IC I

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: IC I

#361 Post by NJWilliam »

Tychon the Blue, Mage

Tychon summons his familiar to him, and pensively places his hand over the cat's forehead and eyes. After a moment there is a small dull flash of blue light from Tychon's palm, and his forehead and the cat's briefly takes on a shade of blue that fades quickly. Tychon gestures ahead, and the cat leaps off, running.
ooc: Tychon expends a first level spell slot to have a telepathic link with his familiar today, and sends the familiar scouting ahead, and if possible, from above.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#362 Post by Rodriguez »

Styr the Axe Murderer
A sweating Styr, some cloth wrapped around his head to protect it from the merciless sun, looks down on Babu as he regains his consciousness. Offering a hand he asks "So? What did your spirits say?".

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by drpete »

Babu the Monkey

Babu comes awake slowly, and shares the information from his consultation with the spirits with the group. "We may be too late, or on the wrong track. Una, at least, is not at the beach house. It should be relatively safe for us to go there, as there are no supernatural threats which operate during the day there, but I don't know where the vampires are, add they are not at the beach house or in the city."

"I suggest taking the beach house regardless. There may be a clue there add to their next move."
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#364 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha the Wanderer

Pesha shoulders his pack and falls in step with his companions. With the cowl of his hood drawn up, he is constantly looking over his shoulder and in the sky.

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#365 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, shaman

"Yes. Let us still find this house. Spite them at the least, on our way out."

Settling herself onto the wagon's front, the shaman drapes her spare garment over and around herself like a cloak. She hangs it over the masses of her hair to act as baffle to the sun, keep the direct heat off, and leave enough open room for a stray breeze from the coast. Kūndala nets safely in the cargo depths, next to Kaa's pack; her shield and spear sit within army's reach, however.
Kaa, who devours (5th level shaman, ACKS)

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by thirdkingdom »

It takes about eight hours of travel, but eventually the companions crest a small rise in the path and see before them a house that looks identical to the one in the painting. On the way they passed a small village or thorp every two or three miles, with sprawling, decadent houses strung between. The road follows the seacliff, which varies in height from a score of feet to nearly one hundred. The villages are small, and seem to subsist on meeting the needs of the wealthy landowners and fishing; peering over the cliffs one sees a narrow strand of beach with a half dozen boats pulled up out of the waves, and rickety wooden stairs leading down.

The house in question sits alone on the edge of the land, half an hour from the nearest village; no house is visible farther down the road. From where the adventurers stand, perhaps a quarter mile away, they see a largish house with a detached shed -- most likely a stable of sorts -- no activity can be seen within, at this distance. However, a four or five figures can be seen outside, walking what appears to be a coordinated patrol route, crossbows over their shoulders. Nobody seems to notice the adventurers yet. There looks to be no way to approach the house -- using normal means, at least -- without being noticed.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#367 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha the Wanderer

Pesha stops his small cart and asks his companions, "We are surely seen. Do you think word or our intended capture has reached them?" He then looks over the property from the vantage of his cart, attempting to identify a means to sneak about the guards.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#368 Post by Rodriguez »

Styr the Axe Murderer

Styr shakes his head, "Probably just the usuall guard for the mansion, guess we have to expect 5 to 10 more inside. No idea how we can get close in bright sunlight... Maybe from the water?" he says. After thinking for a while Styr turns around and asks the spell slingers of the group: "You probably cant make the weather more foggy, right?"

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#369 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, shaman

"Getting close in sunlight is borrowing trouble. Babu and I can get in, Pesha can probably make it. But is it worth it?"

