dont have anything to compare it to but i also feel the action/rp mix is perfect. When i was playing table top long ago, i never really got into rp, the pacing was usually too fast to be able to really get into the characters head so this has been a fun experience.

do we need to seek out a trainer/mentor when gaining a level? are there training costs or any extra requirements?
Ooops...

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by NJWilliam »

Sounds good to me. I think everything has been nicely paced and balanced as well.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by Fearghus »

Anivar,

Trainers are not necessary. Once you have the appropriate amount of experience points you are welcome to level the character. If you roll for your character's hit points please use the dice roller with the campaign id 123, and your character's name. The site maintains a log of all rolls for the game.

Invisible Castle is also available.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Blazeguard »

Like Anivar, I'm relatively new to pbp and rpgs in general but I'm having a blast so far. I think the pacing is spot on so far.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Grognardsw »

The Allathurion Heroes. Clockwise from the big tree: Gutram the ranger, Kargoth the dwarf cleric, Eldrek the dwarf fighter, Brezebar the magician, Drog the dog, Vane the Assassin, Petyr the fighter.

The morlocks attack, with the evil magician and duergar lurking back in the shadows.

Skeletons unleashed from the mystic gate… Clockwise: Skeletons, Vane the assassin, Eldrek the dwarf fighter, Brezebar the magician, Gutram the ranger, Petyr the fighter, Kargoth the dwarf cleric with hammer, Drog the dog.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#49 Post by Fearghus »

LOL! I love it, grog. A great job putting everything together. In three pictures you have conveyed more than me in all of the campaign posts. Your collection of miniatures and terrain is really neat.

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#50 Post by Anivar »

Holy crap!
Ooops...

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by thirdkingdom »

Hah! I totally missed the whole XP rewards thread. It appears that Brezebar has achieved the lofty heights of 2nd level. Will you be rolling for hp, Fearghus, or shall I?

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#52 Post by Fearghus »

You are welcome to hold your fate in your own hands! Invisible Castle, which I believe you prefer, or USDR linked above.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by NJWilliam »

Gutram made 2nd too! I'll get his sheet updated tonight.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by Fearghus »

Very nice! Brezebar and Kargoth both got nice rolls for 2nd level.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by NJWilliam »

Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Grognardsw »

OOC strategy: Thirdkingdom, how about charming the duergar. As Brezebar's best bud he may open up more, tell how to find the City Below or Horrors of the Deep, etc.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by Blazeguard »

How does leveling up work with hit points? If we are injured does our max HP increase but we keep our current HP?

Return to “The Allathurion Chronicle”