Action Thread 9

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 9

#161 Post by max_vale »

Ogre moves to the nearest moving weasel; slowed or not; and hacks away with his longsword....

Attack roll +4 for STR, +1 Longsword and Specialization: [1d20+4] = 16+4 = 20

Now THAT'S more like it! :)

Damage roll +6 for STR, +1 Longsword and Specialization: [1d8+6] = 6+6 = 12

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:33 a
Round 2
The Slave Pits

Freda searches for arrows and waits for the punctured weasel to die so that she can get that one back.

Blodgett attempts to hit again but cannot follow up his previous success. Even though their opponent is slowed, Eljayess also has some difficulty and cannot hit him!

Phanstern on the other hand is able to kill another unconscious weasel.

Stepping over dead weasels Elwita moves to the accountant and swipes with her hammer striking him solidly!

Ogre sprints around the melee to get to the last, slowed, weasel, slashing it well with his sword. He gashes it deeply, making it take a step side ways and loosing the arrow from it's hide. But it still, slowly, moves forward to attack the Halfling, missing horribly.

The accountant on the other hand does a strange thing, he vanishes. There doesn’t seem to be a trace of him anywhere.

The orcs are still napping on the platform, the weasels are all dead except for the slowed one, who continues to attack, and the accountant has disappeared.

Updated battle map.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (125.29 KiB) Viewed 854 times
[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Lul, Eljayess, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno 13 slaves…….
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (122 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Slow 6 minutes
Sleep 18 minutes
Colour Spray 2 minutes

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#163 Post by Alethan »

If Freda is still where the "Fr" is on the map, then she immediately draws her sword and swings at the ladder that goes up to the hole. If she hits nothing, then she will move to stand in front of the ladder, in case the accountant is trying to escape.

"Move before the other stairs, make sure he can't warn anyone!" she hisses.

To Hit, Melee (THAC017) [1d20] = 20
(whoah... just what I needed, if that accountant is anywhere near the ladder!)
Damage, Long Sword (S/M) [1d8] = 6
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#164 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett will swing at the one weasel that is closest to him:
To hit: [1d20] = 1, damage short sword: [1d6] = 6 (medium opponent)
Aghhhh!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#165 Post by saalaria »

Dredd casts ESP and attempts to locate the accountant, to see if he can ascertain where he is headed.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by tkrexx »

Hearing what has happened, Phanstern looks to the bridge spanning the river of goo, seeing Kayen is closest. Kayen, be ready! He may be heading your way! The Illusionist will move to the next zapped weasel and make a slit.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by max_vale »

Ogre continues to hack away at the still moving weasel; determined to end the threat of the furry fiend!

(2 attacks this round due to 3/2 melee attack rate) 1st attack: [1d20+4] = 20+4 = 24

YES!!!!

Damage 1d8+6: [1d8+6] = 4+6 = 10

2nd attack: [1d20+4] = 18+4 = 22

Damage 1d8+6: [1d8+6] = 7+6 = 13

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by tkrexx »

I smell dead weasel.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:34 a
Round 3
The Slave Pits

The party hears arcane words being spoken by Dredd from on top of the ladder. PM sent.

Freda draws her sword and hustles to the ladder swinging at air.

Blodgett also swings at air, though he was aiming for the weasel in front of him. But Ogre steps in with his mighty thews and hews the weasel to bits.

Phanstern nods approvingly and calls a warning to Kayen who was moving to kill two more orcs. Meanwhile Eljay expresses his frustration!

Actions?

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long bow (long sword), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Lul, Eljayess, Kayen, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Delgath, Phanstern, Arno 13 slaves…….
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (122 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-0/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-2/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

Slow 5 minutes
Sleep 17 minutes
Colour Spray 1 minutes

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#171 Post by saalaria »

"Quick he's headed for the stairs not the ladder over here. He's slow so you should get him! May be one of you stay in front of the ladder to block him if he about turns."
Dredd maintains the link has long as possible to try to detect any changes of direction.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#172 Post by Alethan »

Freda quickly dashes to the stairs, sword thrust out in front of her...

Once she reaches the stairs, she'll swing at the space where the bottom section of stairs are.

To Hit, Melee (THAC017) [1d20] = 8

Dang it... wasted that nat 20 last round... :(
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#173 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern will continue dealing death to furry foes. If all the weasels are dead, he will move up the food chain to Orcs.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#174 Post by Nuke66 »

"Where in the nine hells did he go? I kick myself in the ass, shoulda cast at him." Eljay stops and looks around, turning slowly in a circle, visually checking 360 degrees.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by max_vale »

Ogre will lumber into a run; parallel to Freda and will also swing his sword out as he gets close to the steps; hoping to chop down the Invisible foe....

Attack +4 due to STR, Specialization and Magic Longsword: [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15

If that hits: Damage roll +6 due to STR, Specialization and Magic Longsword: [1d8+6] = 2+6 = 8

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#176 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett will move to a sleeping orc and slit his throat Filthy orcses! (unless they're all dead, already. I can't remember). If all orcs are already dead, Blodgett will instead hold his position, but turn and face the stairs, hoping to get an idea of the positions of the invisible accountant.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#177 Post by saalaria »

"all get him! His thoughts betray him - he is the top man, the head of the snake. We must not let him escape!" Dredd tries to galvanise the whole company to action.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern's concern grows at the news that the top dog is escaping, likely to garner support from the "High Priestess" and possibly others, yet his mission stands: To slay more unconsious bad guys.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#179 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay looks for any other avenues for escape and moves to block any attempt by their mysterious foe.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 11:35 a
Round 4
The Slave Pits

Dredd can no longer hear the thoughts of the slaver.

Freda and Ogre move to the stairs, but appear to attack nothing but air as their swords slash around.

Eljay sees nothing in her scan. Other than the stairs or the ladder there doesn't look like any other avenues of escape.

Blodget and Phanstern finish off what's left of the orcs and the weasels.

Actions?

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25

Slow 4 minutes
Sleep 16 minutes
Colour Spray is ended

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”