Action Thread 17

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 17

#121 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:(Note: Greg, I'm still at work and cannot get access to my pdf, but this should be listed either under the fighter class section or in the combat section. I'll edit my post here with that rule when get home tonight!)[/ooc]
Got it. Thanks, Mitch. Page 13 of the hard back OSRIC. It seems to only apply to pure fighters, not paladins or rangers.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by rredmond »

Till can hit from the east side and Bruard and Van from the west. There's plenty of room.
Y'all may beat these rats yet.
Funny I think what made me think of Blood of Heroes too is there's a great quote in there (and I'll make it PGish rated) when they are taking too long to win a match. During the break after the first 100 stones Rutger yells at his crew:
"This is stupid! We should be ****ing and drinking by now!"
:lol:
Such a good movie.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#123 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard takes a thwack at the nearest rat:
Mace to-hit [1d20] = 15 damage (sm/m) [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Argennian »

Seeing that the giant rats are not fooled by his splashing around at the drop off, and also that Van and Bruard are removing their armor to jump in the water to Jeloon's rescue, Yosef stands up, sheaths his sword, and gets the rope out of his pack. He quickly fashions a slipknot and prepares to be ready to pull someone up and out of the water if needed. "I'll toss the rope in if someone gets hurt bad and cannot swim or needs to be pulled out!"

rredmond wrote:Till can hit from the east side and Bruard and Van from the west. There's plenty of room.
Y'all may beat these rats yet. ...
OOC: I'm assuming that Till, Bruard and Van are now able to make attacks because they are jumping in the water as well? Has the melee drifted closer to Till's side?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#125 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, as far as I understand, Till is not jumping into the water; he is able to stab/jab at the submerged rats from his position on the other side.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:Yeah, as far as I understand, Till is not jumping into the water; he is able to stab/jab at the submerged rats from his position on the other side.
Ah no, my bad for poor explaination, and I'll try to mock up some sort of map. Jeloon is closer to the entrance end of things, so further from Till. The rats are under water that is 6 feet deep. Those who want to attack will have to jump in. Till just won't have to remove armor.
I know it isn't easy to visualize, I'll try to put up a diagram with my pitiful skills...
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#127 Post by Alethan »

Oh. Sorry, I guess I misunderstood...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by rredmond »

Okay, here's my (ugly) visual aid. Please ask me questions about it.

The tough part about everything is that the rats are under the water... at least for a bit longer. So it's not that they are only 7 or 10 feet away from you, but down as well. This may spur you guys to out think this piece, but I'm not sure how you can attack from the shore.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (18.42 KiB) Viewed 1432 times

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#129 Post by ToniXX »

rredmond wrote:Okay, here's my (ugly) visual aid. Please ask me questions about it.

The tough part about everything is that the rats are under the water... at least for a bit longer. So it's not that they are only 7 or 10 feet away from you, but down as well. This may spur you guys to out think this piece, but I'm not sure how you can attack from the shore.
Ron, I was under the impression that Bruard was in the water too now, about half way from the shore to Jeloon.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#130 Post by Alethan »

So, then I guess Till jumps into the water to attack the rats.

I assume my attack rolls for this round (made on July 23rd...) still hold?

viewtopic.php?p=50171#p50171

Apply whatever penalties are applicable, of course.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:Ron, I was under the impression that Bruard was in the water too now, about half way from the shore to Jeloon.
Yes (so is Van), and
Alethan wrote:I assume my attack rolls for this round (made on July 23rd...) still hold?
Yes. :)

I'll try and update in the morning!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 11:13 a
Round 2

As her companions enter the water, adding more splash, Jeloon continues to attack, and feels as if she killed yet another rat. The water roiling all around her shows that there are yet more!

Till meanwhile splashes in with dual blades flashing and definitely finds two different rats with them, both times he needed to pull his blades out of dead weight!

Bruard, newly de-armored, also jumps in with his mace , which is much more difficult to ‘slice’ through the water, but yet manages to crack the head of a giant rat!

