First Expedition to the Barrowmaze

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: First Expedition to the Barrowmaze

#121 Post by Rukellian »

OOC: I'm fine with the set up, but I think Lorde will want his faithful companion Rusky by his side (the dog). Oh and thanks for throwing it out there NPC Randy!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#122 Post by NPC_Randy »

Rukellian wrote:OOC: I'm fine with the set up, but I think Lorde will want his faithful companion Rusky by his side (the dog). Oh and thanks for throwing it out there NPC Randy!
Updated to include Rusky...

OOC: I'm just going to throw this out there and see what everyone thinks.

Proposed marching order (numbers are PCs, letters are their hirelings)
1. Gorek - Dwarf
2. Zilnias - Elf
3. Lorde - Human Thief
a. Rusky - Dog
4. Behrun - Halfling
5. Agathon - Human Magic-User
a. Hurtag - torch bearer
6. Luna - Human Cleric
7. Rukellian - Human Cleric
a. Hemna - torch bearer
b. Bardoon - 1st lvl fighter

If I missed anyone's hirelings, please let me know.

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#123 Post by SocraticLawyer »

OOC Looks good to me!
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#124 Post by jdluna »

Fine by me

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by Rukellian »

OOC: Rukellian is ready when everyone else is, he still has a 2x CLW spells and a hold person spell on standby
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#126 Post by Distorted Humor »

You head down the staircases, and come to the door, you see a lever next to the door, with a decoration of a crowned skeleton dancing over a grave.

One of the hirelings goes "Nice artwork in these places. makes me think of home." When everyone looks at him he says "What...my dad was a gravedigger"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by Rukellian »

Rukellian continues to wear a smile on his face, looking at the colorful depictions of dancing skeletons. Though he appears appears focused on keeping watch of the back of the group, his mind is floating elsewhere as he hums a cheery tune to himself...

"Hot Cross Buns,
Hot Cross Buns,
one ha' copper,
two ha' copper,
Hot Cross Buns.

If you have no daughters,
give them to your sons,
one ha' copper,
two ha' copper,
Hot Cross Buns."

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#128 Post by NPC_Randy »

"We best be very cautious in here. These are the type of places that are wrought with traps." Gorek examines the area for any indications of danger.

ST4TICStriker
Strider
Strider

#129 Post by ST4TICStriker »

"Well, well, this looks like it could be intresting..." Lorde reaches out to pull the leaver but stops himself before he touchs it.
Instead the noble-men will inspect the door before attempting to listen for any sound on the other side.

"There seems to be alot of gravediggers around this place...Can't imagine why"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#130 Post by Distorted Humor »

You do not hear any noises.

There is no sign of traps.

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#131 Post by NPC_Randy »

"Well...If anything happens, Moradin will be waiting for me in the after-life."

Gorek pulls the lever.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Rukellian »

"....goat's milk would be a healthier alternative to the yeast mixture he had in mind, but the amount of salt...", "...maybe if the paste had enough wildberries in it, the tartness could offset the amount of sugar used... no, maybe it was cranberries?" To those near him, Rukellian is found muttering some baking techniques and recipes to himself. To the untrained ear, his statements could come off as nonsense gibberish, but at least he seems to be in better spirits then a litttle while ago! Though a little worried, Hemna cannot help but smile at his silliness.

GronkTheBold
Scout
Scout

#133 Post by GronkTheBold »

"You got any charms or sorcery ready, warlock? I can't help but feel that as soon as he pulls that lever we're gonna have a pretty bad day." Behrun asks Agathon, grinning grimly and performing the menial task (for him, at least) of readying his bow and arrow for any upcoming conflicts.
That low level hireling who carries the ten foot poles...

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#134 Post by SocraticLawyer »

GronkTheBold wrote:"You got any charms or sorcery ready, warlock? I can't help but feel that as soon as he pulls that lever we're gonna have a pretty bad day." Behrun asks Agathon, grinning grimly and performing the menial task (for him, at least) of readying his bow and arrow for any upcoming conflicts.
I'm afraid not, says Agathon. I expended my magical energies in our tussle with the frogs. Until I have a chance to rest and review my spellbook again, I will have no more magic. Agathon pauses for a second. But I have a sling, a pouch full of stones, and several flasks of oil. Most enemies bleed, and those that don't will burn, he says with a weak smile.

Agathon gets his sling ready, and instructs Hurtag to be ready for anything.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#135 Post by jdluna »

Luna touches Gorek on the shoulder and prays for his protection. ( Cast Protection from Evil) He then retreats to his rank and readies his weapon.

GronkTheBold
Scout
Scout

#136 Post by GronkTheBold »

SocraticLawyer wrote:
GronkTheBold wrote:"You got any charms or sorcery ready, warlock? I can't help but feel that as soon as he pulls that lever we're gonna have a pretty bad day." Behrun asks Agathon, grinning grimly and performing the menial task (for him, at least) of readying his bow and arrow for any upcoming conflicts.
I'm afraid not, says Agathon. I expended my magical energies in our tussle with the frogs. Until I have a chance to rest and review my spellbook again, I will have no more magic. Agathon pauses for a second. But I have a sling, a pouch full of stones, and several flasks of oil. Most enemies bleed, and those that don't will burn, he says with a weak smile.

Agathon gets his sling ready, and instructs Hurtag to be ready for anything.
"Yeah, sometimes a bit of fire can do wonders on a beast whether to kill or simply scare them off." Behrun nods in agreement with Agathon as he still waits.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#137 Post by Distorted Humor »

The door opens, and you find yourself in a hall.

(DM aside, welcome to the Barrowmaze)

You see a 30x10 (30 feet north south, 10 foot wide, the party is facing north) hallway, with a archway on the western side in the middle of the hallway. you see that your door that you opened is a secret door. there is a pile of rubble on the northern end of the hallway.

(If you map it, i will correct any mistakes from my description.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Rukellian »

Here is a base skeletal version of the map. I will update it with textures and other details when revealed.
official barrowmaze start.jpg
official barrowmaze start.jpg (284.21 KiB) Viewed 784 times

GronkTheBold
Scout
Scout

#139 Post by GronkTheBold »

Behrun calls out to the trio in the front: "Watch yourselves, we've seen what this mounds can offer already so we best be wary!" After this, he will move with the back of the group with his bow readied.

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#140 Post by NPC_Randy »

Gorek will search through the pile of rubble, carefully watching for anything unexpected as he crosses in front of the archway.

OOC: Is it apparent where the pile of rubble came from (e.g. a damaged wall or ceiling)?

Return to “Adventures in the Barrowmaze”