OOC: For Chit chat

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

OOC: For Chit chat

#1 Post by Distorted Humor »

As a note, will be using the unseed servant dice roller, the campaign number is 117

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC: For Chit chat

#2 Post by Rukellian »

I must say, I am totally psyched for this! I cannot wait to play out my new character.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by NPC_Randy »

Full disclosure: This is my first time playing LL, but I started playing D&D in the early 80s with Moldvay/Cook B/X, so I should be good to go. The other thing (which is obvious by my post count) I'm new here on this site, so I might have some questions on occasion about how the logistics work (such as how to create the interactive PC sheet in a post).

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

the interactive pc sheet came from the Unseen Servant Dice Roller Account I have. You can find a link to the site in the upper right corner of your screen while on the forums. A lot of DMs use if for their campaigns. Alethan has some links under the player tips section of the forum, helping explain useing the whole dice roller system.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=473
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#5 Post by NPC_Randy »

Thanks!

ApathyJesus
Squire
Squire

#6 Post by ApathyJesus »

I haven't played LL either. I'm mainly a second edition AD&D guy, and I'm totally excited for this, having never found anyone that wanted to play oldschool 'races as classes' D&D. Should be a blast!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Distorted Humor »

As a note, I am moving from a Hotel to a Apartment tonight, so I will look up answers and such on the Morrow :)

Friday my internet should be good to go. Thusday I will be able to check at lunch.

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#8 Post by NPC_Randy »

Distorted Humor wrote:As a note, I am moving from a Hotel to a Apartment tonight, so I will look up answers and such on the Morrow :)

Friday my internet should be good to go. Thusday I will be able to check at lunch.
Good luck with the move. Hope all goes well with the new job and the new apartment.

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#9 Post by jdluna »

Distorted Humor wrote:As a note, I am moving from a Hotel to a Apartment tonight, so I will look up answers and such on the Morrow :)

I just did the same thing. I lived out of a hotel for a month until I found an apartment. I travel back to my house on the weekends.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rukellian »

While everyone is still rolling their characters and waiting for some responses from the DM, I thought it would be good to designate a Labyrinth Mapper. Does anyone have an experience with mapping out dungeons on the go, or does anyone want to volunteer? If no one seems to be particularly interested in the role, I would be willing to give it a go. I have a basic paint program that might be enough for the job. And if quality is an issue, I can always hop on my laptop and mess around with cs3 Illustrator for a cleaner product.

With that said.... any veteran mappers out there? (I'm going to assume that if no one gives a straight answer, that I will be doing it)

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#11 Post by NPC_Randy »

I second the motion to make Rukellian the official mapper.

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Motion carries! :D
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

ApathyJesus
Squire
Squire

#13 Post by ApathyJesus »

That sound as like an excellent idea. Thanks for volunteering, Rukellian!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rukellian »

Alrighty then, if the DM approves, then it will be majority vote. I will set up a base grid layout in preparation. But know this; if my character meets an untimely end during the campaign, heaven forbid that should happen... and he's mapkeeper, guess what, someone is going to have to pick up his map(s) and keep it going.

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#15 Post by NPC_Randy »

We don't need no stinkin' map.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rukellian »

.... its saturday, and no response from the DM yet. Boy am I getting antsy here :P I hope his computer did not explode or something... :shock:

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#17 Post by NPC_Randy »

Rukellian wrote:.... its saturday, and no response from the DM yet. Boy am I getting antsy here :P I hope his computer did not explode or something... :shock:
Well, he's probably wrapping up the lose ends from his move. Of course there's always the possibility that whatever means he was planning on using for internet access (cable modem, DSL, or my personal favorite: using the neighbor's wireless) fell through and he's sitting on the floor of his empty apartment starring at the four walls wondering what to do next.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Distorted Humor »

Cox took a bit to get working - to make a long story short, the people in my apartment didn't pay a bill, I sign up for Cox, and everything was connected fine, but it wasn't "Working", turned out the tech people had to turn off the hold and now I have this uber fast internet.

Mapping is fine. Also, if your PC dies, you can always roll up the next one. I will work your new PC easy enough, though I don't want you to abuse it gear wise, spit up the gear among the party and retainers (who love you if you give them free stuff.)

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Distorted Humor »

As a note: one thing that i learned is that town stuff is fun over the table, but is a major drag in play by post, so we will assume that there is a small town that has

A blacksmith - charges normal prices
A general shop, buys spare gear at half price, and charges normal for sales.
A inn where you can buy rooms to rest your head in
a place to buy horses, mules, and the like

So between adventures in the barrowmaze, you do not have to Role play those items, but high value things like gems and the like you might have to role play a bit :)

NPC_Randy
Scout
Scout

#20 Post by NPC_Randy »

I'm having trouble choosing. Which one do you like better?

Option 1

Option 2

Return to “Adventures in the Barrowmaze”