Van curses as he jumps in the water, spear point down, though this time he doesn’t seem able to find a target. Even so, the water of the pool seems calmer. And while bracing for attack, Till feels the rats swim past him and jump to the eastern bank with ease. There are four of them, they look smaller and more ragged than most giant rats, but they are definitely intent in fleeing.

The four rats are heading out of the passage, and there seem to be no enemies in the bloody water any longer.

Everybody is wet but Yosef :) .

HPs: Jeloon - 05/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-3/4

Helm used 1x today.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#133 Post by Alethan »

Till immediately climbs out of the eastern side. He quickly moves over to the side of the entrance and uses it as cover while he peers around the corner (very low to the ground) to watch the rats retreat.

"Bruard," he hisses, once the others have stopped moving and are quiet,"Jeloon is going to need some healing; I think not all of the blood in the water belongs to the rats. Everyone grab your armour and cross over. Jeloon or Yousef first; if they return, we can hold them off while the others cross."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#134 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:"Bruard," he hisses, once the others have stopped moving and are quiet,"Jeloon is going to need some healing; I think not all of the blood in the water belongs to the rats. Everyone grab your armour and cross over. Jeloon or Yousef first; if they return, we can hold them off while the others cross."
Bruard is already swimming back to the western side to grab his gear. He replies to Till Got it. I'll heal him as soon as I'm on the other side. He grabs his armor and swims back out best he can while holding it. If need be he will make multiple trips until all armor and equipment is on the eastern side of the water.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#135 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon, weary and wounded from the damage sustained and the efforts to simply remain afloat, follows Till's voice and begins to slowly make her way to the eastern side, whereupon she collapses. "Cursed rats," she weakly exclaims.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#136 Post by Alethan »

Till slips back and helps pull Jeloon from the water.

"Come on, kid*. Don't collapse on me now. Our friend is just ahead."

He takes a moment to glance down the tunnel to make sure nothing is headed their way.

"Let's wait for Bruard to come over and patch you up, then we'll go have a talk with this so-called king."

*Jeloon is just 15 years old, per her character sheet

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#137 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard, upon returning to the eastern side, examines Jeloon. He's looking for signs of poisoning and general battle damage. Do you feel poisoned at all? Before waiting for an answer, Bruard puts both hands on her wounds, begins to mutter, and his eyes flutter. Till and the others see the magic flowing through the cleric's hands and into Jeloon.

Cure light wounds: [1d8] = 1
effin-A!

He does another:
Cure light wounds: [1d8] = 8
That's more like it

He will then take the salve the they got from the druidess and apply some to Jeloon's wounded areas, just in case.
Finally, he will begin to put his armor back on. Without the help of a squire, it is a little slow going, I'm sure. :)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 11:25 a

Without the hindrance of the rats, the party quickly makes it to the other side without further ado. Till watches the rats move around the corner, and Bruard brings his continual light lantern and healing powers, across the waters. Jeloon looks marginally better after the spells, but after the ointment she looks and feels almost 100%!

The party is able to re-armor and hear or see no further sounds from the exit passageway. It’s dark down there.

The ointment in this jar looks to have about 3 applications left.

HPs: Jeloon - 26/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Bruard) continual light 60' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-3/4

Helm used 1x today.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#139 Post by dmw71 »

ToniXX wrote:Do you feel poisoned at all?
"No," Jeloon grunts before receiving any aid. "Just --" she weakly begins examining her arms, and legs, and the rest of her body. "-- they got me good." she sighs.

Then the healing starts. Slowly at first, but by the time the the ointment is applied, she feels almost good as new. She offers her sincere gratitude to the cleric before diving back into the water to retrieve her armor and other possessions, bringing them back across to the "right" side before suiting up.

"Me ready." she says once fully equipped.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Argennian »

Whilst the others return for their armor and packs, Yosef moves over to the other side. It is awkward going, as he has to hold his breath so he doesn't drown in his armor, as well as needing some assistance to get himself up and out on the eastern side. As soon as he gets over and resets, he'll ready his bow and take up a covering position opposite of Till while everyone else gets ready.

Once the party moves ahead, Yosef will fall in at his marching order rank and will keep his bow and an arrow at the ready.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”