OOC and General Discussion

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

OOC and General Discussion

#1 Post by Fearghus »

Please keep out of character (OOC) comments to this thread.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC and General Discussion

#3 Post by Fearghus »

thirdkingdom wrote:How would you like me to do magician spells? Am I rolling the percentage to know each spell?
Your spell book will contain 2 first level spells, and 1 second level spell. You may choose them without rolling to learn. The second level spell, although "learned", is still beyond your skill to perform outside of a controlled situation.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by thirdkingdom »

Great intro, Fearghus. I'm running behind, and hope to have my character posted by tomorrow (Monday) evening, east coast time.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by Fearghus »

Thank you!

No rush on the character. I said I'd go for every other day posting, so you have time.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Distorted Humor »

Sorry I was on break from the 4th...

Still room for me?

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Fearghus »

Of course! Glad to have you.

Please use the unseen servant dice roller to make your character. The campaign ID is 123.

Once you log in, click on "My Characters". The character name is editable, so put in Allathurion or something similar for now. Enter 123 for the campaign id. Click "Aye!". Now click "Roll the Dice" in the upper menu. Near the bottom of the page is the "Roll on-the-fly" area. Select whatever name you entered for the Allathurion chronicle, and in the "Macro:" box enter [1d6][1d6][1d6][1d6]. Keep the three highest rolls. Repeat 5 more times for a total of six rolls. Arrange these ability scores to make the race class combination of your desire. Apply racial and age modifiers as appropriate.

Age is optional, but if you want to apply the old age modifier, you have to apply all previous modifiers as well. Holler if you have questions.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by thirdkingdom »

Fearghus, I have indicated on my character sheet that Brezebar has Sleep memorized.

I would like to propose a marching order:
Eldrek
Gutram
Kargoth
Brezebar
Vane

(when single file) and

Eldrek | Gutram
Kargoth | Vane
Brezebar

(when double file)

Brezebar shall carry a light source in either case. Hopefully we can get some hirelings going on pretty soon.

Can we get some ayes/nays about the proposed plan. If nay, be sure to offer an alternative.

Fearghus, can one either use a spear/polearm or fire a missile weapon over the dwarf's head? And are you cool with allowing Brezebar to cast a spell while holding a torch/lantern.

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#9 Post by Anivar »

Looks good, the only alternative I would offer is to swap myself (Vane) with Brezebar in the double file in case we get jumped from behind.
Ooops...

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Blazeguard »

Yep, looks good to me too.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Fearghus »

thirdkingdom wrote: can one either use a spear/polearm or fire a missile weapon over the dwarf's head?
Yes
thirdkingdom wrote:And are you cool with allowing Brezebar to cast a spell while holding a torch/lantern.
Yes. Elves and magic-users can both cast as long as one hand is free.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Grognardsw »

Marching order looks good to me.

In the excitement of the combat in the temple, I rolled the dice. I remembered afterwards that in Fearghus House Rules post he said he'd make the rolls. Sorry! I got some good rolls there too :(

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#13 Post by Anivar »

Oh crap! I'm the original offender, good catch.

Btw I'm lovin the loud dwarves, I had to explain what I was doin the other day at work after a chuckle or 2
Ooops...

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by Fearghus »

No biggy, I'll move forward with the results provided.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

A New Member to the Party

#15 Post by Fearghus »

Distorted Humor, glad to have you along. You are free to interact with the current round of actions. You will be one of the individuals exiting the long house of Leothric. You see two men on the outside of the Chapel after having heard a pained scream from that same direction. After mere moments more individuals exit the front door of the chapel.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Distorted Humor »

Thanks! Posting now :ugeek:

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by thirdkingdom »

Finally took care of Brezebar's equipment. All done except for languages. What are some appropriate languages to start with?

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Fearghus »

As cheesy as it sounds, I am simply using common for the race of men in the area. Halflings do not have a separate language.

Other languages in use in this area: elf, dwarf, lawful (think of as a type of latin popular among religious types), chaotic (available to Brezebar since he is an arcanist. similar to the black speech which Gandalf would not utter in the shire), there is no neutral language. His studies could expose him to goblin and orc if there is an interest to have Brezebar focus on them. If your theme for him is more along the lines of the fae, then he might know gnome, or sylvan (language of all fae-like creatures also unicorn and satyr, etc.).

Sylvan is as close to a neutral language as there is, but it is not available to everyone as a simple alignment language.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#20 Post by Fearghus »

third, your IC post made me lol.

Return to “The Allathurion Chronicle”