OOC Out of Character Chat

TheMyth
TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Out of Character Chat

#81 Post by TheMyth »

Rex wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:17 pm Probe, late 20th century or early 21st is good with me. I have to go in to work a little early today but will be back on after work around midnight EST. Maybe her adversary could be the bureaucrats trying to shut the agency down? It seems to be a recurring them for Probe. Maybe the significant favor would be to someone important who got her the job in the first place?
This will not be a PROBE game, so too much focus on the org will not be involved....

The Adversary would be something PROBE had investigated.

The Owed Favor could be...to PROBE itself!

Here's my thinking: PROBE is small, with never more than a handful of direct employees. Perhaps your character is an outside resource who gets called in to infiltrate and investigate (aka spy). Perhaps because someone at PROBE helped her hone her psychic abilities?

Actually, this could be a minor Obligation: PROBE, plus a minor Owed Favor: Director Giles. Let's also give your character a minor major Adversary: The Cult (a group your character will have encountered repeatedly over her career. The details we can bring up as needed in-game!)

So:
Adversary: The Cult (-2)
Obligation: PROBE (-1)
Owed Favor: Director Giles (-1)

That's 4 extra CP!

More psychic powers? Telekinesis is 2CP, Precognition is 1CP, Enlightened is 1CP, Hypnosis is 1CP ("These are not the droids you're looking for.") or 2CP (mental illusion or complete command). Or maybe something not in the rules? (like Pyrokinesis or Psychic Healing)

Or Quick Reflexes or Tough or Tracker?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#82 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I feel I have also still failed to complete my sheet... circling back. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by TheMyth »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:35 pm I feel I have also still failed to complete my sheet... circling back. :)
It's done enough to start. ;)

GreyWolfVT

#84 Post by GreyWolfVT »

works for me.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#85 Post by TheMyth »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:35 pm I feel I have also still failed to complete my sheet... circling back. :)

We forgot to establish Bingkit's home Tech Level. Vinvocci are TL7.

21stC Earth is TL5, which means he would use Earth tech at a -2 penalty. BUT...he is Technically Adept, which evens it out.

As a crazy inventor-type, he can incorporate TL7 bits of tech into inventions and make them seem wondrous to TL5-ers.

Possessions! Gadgets & Trappings:

1/ The Shimmer, a 1SP Gadget that reduces his Story Points to 11.
2/ a portable toolkit of TL5 tools (perhaps with a TL7 multispanner hidden amongst the tools?)
3/ Bingkit has Fighting and Marksman. Any weapons you want him to carry? Earth or scifi are both options. 1 melee & 1 firearm.
4/ any other portable items he might have at all times? Some sort of phone/comm?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Rex »

TheMyth wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:25 pm
Rex wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:17 pm Probe, late 20th century or early 21st is good with me. I have to go in to work a little early today but will be back on after work around midnight EST. Maybe her adversary could be the bureaucrats trying to shut the agency down? It seems to be a recurring them for Probe. Maybe the significant favor would be to someone important who got her the job in the first place?
This will not be a PROBE game, so too much focus on the org will not be involved....

Here's my thinking: PROBE is small, with never more than a handful of direct employees. Perhaps your character is an outside resource who gets called in to infiltrate and investigate (aka spy). Perhaps because someone at PROBE helped her hone her psychic abilities?

Actually, this could be a minor Obligation: PROBE, plus a minor Owed Favor: Director Giles. Let's also give your character a minor major Adversary: The Cult (a group your character will have encountered repeatedly over her career. The details we can bring up as needed in-game!)

So:

That's 4 extra CP!

More psychic powers? Telekinesis is 2CP, Precognition is 1CP, Enlightened is 1CP, Hypnosis is 1CP ("These are not the droids you're looking for.") or 2CP (mental illusion or complete command). Or maybe something not in the rules? (like Pyrokinesis or Psychic Healing)

Looks good to me.

