Action Thread 17

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 17

#61 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"Maybe something needs to be thrown into the water to get them to come out? What about some trash from the stinky room?"
"Or maybe this?" Jeloon offers as she dips the tip of her glowing sword into the water, closer to where the rates are. "C'min get the shiny stick," she taunts the submerged vermin.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by rredmond »

Nothing seems to happen, they look like they are remaining prepared.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#63 Post by ToniXX »

Sorry for the delayed reply, and I've got nothing much to add to our plan, other than it seems good. If Till needs help on the other side, if we swim we have to take our armor off first. This is a real pickle, gents. Also, bruard is the only one with rat anti venom. I shoulda given some to till before he got on the other side. Stream of consciousness post right here...
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#64 Post by Alethan »

Maybe Jeloon going out as far as she can without getting too deep and trying to draw them back? Or... taking a running jump and trying to make it to the other side, then Yosef and Van attacking from the rear? Van has the spear, so he may be able to affectively do that; not sure about Yosef.

Argennian, does Yosef have a sleep spell?? Put them to sleep, watch them drown. :)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#65 Post by dmw71 »

How deep is the water appear at its deepest point? Could Jeloon just walk through it, or would she need to swim at some point?
-- Project --
-- DM --

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by rredmond »

theres a drop off as soon as you enter the room. At that point it's six feet deep.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#67 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:At that point it's six feet deep.
Since no height was specified for Jeloon, can I just determine that she's at least 6'6"? ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Maybe Jeloon going out as far as she can without getting too deep and trying to draw them back? Or... taking a running jump and trying to make it to the other side, then Yosef and Van attacking from the rear? Van has the spear, so he may be able to affectively do that; not sure about Yosef.
OOC: I was thinking the same thing, perhaps Van and Yosef could hold the back of Jeloon's belt so that she could lean further out in the water and into the rat's view. Mayhap that will entice them enough?

It's either that or perhaps she steps off the ledge and goes kerplunk, then the rats move on her as Yosef and Van try to attack them from the ledge. Was also thinking that if she had a rope tied to her, we could haul her back up and onto the ledge. Her hands would be free and so she could start her underwater stab-o-matic and then the above water ginsu when we haul her out.

Or Jeloon could just run and try and jump as far across the gap as possible. That would draw the rats to her and Till, of course. So then Yosef either starts shooting arrows at them or he, Bruard and Van begin to cross over once Jeloon has made it to the other side and is up and out of the water.

POP1: no need to take off armor if doing so, I would think. It's such a short distance that one could hold their breath and simply walk along the bottom until they reach the other ledge and then pull themselves up and out.

That would, of course, provoke rat attacks on whomever attempts it, but if we cannot draw them in on the west side of the room, it's really our only option. Wonder if the rats could attack and bite someone underwater while still holding their breaths? Hmmm...

Q: I know there are two groups on each side but how many rats are there in total? Can Till tell exactly?

Alethan wrote:Argennian, does Yosef have a sleep spell?? Put them to sleep, watch them drown. :)
I wish! Would've already used it if he did. I also don't think it's worth using up the scroll with the Slow spell on it, because it only covers 1 creature per caster level, i.e 3 rats.

Either that or he casts Mirror Image on himself and makes the swim instead of Jeloon? Taking a chance with only 8 hit points though...
:?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#69 Post by Alethan »

There are six on either side, from what Till can see.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#70 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon is ready to do whatever. She's growing increasingly frustrated that a handful of rats ate holding us up like this.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#71 Post by Alethan »

I'm kind of out of ideas, so... go with whatever and we'll handle it from there! :D

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#72 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon begins stripping out of her armor, cursing the situation under her breath. Once finished, with sword in hand...

SPLASH!
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#73 Post by Alethan »

Just as Jeloon splashes into the water, and Till is about to tell the others about the ambushing rats moving in, he hears movement echoing down the tunnel behind him.

"Sod it all," he mutters. Looking at the others, he says, "They're closing in on Jeloon. Also, we've got company coming this way." Then he slides over to the bit of landing north of the opening, sheathes his sword, and attempts to hide in the shadows.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#74 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:"They're closing in on Jeloon. Also, we've got company coming this way." Then he slides over to the bit of landing north of the opening, sheathes his sword, and attempts to hide in the shadows.
Bruard speaks back to Till: hide well, master Till, and once I see them, I'll attract their attention to the edge of the water.

Ron, could we get a side view drawing of where we are? I'm still a little unclear.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by rredmond »

A side view eh? Okay I shall attempt:

Normal view:
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (37.6 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
Side view:
Picture2.gif
Picture2.gif (3.14 KiB) Viewed 1149 times

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#76 Post by Alethan »

Can you move Till up and to the right... and then make him hidden? Pleaseandthankyou. :)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by rredmond »

Choo got it. ;)

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#78 Post by ToniXX »

Hmmm thanks, Ron. I thought there was a dropoff on our side before the water, then another in the water. I got it now.
Bruard will watch the opposite bank for the arrival of the other rats, and keep another eye on Jeloon and help her if necessary.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:Hmmm thanks, Ron. I thought there was a dropoff on our side before the water, then another in the water. I got it now.
Bruard will watch the opposite bank for the arrival of the other rats, and keep another eye on Jeloon and help her if necessary.
Actually you're right Greg. There's a couple of inches to a half a foot of water in the passageway that you are all standing in. The steep drop off starts as soon as the passage enters the room.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by Argennian »

As soon as Jeloon begins stripping off her armor, indicating her growing impatience and intention to jump in the water, Yosef stashes his flask of lamp oil at the top of his large belt pouch and reequips his bow. He instructs Van to hand off the torch to Bruard, or at least set it down on dry ground before the water line if the cleric needs his hands free, and move up to be able to stab out at the giant rats that move on Jeloon with his spear.

The elf draws a new flight arrow and makes ready. His intentions are to cover Jeloon as best he can, intending on pincushioning as many of the giant rats swimming at the surface as he can without risking hitting Jeloon.

When Yosef hears Till announce that someone or something is coming towards him and the swimming rat-drama about to unfold, he will be sure to nod his understanding and be prepared to support his fearless halfling companion with either his bow or his magic missile spell, if or when needed.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”