outside the mill

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: outside the mill

#41 Post by Argennian »

wolfpack wrote:plans? actions?

Do you wan to rest up and try to find temples? go back out to the lonely wood? somewhere else?

keep things secret? inform the military presence?

OOC: based upon what everyone else posted:

1) Go to the Wayfarer's Inn to spend the remainder of the night.
2) Get our party fully healed in the am, if possible.
3) Do not say anything to the military until we've had a chance to speak with Korec and Talon together. Talon could then make the call on that, perhaps?
4) make our plan to move on the temple then, after we've checked in with Minter one more time (unless we have the meeting with Korec and Talon at his place?)

Everyone cool with this?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#42 Post by Alethan »

Yep. Sounds like a plan!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by wolfpack »

I am going to go ahead and move along with that.

The party wearily gets a room at the inn and crawls into their respective cots. You all wake up the next morning stiff from the excertion of battle the night before.

You head downstairs to the smell of cooking bacon. the tavern below has the usual parons, some locals stopping in for breakfast or a morning drink and customers who have awoke and come downstairs.

the local barmaids are tending to patrons and there are several empty tables.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by zebediah »

Sergius gets a table and orders some bread and cheese while he waits for the others.
Wolf, did Serg regain any hp?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by wolfpack »

The friendly bar maid brings a tray of fresh rolls, bread and juice.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by rredmond »

Sorry for my absence, there's a reason why work is a four letter word...

We need to get healed up if we are going to the, [gulp] temples today, Tub says. And we need some portable healing as insurance.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#47 Post by Alethan »

OOC: It's been a while. Where did we get the healing pots from again?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by wolfpack »

Korec sales haling potions, you guys are in the hole 200 gp right now for one. Osric has 3 healing spells available.

The group can decide who needs them most and someone please role them.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#49 Post by Alethan »

wolfpack wrote:Korec sales haling potions, you guys are in the hole 200 gp right now for one. Osric has 3 healing spells available.

The group can decide who needs them most and someone please role them.
Oh, I don't like being in the hole! But I don't think we have enough to pay him off, yet, either. I don't think it's a good idea, though, to "borrow" any more (if he'd even give us that option). Who still need heals? Looks like Syth is down 6, but I don't see that anyone else needs anything. That sound right?

If Solinor isn't here to roll for his CLW spell, then maybe dmw71 should roll, if it's being cast on Sythius.

Then maybe we should try and track down Korec and Talon?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#50 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Who still need heals? Looks like Syth is down 6, but I don't see that anyone else needs anything. That sound right?
I can only speak to Scythius' condition, and he is down six.
Alethan wrote:If Solinor isn't here to roll for his CLW spell, then maybe dmw71 should roll, if it's being cast on Sythius.
If it's all the same, I'd just assume let Solinor actually make the roll (but will do so myself it that is the spell is definitely going to be cast, and the DM approves my making the roll myself). I'm fine to actually hold off on the healing for the time being to save the spells -- 10 hit points is still a good amount.
Alethan wrote:Then maybe we should try and track down Korec and Talon?[/ooc]
Sounds good to me.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by wolfpack »

Dave can go ahead and roll for scy. Solinor is still out with work and i am having issues with the dice roller being blocked.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#52 Post by Alethan »

wolfpack wrote:Dave can go ahead and roll for scy. Solinor is still out with work and i am having issues with the dice roller being blocked.
It appears to be down for everyone, at the moment...

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by wolfpack »

I went ahead and used invisible castle.

Osric heals scy for

1d8=7

he will use another on serg
1d8=4

Everyone gained 1 hp from sleeping through the night as well.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by wolfpack »

The group heads to Talon's office whihc also serves as the local jail.

You enetr to find talon sitting a a desk looking at a map, there are 5 cells in the building and 2 are occupied. One by a drunk snoring loudly, the other by a dirty man with greasey hair that stares at you as you walk in.

Seeing you Talon stands.

You boys come in the back.

he leads the way through a doorway into his private office. there is a small table with a lamp and a cot with footchest in the room.

We managed to go and stop the fire from spreadin padt the creek last night. The orc bodies round the mill were burned, but there are some questions as to what happened.

I used the fact that there was a gnoll present to plant the idea that a group of gnolls and orcs must have broke into a fight and started the fire.

Cilian your father is coming into town today to meet with me about his property being burned and he is none to happy.

have you lerned anything new?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Argennian »

Viktor looks over at Cil with an apologetic look before turning back to address Talon. "I don't be blaming Cil's pop for being mad in that, he gots a right to be! But then these are crazy times, with all this damned Death Monger business, sheriff! But then you know already know all that. Guessing we'll be lucky if we all don't burn before this deviltry be over..."

The young brigand shrugs. "Only thing we know is as much as we really did before mostly," he begins explaining, going over everything that Minter explained and many times looking over for Cil's nodding approval to be sure he leaves nothing out.

"So what's your say in all this, Sheriff? How do you and Korec feel about us going to make a reconnoiter on one these temples? We know it's gonna be dangerous but we can't just be sitting around here doing nothing! We got the amulet and Cil knows what to do. Minter needs more time to research n' study on it, regards to anything more. Bottom line, we're already involved in this shite here and now! We be willing ta do what needs being done to help you, our families and Rashtan, as we can..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by rredmond »

Maybe with a little more healing or protection, Tub adds hopefully.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by wolfpack »

Talon sits thoughtfully for a minute.

I can handle mister West. regardless of his money and influence I am still the law around here, at leats for now.

I did not want to see you boys drug into all this, but a this point I don't know what else to do. there are few people I trust to keep this secret and those that i do would be missed or could not do it on their own.

If you wish to find one of these shrines then I cna at least supply you with sword, bow, arrows, shield, or studded leather form the town armory if any of you need it. I will also have to officialy deputize all of you in order to assign you equipment.

If you are going I suggest you leave before the Sentinels arrive. they have ..... a way.... of knowing things you do not want them to know....

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#58 Post by dmw71 »

wolfpack wrote:If you wish to find one of these shrines then I cna at least supply you with sword, bow, arrows, shield, or studded leather form the town armory if any of you need it. I will also have to officialy deputize all of you in order to assign you equipment.
Scythius, who's proficient with the sword and bow, but previously unable to afford either, perks up at this mention. "I'm in," he says quietly, while also taking note of his worn and torn suit of leather armor.

He looks to his companions for their thoughts, but is prepared to move - quickly.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by Alethan »

Cillian kind of shrugs at the suggestion of borrowing equipment, since he isn't proficient in any of it.

"What about a lantern and a few flasks of oil?" he asks.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by zebediah »

It seems we have very few options... It's up to us so let's move on and try to find the nearest shrine. Actually, we have taken on more than I would have guessed we would be capable of. And we're still breathing. Perhaps we have a chance...

Return to “Aroth”