Chp. 1: The Adventure Begins.....

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Adventure Begins.....

#441 Post by Grognardsw »

Boddin quietly wakes the party then melts into darkness. The three strangers are passing by the road in front of you. They pause and slowly turn in your direction. Each holds up a hand, palm out, toward the group, and lower there hoods.

The sight is disconcerting, more so when you realize that in each palm of their hand is an eye looking at you.

"We are the seers of the borderlands," they say in unison. "One among you is not true."

And with that they lower their hands and move on.

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#442 Post by jdluna »

Luna suddenly appears with Berries and other juices smeared on his face "What's with those guys?"

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#443 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Albertus, Cleric, Road Toward Keep***

"I am surprised to see you so soon. thought you got lost looking for the girl in the woods. Well anyway glad you came back. Now here eat some stew and rest up. Tomorrow we head for the Keep in earnest."

After handing a cup for of stew to Luna, Albertus takes his place next to the warmth and safety of the glowing fire near the center of camp.

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#444 Post by jdluna »

Yea, I was looking for berries and ran into a mushroom patch. So I took a trip to the spirit world. I've collected some for later if you're interested
MrHemlocks wrote:
***Albertus, Cleric, Road Toward Keep***

"I am surprised to see you so soon. thought you got lost looking for the girl in the woods. Well anyway glad you came back. Now here eat some stew and rest up. Tomorrow we head for the Keep in earnest."

After handing a cup for of stew to Luna, Albertus takes his place next to the warmth and safety of the glowing fire near the center of camp.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#445 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Albertus, Cleric, Road To Keep***

Taking the mushrooms from Luna and placing them into his backpack, Albertus smiles at Luna."Eat up we need our energy and rest before tomorrow. That goes for all you...eat up mates and rest. I will have first watch."

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#446 Post by Fearghus »

Fingal, Thief

"That was not right", Fingal states in reference to the seers. "And I tell you what ain't right is that damn bug bite". He scratches at it again and shudders. "There is something wrong with it. Priestly heal'n aside, I can feel it all wrong".

He looks at the bowl of stew and shakes his head, "I was supposed to be rich and die with ale and whores. Folk would look at me and say There's that Fingal. He's rich and whores love'em. It's not supposed to end like this".

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#447 Post by Grognardsw »

Pondering the strange words of the seers of the borderlands, the party gets back to sleep. The next morning the adventurers continue their journey to the Keep. You pass some travelers, a wagon, and sight a roc flying across the clouds. Otherwise the day is thankfully uneventful.

You arrive at the Keep's portcullis:
"Hail travelers! State your business!" rings the familiar call of the guards. On closer inspection one of the guards recognizes the group from before. They let you through, but demand 10% tax on your adventuring proceeds. You remember now this fact was mentioned early on.

After the rough time in the wilderness and ruined tower, the Keep is welcome respite.

From your previous stay, you have a basic familiarity with the environs. Among the Keep's merchants are a blacksmith, tavern, inn, armorer, weapon shop, general provision shop, church, guard headquarters, commanders tower, farmers market, baths, small brothel, stable, and most likely others that exploration would reveal.
Well-deserved rest and ale awaits. Among your loot to sell is six short swords from the goblins.

Actions?

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#448 Post by NJWilliam »

Brother Bayard

Bayard is visibly relieved to have reached the Keep, or at least his worried looks at Fingal seem to be less frequent.

"My friends, let me hasten to the Chapel of St. Cuthbert, I hope the clergy there know of these bugs and this affliction left in Fingal.
"Please help him get there as fast as he can, carry him if you must, let's not chance a moment extra!"

With that Bayard says mostly to himself, "Tritherion lend me haste," and takes off to the chapel at a fast clip to the chapel.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#449 Post by jdluna »

NJWilliam wrote:Brother Bayard

Bayard is visibly relieved to have reached the Keep, or at least his worried looks at Fingal seem to be less frequent.

"My friends, let me hasten to the Chapel of St. Cuthbert, I hope the clergy there know of these bugs and this affliction left in Fingal.
"Please help him get there as fast as he can, carry him if you must, let's not chance a moment extra!"

With that Bayard says mostly to himself, "Tritherion lend me haste," and takes off to the chapel at a fast clip to the chapel.
Luna stays with Fingal on his journey

The-Dungeon-Shaker
Tracker
Tracker

#450 Post by The-Dungeon-Shaker »

-Wulfhart Asgeirsson, Keep Tavern-

Wulfhart puts another empty tankard on the table.

"Did you hear that, elf? It seems those adventurers have just returned. Hurry, we must find them, I'm sure they'll accept our help. I can't wait to find those caves everyone is talking about."
Last edited by The-Dungeon-Shaker on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#451 Post by Grognardsw »

Wulfhart Asgeirsso, the powerfully built bearded warrior, and Eli’enev Thornwalker, dark haired elf skilled in sword and spell, move to the door of the tavern just as a band of recently arrived adventurers walk in.

