Re: Lost

#42 Post by shaidar »

The river was going NW but turned SW

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram says, We should follow the river. It will lead to lower elevations, which means easier hunting. It will also eventually lead to civilization, so we can sort out where we are.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Marullus »

sulldawga wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:21 am Ingram says, We should follow the river. It will lead to lower elevations, which means easier hunting. It will also eventually lead to civilization, so we can sort out where we are.
Lharzin steps off the flat circle area with a shudder, goosebumps on her arms. "One way or another, I'm all for leaving here."

"Northwest and follow the river is certainly the easiest route, and will get us out of the mountains fastest," she ponders. "But it also assures we are the wrong side of the mountain, as the outpost lies to the southeast. Picking our way blindly across the mountain is arguably a horrid idea, but we might need to take a ship or a roundabout caravan to get anywhere near where we started... and I didn't bring any coin for a voyage."
gurusql wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:29 pm Beryl

"If understand the land and I am not expert but the Felsha Mountains only has rivers flowing to the south or the east. The Sorkin Mountains only to the south and west. That leaves on the Jahl or Rayesha Mountains. The Rayesha are the only mountains that were Northwest of our previous position (although Jahl Mountains were N-NW). If this is the Rayesha Mountains than (1) any river flowing NW is in the opposite direction to get back and (2) Does not lead to any major civilization. The first priority has to be food and water and then getting more information on our current location."
"A sound assessment," she says, endorsing her travel companion. "Following the river ensures water, and in doing so the greatest chance of meeting people, too, for better or worse. There's one other thing... this is an ancient circle and speaks to a significant dwarven presence. I suspect we were transported here for a reason, and that reason is the abandoned Khuzdul Kingdom of Kiraz. It is too coincidental that we arrived here, from the Battle of Sorrows, when the battle led to the closing of the Kingdom. I dare not divine anything here near this circle... but once we're away from it, I can likely find the distance and direction to the kingdom's Godstone. There may be fate for us in visiting the kingdom, and the Godstone may allow us to step directly to Azadmere rather than roaming the empty coastline of Equeth."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#45 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

Takes in all the discussion, and says let me see if the gods are now ready to speak to me. He prepares and does some chanting, bell ringing, etc... and then he casts the bones -

Tarotry vs 68 [1d100]=82 + 10 = 92

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:46 pm Murgar

Takes in all the discussion, and says let me see if the gods are now ready to speak to me. He prepares and does some chanting, bell ringing, etc... and then he casts the bones -

The plus 10 (Savorya sanctum modifiers apply to most psionic talents) gets added to your ML of 68 so it them becomes 78. Using Arngeirs magic runestones is then 78+6=84. Your roll of 82 is a marginal success.

Murgar studies the stones carefully, the result almost eluding him at first, then he sees it, sharp and clear before him. The lord of dreams has made the first move. Something old and lost may be found. But who moves next is unclear.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "I dunno maybe we follow tha river. Don't most folks build towns an what not near ta water sources?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Ahlmzhad wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:46 pm Murgar

All this leads to a long pause while Murgar first stares at the rune stones. Then his eyes roll back in his head and he seems to twitch and mouth soundless words. Finally his face relaxes, his eyes close and then after a long pause he opens them.

Looking around he takes a moment to gather his thoughts. The gods of dreams have summoned us here, and they have chosen to reveal a small bit of information. Our search shall not be fruitless in this game. Things will be found, one old and one new. What the next step is though has not been revealed.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Marullus »

Lharzin nods solemnly. "The Kingdom of Kiraz."
(how does the circle effect a neutral Convocation?)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram says, The Gods do what the Gods do, and Men deal with the consequences. We won't find anything if we die on this hill. Does anyone else need to rest some more or can we get moving downstream?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#51 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim looks lost "Wait...what? Where'd ya say we were? How an tha hell'd we end up ere?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rex »

Marullus wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:27 am Lharzin nods solemnly. "The Kingdom of Kiraz."
(how does the circle effect a neutral Convocation?)
Neutral are unaffected by sanctums (there are no neutral sanctums).
Savorya spells +10 EML
Fyvria -20 EML

Psionics are as follows (doing just what the group has).
Disembodiment +20 EML (I missed this on your first attempts, sorry).
Prescience +13 EML
Sensitivity +13 EML
Clairvoyance +6 EML
Psychometry +6 EML
Voice of Ages +6 EML
Healing no effect
Hex no effect

Murgar reminder, you have the spell Galra's Enhancement (S II). Currently +10 EML so a net 64 EML when rested. It works on you or any willing recipient. Increases one active psionic talent by 25% (MS) or 50% (CS). when you get your Savorya ML up another 6 points you can use it to increase dormant talents as well.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"So is something to find around here, the gods have their plans. How to find closest way into Kiraz? Would there be hidden khuzdul markers?"
Last edited by shaidar on Fri May 03, 2024 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Marullus »

"The stone will remember..." answers Lharzin cryptically to Arngeir as she kneels down on the large flat circle, placing both hands on the ground.

Let's use Voice of Ages with +6 EML, then.
Voice of Ages [1d100]=91[1d100]=68[1d100]=71

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Rex »

Marullus wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:13 pm "The stone will remember..." answers Lharzin cryptically to Arngeir as she kneels down on the large flat circle, placing both hands on the ground.

Let's use Voice of Ages with +6 EML, then.
Voice of Ages [1d100]=91[1d100]=68[1d100]=71
With the +6 you have a 40 EML, all 3 rolls are Marginal Failures. You roll like me, LOL.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Marullus »

Marullus wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:13 pm"The stone will remember..." answers Lharzin cryptically to Arngeir as she kneels down on the large flat circle, placing both hands on the ground.
She rises with a heavy sigh after crouching motionless for long time. "...but today they keep their secrets. Let's get away from here and I will discern the direction to the Godstone, which is at least a bearing. Maybe we'll see trail markers along the way."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by gurusql »

Beryl

Will be ready to head out. He says, "Food and Water will an issue soon. staying by the river will at least solve the water problem, half day or travel and half day of hunted and scavenging."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rex »

Location Unknown, suspected to be near Kiraz.
Date Unknown.

After looking around a bit Ingram thinks he found an old, unused trail that leads towards the river below. Going to be slow going to be safe. As everyone picks their way down the trail you are soon out of the area of the Sanctum. About an hour later you stop at a sort of flat spot for a break and to rest up before starting back down again. Looking around, studying the area from the new vantage point Beryl thinks he sees a small cave opening on the other side of the canyon, directly across but lower down. Maybe a 100 yards or so above the river. Not sure from here if there is a trail to it on the other side.

Actions?

Arngeir Orlygsson: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 105, Uni Pen (0/0), Phy Pen (-4/-20), Move 6, Initiative: 98, Spc:
Algrim Tirion: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 39, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 16, Move 10, Initiative: 90, Spc:
Murgar: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 46, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (0/0), SMP 18, Move 14, Initiative: 80, Spc:
Ingram: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 15, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-9/-45), SMP 0, Move 13, Initiative: 84, Spc:
Beryl: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 18, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (0/0), SMP 0, Move 11, Initiative: , Spc:
Lharzin: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 16, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (0/0), SMP 0, Move 8, Initiative: 70, Spc:

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram reminds everyone, if they're thinking of exploring that cave, that he got no sleep last night because he took first watch, and he's tired.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Marullus »

As everyone else settles in for a break along the river, Lharzin finds a bare stone to sit upon. She counts with her fingers along her woven bracelets, eyes closed, as she concentrates her attention... beyond.

Eye of Kemdal [1d100]=23

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”