TheMyth
TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Prologue: May Day! May Day! I'm going down...to Baladar's

#41 Post by TheMyth »

Rex wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:46 pm Myrrh

"Is there a reason why we would want to avoid the militia outpost."
"They haven't harassed you yet?" Vali asks with disgust. "Must be nice being tall."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rex »

Myrrh

"Perhaps it has less to do with my height and more to do with my disposition." Myrrh says with a chuckle.

"Seriously, we should probably get going soon. I don't care which way we go but since it is already afternoon and we have a hike of at least an hour ahead of us barring no issues along the way we should be prepared to spend the night."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by gurusql »

Anter

"Agreed, I would recommend following that route that our local expert knows. As you say Myrrh, we should assume we will be camping out tonight."

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brondulm

No offense but I don't see a lot of muscle in this group.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rex »

Myrhh

Looking around at everyone.

"I suspect we will be just fine. Two of us are wearing plate and carrying shields. We will have to do as "Muscle"."

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brondulm

I have heard there is an woman warrior in town who might be looking for some work and her sword might be worth waiting on. Plus we might want to plan this foray out a bit before we rush off.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rex »

Myrhh

"We can go the route through town then and pick them up on our way if they want to join us."

The 5 characters (and companion) listed in roll call have all posted that they are here so I am not sure who we are missing or did I miss something about another joining us?

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by TheMyth »

Baladar (npc)

Baladar grumbles and says, "Sounds like some of you have things in hand. I have to get going to find the Runaway May Queen. Vali can probably help more than me now."

Baladar goes into his cabin and brings out a sack and a backpack. "Since Mister Reward seems keen on getting something, here's thirty gold coins - 5 for each of you - to help you get equipped. You have to pass both the Trading Post and the Mercantile on your way out of town, Baladar tosses a sack onto the table. "Any last questions for me before I go?" he asks as he slings his pack onto his back.

(OOC: BaltoBruiser is referring to an NPC from a rumor.)

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brondulm

Quickly snatches the bags of coins from the table: This should help outfit us for our camping trip. Anyone else want to see if there are some swordsells at the tavern who might be interested in lending a hand to our enterprise?

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by gurusql »

Anter

"Let us just distribute the coins now friend."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rex »

Myrrh

"I will take my 5 as well. May need it soon I think."

Sheet updated.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brondulm

Gentlemen, in order to outfit our merry band we are certainly going to pool our funds. Why divide these coins now only to put back together when we have to settle up at the Trading Post? Trust me, I will take great care with our kitty and make sure we get the goods we need.

As to the questions for Baladar Have you ever explored these ruins in the swamp? Any thoughts on what to avoid when we get there?

To Vali Are you joining us my dear gnome? I look forward to your tales of adventure in the swamp.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by Edeldhur »

Ellith grabs his share of five coins with a nod at Baladar - "Thank you" - then turned to Brondulm - "We are mere acquaintances for now friend. So I think the money should stay in the hands of the respective owners"

He focused his attention back on the map, trying to commit it to memory as best as possible - "Do you mind if we keep this?" - he asked Vali.
Last edited by Edeldhur on Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brondulm

My fair elf, possession in nine tenths of ownership and I hold the bag of coins. But in a gesture of good intent, I will divide the coins amongst us.

Brondulm stacks 5 coins into 5 piles for the others and puts the sack into his backpack. Is this a small sack of 100 coin capacity? I will add it to my inventory.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by Edeldhur »

Ellith
BaltoBruiser wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:08 pm Brondulm

My fair elf, possession in nine tenths of ownership and I hold the bag of coins. But in a gesture of good intent, I will divide the coins amongst us.
"Next time do not so promptly grab something which does not belong to you alone" - Ellith gave Brondulum a sidelong look - "And that way we can avoid having to repeat this conversation"

"In a sign of good will, I will not hold your actions against you. This time" - he nodded.
Last edited by Edeldhur on Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brondulm

Pardon my offense my fair elf, no need to bluster. Something tells me we will have plenty of opportunities for you show how dangerous you can be when we get to the ruins.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rex »

Myrrh

"I am afraid you don't understand Brondulm. You are going to give each of us our share of the coins or we are not going anywhere."

Myrrh is a priest of the Goddess of Virtue. All the other PC's are Lawful as well except Ellith who is Neutral and has made it clear he supports splitting the coins. If you keep it up Myrrh will refuse to adventure with you. Lawful and Chaotic can work together but the odd ball out is generally the one that needs to bend.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Just clarifying Brondulm stacked the coins for the others on Baladar's table in post 54...he is putting the empty sack into his backpack for future use.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by gurusql »

Anter

Anter will pull the gold coins away, "Vali, we hope you will be joining us. Your local expertise is important to me. I would recommend that we head out heading through the town for people that need supplies."

Sheet updated

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by TheMyth »

Vali (npc) & Baladar (npc)

(OOC: the sack is a "small sack.". Each PC gets an extra 5gp.)

Vali speaks (while eyeing Brondulm evilly), "I found the map, so I keep the map. I agreed to go with you, so I showed you the map. And I'll take my 5 gold too."

Baladar frowns at Brondulm, then says, "Very few people have been to the ruins in the marsh. They are usually wrapped in trees and undergrowth, basically unfindable most of the time.

"But this past winter there was a bad storm. A lightning strike must've hit the ruins and sparked a swampfire that cleared the underbrush away. You can see the ruins pretty clearly from the south now, but the trees will probably choke them by summer.

"People have been seeing firelight in the ruins sometimes. That coupled with all the goblin and orc sightings about, makes me wonder if something's up out there,"
Baladar explains.

"It needs looking in to. Vali's map and spotting those footprints proves it. But I am gonna be gone for awhile. And you five are the only people who showed up," Baladar concludes.

Return to “TheMyth's OSE Adventures in Tegel County (OSE)”