Current Events in Chybisa

Rex
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Current Events in Chybisa

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim bah!'s "Psh, Bah! What I got against that fella. I ain't had nough time ta be harmed er screwed over by 'im so what do I wan ta fight that one fer? I saw no I ain't got no grand desire ta be fightin some fancy pants politician prick. Er whate'er he is." he saves the idea off like it's an annoying bug.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram says, Well, the Baron may still want you to go. And I agree, slaying a griffon will raise your renown even higher than before.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir nods at Imgram and mutters in Ivinian

"ég sit með músum, ekki karlmönnum"

(Translation)
"I am sitting with mice, not men."

GreyWolfVT

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim just eats his food and drinks his drink while the two speak in other tongues.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rex »

The dinner wraps up with no real decision and everyone parts way for the night. Over the course of the next week everyone stays in touch, Sir Ingram becoming more comfortable with the group of outsiders and they with him.

Sir Ingram finds them friendly and very different than anyone he has ever known before. They stand out in Chybisa like a sore thumb and don't seem to care in the least bit.

The morning of the 10th of Larane dawns bright and clear for a change. No one has any plans except to meet for breakfast at The Blue Horse. You have all just sat down and greeted each other, not even had a chance to order something to eat when in walks two Khuzdul. A male and female, none of you have ever seen before walk in and then start your way.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by gurusql »

Beryl

The male Khuzdul that stands about 4'4" and weighs about 110 lbs. He has long brown hair that extends beyond his shoulders. His facial features are predominantly covered by a thick, full beard, which is complemented by a well-groomed moustache. He has deep blue eyes. He is physically fit and wears quilt, mail and leather armor and carries a trident and roundshield.

He walks up to the bar, "We have been on the road for a few days, do you have breakfast with eggs, taters and sausage?"

Beryl.jpg
Beryl.jpg (98.38 KiB) Viewed 188 times

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram looks over at the pair entering the establishment and mumbles under his breath, You guys get along with Khuzdul, right?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rex »

Algrim is a Khuzdul (Harnic Dwarf).

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Marullus »

The female dwarf trails behind her bushy-bearded companion, looking over the room with a deliberate and studious gaze as he queries for eggs. She is taller (4'8") and a little more slender than her companion (100lbs) and wears leathers with tied thongs rather than metal buckles, including a tooled kurbul breastplate of some quality and expense over her blue dress and corset. A warhammer hangs at her side, noteable in that it is solid, polished stone and covered in engraved runes, rather than a metal head. She pushes back the hood of her deep blue cloak to see clearly, revealing an unextrordinary face, and fixes her emerald green eyes on Algrim as he sits with his human companions.
He may recognize the insignia on her breastplate, and the conspicuous lack of metal upon her, as being that of a Guardian, the small and exclusive all-female unit that guards the Godstone at the heart of the mountain in Azadmere. It also bears the sigil of Clan Grimhald, one of Azadmere's Great Clans and known for its alchemists.
She approaches without preamble, nodding with deep respect to Algrim, then to his companions, before speaking to the dwarf in their own tongue.
"Algrim of Clan Tirion? Honor upon your family. I hope you will allow us to speak with you and be introduced to your friends."

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim returns the greeting "That'd be me. Honor ta you as well. This'd be Arngeir been travelin with him fer a while. Then there's Turnip ain't tha food just her name. Then there be this new ta me fella Ingram." can't recall who else is with us of the characters from the character list.. sry. "An who might ya be lass?" he ends with.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Marullus »

The female dwarf looks intently at each human as they are introduced, giving each of them a respectful nod in turn. She then turns to Algrim and continues in Khudzul, to allow him to convey her words to his companions. "Word of your deeds spreads... you have re-opened Khuzdul Outpost that was sealed just after the Battle of Sorrows. I am Lharzin of Clan Grimhald, Speaker of Stone, and have been sent to hear what the outpost has to say and to aid you," she clears her throat uncomfortably, "with negotiations with the King of Chybisa. I speak for King Hazmadul III on this matter." She ends abruptly there, looking again at the faces around the table, then back to Algrim.

GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "Ah!. Well we're tryin ta get tha place up an runnin' again. But getting tha funds an sponsorship fer it is a bit of a political bull session. We found a ghost of one of me ancestors an found his remains and put his soul ta rest so he could finally leave this plane. I'm just tryin ta do him proud." he comments on the outpost "Tell me does King Hazmadul III offer us aid? If it don't involve no backstabbin er political games I may well be interested in hearin his offer."

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Marullus »

"Aid?" She raises an eyebrow. "What aid is it that you need?"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by gurusql »

Beryl joins his friend as he is waiting on his breakfast, introducing himself when the names are flying by, "Beryl of Clan Zaridoth".

He does no interrupt further while they are discussing the outpost.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

Well Algrim, what's she saying? If'n the Khuzdul'er willing to go in with us, lets forget this little lordling and go about our business at the outpost. Get it open and operating and once we have possession of it and showing some profit it will be easier to git approval for holding it. Eh, Arngier haven't we Ivinians found that is always the best, make your own place and they'll learn to live with it. Asks permission und yous'll gets nufing but grief."

GreyWolfVT

#56 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim relays what was said back to those not able to understand the dwarven native language... then replies "Well we need lots a materials and skilled builders ta get the outpost back in ta shape. Place was a bit of a ruin some of tha basic doors an what not ain't even in workin condition. Hopin ta build tha place up an maybe build a small village in tha area."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram says, Well, if you decide to skip the hunt, that's ok, but I would let the Baron know. Make it all about Sir Gerolt not being there and he probably won't care about the rest of us.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by shaidar »

Argnier

To Imgram: "Should one of us go see the lord, or would letter be better? If you think letter, then you help us right it, yes? If lord still talks about us going, we tell him we need to see king about outpost, royal Khuzdul business. "

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram replies, If you're trying to avoid the Hunt, then a letter is better. I am happy to help you write it. Our new friends here arriving with word from King Hazmadul makes it easy to disinvite ourselves.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Marullus »

Lharzin listens attentively as the table discusses. Since Algrim has introduced them and shared openly, she also switches to the common Harnic tongue.

"Who is this Baron and what is his relation to the Outpost? Or to the King of Chibisa? It is likely better not to mention me or Azadmere if you're declining the Baron. It would not do to make it a snub."

"You say 'get it open and operating' - what is it you intend for the Outpost to do and be?"

"I would very much like to see the Outpost" she adds, with less formality and more excitement. "Locked since the Battle of Sorrows, there is much the stone walls may wish to say, before they get busy with new activity."

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”