I like the idea of Hypnosis and Psychic Healing. If she has any points left I would go for Quick Reflects maybe, something that will boost her combat skills as she is weak there.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by TheMyth »

Rex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:39 am
TheMyth wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:25 pm

So:

That's 4 extra CP!

Looks good to me.

I like the idea of Hypnosis and Psychic Healing. If she has any points left I would go for Quick Reflects maybe, something that will boost her combat skills as she is weak there.
Psychic Healing (Psychic Major Good) will cost 2CP. A typical use will mimic medical care without the need for a first aid kit, drugs, etc. (Level of success will cure 1, 2, or 3 points). Using 1 Story Point will heal all damage to a person touched, but 1/2 will be transferred to the Psychic.

Hypnosis has 2 levels. Which one?

Likewise, Quick Reflexes has 2 levels - Minor allows 1st in phase; Major gives effective Coordination+2 to determine action order & can spend 1 Story Point to go before everyone.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Rex »

I will go with 2 in Hypnosis. That should leave me even on points.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by TheMyth »

Rex wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:09 pm I will go with 2 in Hypnosis. That should leave me even on points.
Okay, add these to the character sheet:

Psychic Healing (+2)
Hypnosis, major (+2)

And.... GIVE YOUR CHARACTER A NAME!

It doesn't even have to be her real name. I need a placeholder name so I can start your game thread.

GreyWolfVT

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

TheMyth wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:57 am

We forgot to establish Bingkit's home Tech Level. Vinvocci are TL7.

21stC Earth is TL5, which means he would use Earth tech at a -2 penalty. BUT...he is Technically Adept, which evens it out.

As a crazy inventor-type, he can incorporate TL7 bits of tech into inventions and make them seem wondrous to TL5-ers.

Possessions! Gadgets & Trappings:

1/ The Shimmer, a 1SP Gadget that reduces his Story Points to 11.
2/ a portable toolkit of TL5 tools (perhaps with a TL7 multispanner hidden amongst the tools?)
3/ Bingkit has Fighting and Marksman. Any weapons you want him to carry? Earth or scifi are both options. 1 melee & 1 firearm.
4/ any other portable items he might have at all times? Some sort of phone/comm?
Random order answers:
3: Ray Gun.. well maybe a sonic pistol or some such less lethal version of this.
1: ok, anything I need to worry about story point wise?
4: communicator watch (the black one at the far right)
2: multispanner sounds good to me.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Rex »

Sheet updated. Looking for a picture now. Very short current background is Italian, maybe a model as a cover?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Rex »

Image of Rosa.
Rosa.jpg
Rosa.jpg (157.71 KiB) Viewed 113 times

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#93 Post by TheMyth »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:08 am
Random order answers:
3: Ray Gun.. well maybe a sonic pistol or some such less lethal version of this.
1: ok, anything I need to worry about story point wise?
4: communicator watch (the black one at the far right)
2: multispanner sounds good to me.
I tried an image search for that gun. Is it from a specific fictionsl origin? Or was it a random photo you found?

Also, do you want a Stun Pistol? Or an option to do damage too?

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by TheMyth »

Rex wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:43 am Image of Rosa.

Rosa.jpg
Rosa Ciccone starts with some possessions:

A big handbag, a Smart Phone, a First Aid Kit, some hand tools (screwdriver, wrench, IKEA hex key, lockpicks), a bullet bra, a handgun/pistol, and....

With Fighting 2, Rosa can use hands or a weapon. Does she use a knife or something?

GreyWolfVT

#95 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I tried an image search for that gun. Is it from a specific fictionsl origin? Or was it a random photo you found?

The gun is from a Foo Fighters album cover. I'd like it to do damage but mostly non-lethal. Who knows maybe he was able to add a dial or something to change what setting it is on. Stun, knockout, tase.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Rex »

TheMyth wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:42 am

Rosa.jpg

A big handbag, a Smart Phone, a First Aid Kit, some hand tools (screwdriver, wrench, IKEA hex key, lockpicks), a bullet bra, a handgun/pistol, and....

