Introducing Dubricus and the Bee Lady

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Introducing Dubricus and the Bee Lady

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

After being robbed twice already, a budding group is ready to head out and deal with this bandit threat straight away.

After spending another day resting in the Keep, the party awakens with the intentions of heading back out towards the forest where they will attempt to figure out a way to get either past the bandits on another path, or end their highwayman empire entirely.

The growing crew is content to bring a couple of others along with them this time, the entire team consisting of:

Crabgrass
Crobeus
Dredd
Dubricus
Meinhardt
Magdal
Pimlan
Renna
Skratch
Stobart

Did I miss anyone or add someone who doesn't want to be here?

Go ahead and continue any planning here, please.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Smoking Out The Bandits

#2 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

Is prepped and ready after a night of study and devotion. He carries a minimal amount of physical kit, his divine ware of holy symbol and prayer books and another pouch of spell components and arcane leather bound tome.

Spells updated:
Cure Light Wounds (Cl)
Cure Light Wounds (Cl)
Detect Magic (MU)
Identify (MU)
Read Magic (MU)
Sanctuary (Cl)
Shocking Grasp (MU)
Sleep (MU)
He leans heavily upon his staff and waits for the group and his Keep contact, the schoolteacher/mage Dubricus. The mage had made a comment in the tavern during our introduction in regards to his 'leading the group' which I didn't make issue about and no one else commented though that is not the particular role he has been invited to take on. Advisory, yes. Leading, well hope it doesn't become an issue.

Anyway, I am ready.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#3 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Thanks for the reminder on Dubricus! :oops:

If he comes along, he wants to lead.

There is no contract or anything though, so feel free to pass on him if you'd prefer.

You get the impression that he isn't going to change his tune much.
:mrgreen:

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna was planning on attending as well since she came up with the route. :lol:

Before the new days spells she will cast a CLW on herself and on Dredd
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=3
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=4

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Stirling »

There is no contract or anything though, so feel free to pass on him if you'd prefer.

You get the impression that he isn't going to change his tune much.
I invited him so must vouch for him. He might be a surprise sage with critical spells or a dreamer. As long as he is not in league with the bandits ...

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan "Hmm I should go pick-up those caltrops from the smith if he has them ready. They might come in handy for this mission of ours." the halfling comments more saying his thoughts out loud than to anyone specific.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

grokkngrognard
Tracker
Tracker

#7 Post by grokkngrognard »

Rising early Skratch ambles out of the stables shaking the loose bits of straw from her body, but not before scratching her nethers, oblivious to anyone looking her way. She’ll join the others, examining the tip of a finger that earlier had been buried deep inside her right nostril.

Stooped in a slight crouch, the half-orc looks at the others, her face a feral mask. “We goin’ to caves now? Kill bandits eh sabba? Take loot.”

She smiles, lips peeling back over sharp pointy teeth.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by hedgeknight »

gurusql wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:59 pm Renna
Before the new days spells she will cast a CLW on herself and on Dredd
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=3
Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=4
That will help Dredd sleep immensely!

Dredd thanks Renna, dipping his head somewhat in embarrassment. "I was...I was not very kind to you on our last outing. My apologies, friend Renna. I would make it up to you by fighting alongside you once again. I will do my best to protect you. You have my word."

The next morning, still sore and stiff, Dredd will polish his old shield, don his armor and will visit the tavern before heading out. He will try to rustle up a biscuit or two for breakfast. Or whatever is available.
Winter is coming...

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

"I suggest we locate and commandeer the caves these bandits are using. The bandits on the road know about the kobolds, so that suggests it may be nearby to the kobolds' lair. Then we simply wait in ambush for them to return for the evening. Turnabout is fair play."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"If we take the path I suggested there is a good chance we cross the path they use to get to their base and then we can do just that."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#11 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

"I like Renna's suggestion." He grabs a very quick breakfast before pronouncing himself ready to go.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

Stobart is happy with Renna's plan too.

What about Dubricus? Are we having a vote on him joining us as leader? I'm not sure Stobart is up for having this unknown person leading the group. "

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass
"What about Dubricus? Are we having a vote on him joining us as leader?" I'm not sure Stobart is up for having this unknown person leading the group.
For Crabgrass, he is going to address this concern quite diplomatically if he can. If I may take the question as a spoken whisper to us rather than ooc, I would respond in character.

"I have only just met the guy. I know he is a mage and he says he has experience of the area. In truth, my exploration group were well bust up and chased out by the Goblins and Kobolds so another more knowledgeable and skilled person ought to be welcomed.

As to 'leadership' that is a moot point. Why don't we assume yourself Stobart to lead if we need such a title but we can at least consult Dubricus and involve him for advice. If he thinks he is making decisions and bringing good influence, so much the better, especially if he needs to demonstrate his arcane skills.

If he proves a blaggard and fool, then that will be quickly shown. There are eight of us, so in any vote, just make sure it goes 5-3 or greater one way so no 'leader' vies to push any 'my vote carries double worth'."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

gurusql wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:59 pm Renna

Renna was planning on attending as well since she came up with the route. :lol:
I swear I had her down. Must have got lost when I alphabetized them. :oops:

Was there anyone else with healing spells available from your rest day? No point in wasting them.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by shaidar »

Stobart shakes his head.

"I don't want to be leader. I was just seeking clarification as I do not know the man and he seems quite insistant on the position."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by gurusql »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:52 am Was there anyone else with healing spells available from your rest day? No point in wasting them.
Renna has one more healing spell available and will cast it heal up the most wounded member

Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=6

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#17 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Magdal Haldeene AC7 15/16
Pimlan Greenstride AC6 7/9
Dredd AC3 11/16
Stobart Galt AC5 10/10
Meinhardt AC10 4/5
Crobeus AC3 10/10
Renna Kellamin AC4 9/9
Crabgrass: Half-Elf C/MU AC7 7/7

The middle aged man man wearing fine clothing and portraying a good deal of importance, Dubricus d'Amberville, stands to address his new followers.

IMG_2043.jpeg
IMG_2043.jpeg (114.73 KiB) Viewed 151 times
“Well met friends! For those of you I haven’t met yet, I am Dubricus! Dubricus d'Amberville, and I am at your service.” He gives a sideways look towards Skratch, hoping she isn’t part of the group.

“I trust that Mr. Crabgrass here has informed you that he has asked me on, as it were, to lead your group to newfound riches and fame. You can rest assured that I will lead this party by making the most logical and intellectual decisions for any situations that arise.”

“Is everyone ready to depart? You mustn’t forget anything you think we will need. See! There is your first lesson in logical thinking! You are all going to learn so much from me on this trip! I should almost charge you extra for that!”

He laughs, even if nobody else does.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

"I am sure the brigands will be quaking in their boots." he says. He has his pack and staff in hand, mace still strapped according to Keep protocols until we actually leave. He follows those leading the way to the forest and trails.
Was there anyone else with healing spells available from your rest day? No point in wasting them.

I used mine yesterday and have two prepared for today.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan smiles "Very nice to meet you. Those brigands won't stand a chance." he says to Dubricus.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal agees with Crabgrass, let the braggart think he is leader and perhaps if he proves himself and shows leadership qualities he may actually come to be that, but in Magdal's mind she considers Renna and Stobart better choices in that regard. She suppresses a smile at Pimlan's remark.

Between his words and the pic I'm getting strong Gilderoy Lockhart vibes.

Return to “Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 “Return to Kendall Keep” (1e)”