At the front of that group Foracor the Fleet, fourth elven son of Feristivian of the High Trees, almost bumps into Eli’enev. Foracor does a double take, looks more closely at the elf before him, and exclaims: “By Gadhelyn, it is cousin Eli’enev! It must be fate to see you so far from home. What is the Thornwalker doing at the Keep in the Borderlands! We have just returned from adventuring in these dangerous lands, resting before heading back out to the Caves of Chaos. Some of my comrades are with me. Here, let us sit and talk.”
Please welcome Dungeon-Shaker and wolfpack to the group!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#452 Post by wolfpack »

Well met Foracor what a suprise to find you in these far off lands.

Eli’enev says grasping the elf's forearm.

I have decided the life of a village guard leader that my father choose is not for me. So I have traveled far looking for adventure.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#453 Post by Grognardsw »

"The adventuring life?" says Foracor to Eli'enev. "Then you should join us in the next leg of our mission!"

Drinks are ordered. The adventurers exchange tales. The tavern becomes more crowded.

A large drunk man - a barbarian in loin cloth with glistening uber-muscles - bumps the table, spilling one your drinks, and looks at the group belligerently. "Look where you put that table," he growls.

Eli'enev's sharp elven ears hear people at the next table whisper "Uh oh, that's Ramrod Queerstaff!"

Meanwhile, Brother Bayard and Luna the elf accompany Fingal to the Chapel of St. Cuthbert. The modest chapel is quiet, incense burn near the altar, and a few parishioners pray in the pews.

Bayard spots Father Caeric near the altar. The old priest looks up at Bayard and his companions. "How can I help you my son?"
Players who don't declare actions are assumed to be at the tavern.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by wolfpack »

cringing a the barbarians name and what it entails Eli says

pardon us next time we will be sure to make the table grow feet so it will not be in your way.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#455 Post by Zhym »

Boddin is pleased to be back to civilization—where "civilization" is defined as anywhere that has a functioning beer tap.

He approaches the bar and calls for the bartender's attention. "Sir, I'll have your finest beer that can be bought for, um—hang on one moment, sir, if you please." He checks his pockets and finds that they are still empty. "Please excuse me, sir. I must rejoin my companions and attend to unfinished adventuring business."

He returns to the others. "Begging your pardon gentlemen. If I may be so bold as to say so, I think that now that we are once again within the safe confines of the Keep we should consider dividing treasure. In addition to our monetary gains, we have the six goblin short swords. My suggestion would be that if none of us have any desire to keep these weapons for ourselves, we should make our way to the nearest shop to sell them. I would recommend, if it is not inappropriate for me to do so, that the proceeds from that sale would be added to the money for distribution. Does that seem fair, gentlemen? If so, I would be glad to carry the swords to the shop. You are all, of course, welcome to come with me! I wouldn't want anyone to think I was trying to shortchange the group! That would not be good at all, I say."

Boddin will, with permission of the group, collect the six swords and head to a shop to sell them.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#456 Post by Grognardsw »

wolfpack wrote:cringing a the barbarians name and what it entails Eli says
pardon us next time we will be sure to make the table grow feet so it will not be in your way.
"You make funny at me elf boy!?" growls Ramrod. He looms over Eli menacingly. The barbarian has an odd stench - is that perfume he's wearing? "I pound you!"

The giant reaches down to grab Eli's shirt collar but the elf nimbly moves aside, in the course rising from his seat. There is a sudden tension in the room.

The-Dungeon-Shaker
Tracker
Tracker

#457 Post by The-Dungeon-Shaker »

-Wulfhart Asgeirsson, Keep Tavern-

"Can't handle alcohol, a big man like you?"

Wulfhart stands up, trying to protect the elf, but showing no sign of hostility.

"Time to get some rest, warrior, or you'll regret this day! We mean no trouble, but we won't let you fool with us.""

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#458 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Albertus, Cleric, Keep***

"Well, I am going to wash up and head over to the church. I am sure that those within will love to hear my stories. We will meet again tomorrow...the tavern?"

Albertus, takes off his pack and heads toward to inner Keep. Pulling up his wine skin and drawing a long swallow he mumbles to himself, "I need this now more than ever."

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#459 Post by Zhym »

Seeing the impending brawl and his diminutive size in comparison to the potential brawlers, Boddin takes the swords and heads for the exit. "I'll just be heading out to sell these now..."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#460 Post by wolfpack »

Eli gives awry smile

Why ramrod what a pleasent perfume you are wearing, I once knew a Harlot in greyhawk who wore the same. her services were but a silver piece, what do you charge?

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”