Kaa steers the wagon back down the road the way she came, looking for a bend or crest to keep them out of sight of the manor. "I am pissed we were exiled on threat of 'treason', but I'm not going to throw my life away because stupid people believe stupid things," she sneers "and we have time. It's probably best to attack at night, if we are prepared. Their guard will be lowest when they feel most confident. Who knows? Perhaps the spirits will reward foolish bravado, and Styr ends up vaulting the manor walls with a pole and skewers the yaksha through the heart!" The shaman laughs.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#370 Post by NJWilliam »

Tychon the Blue, Mage

Tychon mumbles, mostly to himself, "fly or fireball, fly or fireball?"
He then directs his familiar to try to safely get closer and gather more intelligence, and looks at the sun and horizon to estimate how long until sunset.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#371 Post by Rodriguez »

Styr the Axe Murderer

Styr displays a little grin and says "Vaulting over the walls is not quite my speciality I fear... I think that its certainly easier to get in unnoticed at night but the time where their guard is lowest would be now, in bright sunlight. Who in their right mind would expect an attack in the afternoon when the surrounding area can be observed so easily?"

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#372 Post by sulldawga »

Harald

"I think we should approach the patrol openly and explain to them that they guard the lair of the Night Stalker. It's up to them to decide if they want to be a party to murder or stand aside for justice. The question will be out of our hands, and we will react to their choice appropriately."

Hrafn
Guide
Guide

#373 Post by Hrafn »

Kaa, shaman

"Oh, I'm not worried about the guards, Styr." Kaa says, looking over the rise at the troop, obviously worried about the guards. "I'm worried about our deathless mark. It's a bold plan, and I like it, but it doesn't account for the mesmeric powers of such a creature. Every man down there could be rightfully convinced he's, I don't know, protecting a room full of his pregnant wife and fevered mother, and expecting assassins. If we do send someone, Harald should keep his men in reserve I'm case we need a rescue."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by sulldawga »

Harald

"Do any of you have the means of dispelling such a mystical charm?"

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Dispel a Charm

#375 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha the Wanderer

Pesha spits on the ground and shakes his head to Harald's inquiry, "Not without salt and olive oil, friend".

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#376 Post by NJWilliam »

Tychon the Blue, Mage

Tychon also shakes his head, "No, nothing to dispel that. I could cast an enchantment to detect evil, but if they are hypnotized to be under the thrall of one of those creatures, I don't think that would be of much use.

"I agree with approaching them to speak, and then dealing with however they react."
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#377 Post by Rodriguez »

Styr the Axe Murderer

Styr shrugs, "Fanatic or not, they all bleed the same...". He ponders a bit about the idea of talking the way in while scanning the seaside.
How is the villa connected to the sea? Is there a way down? Is the stable near the sea?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by thirdkingdom »

Rodriguez wrote:Styr the Axe Murderer

Styr shrugs, "Fanatic or not, they all bleed the same...". He ponders a bit about the idea of talking the way in while scanning the seaside.
How is the villa connected to the sea? Is there a way down? Is the stable near the sea?
You cannot tell from where you are. It is likely possible to do so, whether or not there is a staircase. The stable and the house both are perhaps 50 yards from the cliff. If one were to descend the cliff farther away, out od sight of the guards, it might be possible to ascend the cliff using the barn for cover. Then again, it may be that there are guards stationed in or behind the barn.

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

To Discuss Talking

#379 Post by Fearghus »

Pesha the Wanderer

"Speaking with them is better than waiting here. Let us have words and see what Fate decides", Pesha motions towards the home, allowing someone else to take the lead.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by sulldawga »

Harald

"Follow me but wait for the signal before charging in. If it's a fight, I want the Hawkeyes to soften 'em up a bit first."

Harald will lead the party to parlay distance with the patrol. He will explain to Sylmarchael that as soon as he draws his sword, she should give the order to fire upon the patrol. Then, he will charge and the Hawkeyes should engage targets of opportunity. Their focus should be on making sure no one gets away. Regular bolts only, no blessed or fire-bolts.

Once they are close enough to parlay, Harald will say, "Ho, the patrol. What business have you here?"

Return to “[ACKS Hexcrawl] Strangers in a Strange Land”