Action Thread 9

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 9

#101 Post by saalaria »

"Does anyone have any sacks to put this in? I can carry much of it if everyone is agreeable?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by tkrexx »

Carry what you can, Big Brother, the Ranger way. Don't allow it to slow you, we may need you to pummel something again! Son of Thunder grins as he pokes fun at the vast Warrior.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by Alethan »

Following the lead of a few others, Ilhalevar grabs 25 gold coins from out of the coffer and stows them away in her pack. Worse comes to worse, she'll get something out of this!

She also picks up the blue potion (assuming it is a healing potion) and says, "Let's get moving. We'll come back for this later." If Al'Zur wants to fuss with the fungal rope thing for a bit, she hands it over to him; otherwise, she'll carry it and try to figure out what it might be used for...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 6:40 a

As the ranger lights another torch, the druidess checks out the darts.
Ilhalevar and Al’Zur can’t make this ropey object thingie out, other than Al’s thought that it reminds him of a staff. Al, Illhalevar and the Ranger then both grab 25 pieces of gold each and put them in their pouches before heading back out with the party. Illhalevar holds on to the ropey object.

As they head out of the chamber and before they can even decide which way they want to go, several things happen all at once.

Varkos cries out in pain and Illhalevar and Al’Zur cry out in surprise.
The ropey thing springs to rigidness in Illhalevar’s hands and thwacks Varkos on the back (no damage). It knocks the quarterstaff out of Ill’s hands, causing Al to have to move to avoid it. Now it looks (really) like that quarterstaff. Just as rigid, just as ready for battle in Illhalevar's hands.

Seconds later, three of the scarecrows walk up to the mincer and obviously see the party.

The ranger and druidess can throw spears if they like, as they are at hand. Everyone else will need to close for combat. Varkos and Son of Thunder will attack at the beginning and end of the round, everyone else acts on the initiative roll.
Someone please roll initiative and everyone declare actions and make their corresponding rolls.

HPs: Varkos - 14/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 17/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 3/6
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): Odo; Zafalia; Rake; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 49 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 60 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 60 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-2/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#105 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar's eyes go wide as the rope-like object knocks Varkos in the back and narrowly misses Al'Zur.

"Sorry, Varkos!" she whispers, not sure what else to say, as she looks down at her staff on the ground. "By the gods..." is all she can muster, before the three scarecrows step into view.

Her eyes glance over at the scarecrows and then down at the now-staff in her hands. She thrusts it out, pointing it at them, and says, "Stop!"

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#106 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo goes to go into the shadow and sneak for a backstab.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia makes ready to throw her spear at the sight of the three scarecrows but halts when Ilhalevar says stop.

If the scarecrows heed her companion's command, she'll stay her ranged attack. If they look like they're going to attack Ilhalevar or the party, she'll throw her spear at one. If she waits and then does not have time to make a ranged attack, she'll move into melee!

OOC: so basically, Zaf is holding her action! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by saalaria »

saalaria wrote:"Does anyone have any sacks to put this in? I can carry much of it if everyone is agreeable?
Just to go back a bit does no one have any sacks?...I don't believe it - thieves?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Argennian »

saalaria wrote:
saalaria wrote:"Does anyone have any sacks to put this in? I can carry much of it if everyone is agreeable?
Just to go back a bit does no one have any sacks?...I don't believe it - thieves?
OOC: Sorry I missed that, Sam. Zafalia has an extra small sack that she'd happily loan to brave Varkos! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#110 Post by Alethan »

saalaria wrote:
As far as I could tell, nobody else had any sacks. Sorry.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#111 Post by saalaria »

Thanks Arg...do you know the capacity of it?

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#112 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake gets his weapon out and stands ready to deliver to any enemy that approaches.

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 16, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 6, damage (L): [1d12] = 3

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger mutters some curse about scarecrows and brings his hand ax to bear.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Argennian »

saalaria wrote:Thanks Arg...do you know the capacity of it?

OOC: absolutely! :)
OSRIC,pg118 wrote:Naturally, characters must have a container if they wish to carry
liquids, large numbers of coins, etc. Capacities of sample containers
are as follows:

Container......................Capacity
Small Pouch or Purse......1/4 cu. ft. or 2.5 lbs
Large Pouch............... 1/2 cu. ft. or 5 lbs
Small Sack................. 1 cu. ft. or 10 lbs
Backpack................... 3 cu. ft. or 30 lbs
Large Sack................. 4 cu. ft. or 40 lbs
Waterskin.................. 3 pints

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#115 Post by Distorted Humor »

Alethan wrote:
saalaria wrote:
As far as I could tell, nobody else had any sacks. Sorry.
odo drops some sacks for someone to fill, he brought a few.... smart thief and all

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#116 Post by saalaria »

Varkos fills as many sacks as possible/there are and takes what he can carry.

How do you work encumbrance Ron? Or how much can Varkos take without being too badly affected?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by rredmond »

Day 2 – 6:41 a

Actually Sam, Varkos' strength helps an awful lot here. He can carry a good sackful without slowing down the party. He'll be tied with some of the slowest of the group. OSRIC says 10 coins = 1 pound, which seems a lot to me, but we'll go with that. You let me know how much you want to take and add to your encumbrance. The slowest folks in the party are moving at 60'.

The group is unsurprised by the three scarecrows, but stay their missile attacks as Illhalevar commands "Stop!"
Odo presses up against the shadowed walls of the passage. The scarecrows don't seem to alter their attack in any response to the command and move toward the party aggressively. But as she thrusts it forward, Illhalevar feels that the fungus staff is light in her hands and as comfortable as any quarterstaff she's ever weilded!

The scarecrows close into melee.

I'll allow Zafalia to throw her spear as she was ready, but that will be the end of her round. She may want to hold onto it though, as the party gets first attacks in round one. Varkos can roll two attacks (one will be at the end of round 1) if using his Long Sword, but if SoT is using his axe (not his specialized spear) then he'll only get one attack this round. Wulfgard still has his lamp going, and Zafalia and SoT both have torches going. To be effective with their shields, you are all going to have to do something with those torches. If you want to hang onto them we'll just say that your shield isn't an effective bonus to AC.
Everyone please declare actions and make the corresponding rolls for those actions!

HPs: Varkos - 14/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 17/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 3/6
WIH: Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): Odo; Zafalia; Rake; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 48 minutes OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 59 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 58 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-2/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#118 Post by Alethan »

"Damn," the elven mage mutters as the scarecrows progress, "really thought that was going to do something..."

She waits for the fighters to engage with the stickmen before attempting to swing at the back of one of them (bonus for rear attack?) with her new... fungal staff?

Melee Attack, Quarterstaff [1d20] = 13 (unmodified score hits AC7)
Damage, Quarterstaff [1d6] = 2

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by tkrexx »

With a whoop Son of Thunder descends on the walking haybales.

To hit: [1d20-1] = 19-1 = 18, damage with hand axe, non-proficient: [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

I'll take that!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Argennian »

Seeing that the plant-scarecrow constructs do not abide her elven companion's order to stop where the stand, Zafalia shuffles to the left to get out of the way of any potential missile fire or martial advance from behind her and softly drops her torch on the passge floor by the wall.

She holds her ground and when the distance is closed, she jabs out at the nearest one, hoping to impale it upon her fairly-trusty spear!

To Hit: Spear [1d20] = 3 (miss), Damage: vs sm/med sized creatures [1d6] = 1

OOC: or not! :|

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”