HOUSE RULES: Combat

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

HOUSE RULES: Combat

#1 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Combat

Initiative
• I’m going to run initiative as closely BTB as I can, including using weapon speed factors to break tied initiative between two armed combatants, and for possible spell disruption in melee. (I think the slow-motion pace of PbP gaming can allow us to use these rules without bogging things down terribly, but if we discover otherwise, I’ll have no problem ditching them.)

Critical Hits
• An unmodified roll of 20 signifies a critical hit. In most cases this will mean double damage + save vs. paralysis or be stunned for 1 round.

Fumbles
• An unmodified roll of 1 signifies a fumble, exact effects to be determined by me.

Dual-wielding
• Only available to characters of DEX15 or above
• Total speed factor for both weapons must be <10.
• In cases where weapon speed factor comes into play for dual-wielders, the sum of the two weapons will be used.

Loss and Recovery of HP
• As per DMG, a character reduced to 0 HP is unconscious, losing 1 HP per round thereafter until death occurs at -10 HP.
• Each round from -5 to -9 HP, character must roll for system shock; a failed check means death.
• Any curative spell or healing potion administered to a character in negative HP will restore him or her to a stable 0 HP. Further healing will restore HP into the positive, thus allowing movement, combat, etc., BUT the character will function at 50% STR until he or she is a) restored to full HP; or b) gets 24 hours of uninterrupted rest.
• 8 hours uninterrupted rest = 1 HP of natural healing.
Failure is always an option.

Return to “1E Greyhawk: Strange Days in Ratik”