With Fighting 2, Rosa can use hands or a weapon. Does she use a knife or something?
Knife, the classic Italian stiletto will be her knife of choice but can improvise of course.

My choice would be, https://gritrsports.com/benchmade-infid ... ife-801200

Pistol will be a Beretta 70s in 380 ACP, 7 round capacity. If I were going to carry a pistol over a revolver is is one of the best for deep cover carry. I prefer a revolver but Rosa is going with classic Italian weapons.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#97 Post by TheMyth »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:34 pm

The gun is from a Foo Fighters album cover. I'd like it to do damage but mostly non-lethal. Who knows maybe he was able to add a dial or something to change what setting it is on. Stun, knockout, tase.
Cool find. It looks familiar to me though. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a reference to something "famous."

If it's just a bog-standard weapon, it can be a Sonic Stun Pistol. Range (5/10/20/40), any hit stuns target, duration as per level of success.

If Bingkit fiddled with the gun, then it's a Gadget requiring Story Points. That requires more discussion.

Gadget rules suggest 2 types of attack: a lethal attack against a target, or an attack that does simple damage BUT can also cause items to explode in a fiery blast. Some choices, right?

There is also a Stun feature. And then there are potential Restrictions. Like make it only usable only by Vinvocci? It is thus a Gadget costing 1 Story Point (which then gets stored in the device, for use ONLY with the device)

GreyWolfVT

#98 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Here is the answer on the image Buck Rogers XZ-38 Disintegrator Pistol is what that is.
If it's just a bog-standard weapon, it can be a Sonic Stun Pistol. Range (5/10/20/40), any hit stuns target, duration as per level of success.

If Bingkit fiddled with the gun, then it's a Gadget requiring Story Points. That requires more discussion.

Gadget rules suggest 2 types of attack: a lethal attack against a target, or an attack that does simple damage BUT can also cause items to explode in a fiery blast. Some choices, right?

There is also a Stun feature. And then there are potential Restrictions. Like make it only usable only by Vinvocci? It is thus a Gadget costing 1 Story Point (which then gets stored in the device, for use ONLY with the device)
I'd like dig into story points to make this thing more "interesting" :)

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#99 Post by TheMyth »

Rex wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:11 pm
TheMyth wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:42 am

Rosa.jpg

Knife, the classic Italian stiletto will be her knife of choice but can improvise of course.

My choice would be, https://gritrsports.com/benchmade-infid ... ife-801200

Pistol will be a Beretta 70s in 380 ACP, 7 round capacity. If I were going to carry a pistol over a revolver is is one of the best for deep cover carry. I prefer a revolver but Rosa is going with classic Italian weapons.
The specific gun is just window dressing, but your description seems to place it within this category:

Small Pistol, Range (5m/10m/20m/40m), Ammunition (6-7), Damage range (2/4/6), Recoil (-1)

Range is modified -0 at short, -2 at medium, -4 at long, -6 at extreme

Damage is points of Attribute loss based on level of success: 2 pts Success, 4 pts Good, 6 pts Fantastic.

Recoil means the gun can be fired multiple times in a round, with each additional shot taking cumulative recoil penalties (-1 on 2nd shot, -2 on 3rd, etc.)

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by TheMyth »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:40 pm Here is the answer on the image Buck Rogers XZ-38 Disintegrator Pistol is what that is.
Of course! I kept thinking "It's from a b&w movie...which one was it?". It might have just been a toy based on the strip. But it looked so familiar!

I'd like dig into story points to make this thing more "interesting" :)
[/quote]

Okay, so you need to decide:

Is the gun deadly? Or is it explodey? Or is it just Stunny?

Return to “TheMyth's Wayfarers (Dr.Who RPG/Vortex)”