Resurrecting Deleted Players/Characters

This forum is for users to make requests of the admins. This includes starting new campaigns, archiving old campaigns, adding player sub-forums to existing campaigns, and anything else that the user cannot do and must be completed by admins.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Resurrecting Deleted Players/Characters

#1 Post by hedgeknight »

I'm digging back through the threads to my 5E Baldur's Gate game viewforum.php?f=1048 and I'm wondering if it is possible to restore (or find) players/characters previously deleted from the game? I started off with 9 players (I think) and attrition took at least five of those out of action. I believe I originally had private threads for all of them and when they either disappeared or dropped out, I requested those threads be removed. Is there any way to restore those?
I know this is a tall task, and may be impossible, but I thought I'd ask. :)
Winter is coming...

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resurrecting Deleted Players/Characters

#2 Post by ToniXX »

If you have requested them to be removed, I'm pretty sure they're gone for good (unless Dave or Ron archived them, but I don't think so).
Sorry!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

hedgeknight wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:07 pm Is there any way to restore those?
Unfortunately, once it's deleted, it's gone.

There is a "Move posts to" option when the deletion happens (which essentially will create a backup of the posts), but if that option isn't taken when the forum is deleted, there's no going back.
Delete forum.png
Delete forum.png (42.17 KiB) Viewed 92 times

Unless, maybe there is a snapshot on . Nope, sorry.

And, if you're talking about private forums, you'd need to know their forum id (e.g. f=1048) which is also no longer available.

I wish I had better news. :(
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by hedgeknight »

No worries, Dave. I was planning on using some of those characters as NPC's. I found one on D&D Beyond where several of us initially created our characters. I think I'll reach out to those players and see if they still have a copy somewhere. If not, I have names and a brief remembrance of the character. ;)
Winter is coming...

Return to “Admin Requests”