#61 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brondulm image.jpg
Brondulm image.jpg (10.87 KiB) Viewed 1324 times

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Generation

#62 Post by Rex »

Sheet updated. Sheet and picture posted.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by TheMyth »

Brondulm Neg and Anter Brune are *almost* ready.

For Brondulm- in the Thief Skills box, please add a note at the bottom to remind me to add the bonus for the Rabbit's Foot (do NOT add it in mathematically, please).

For Anter - you say the Ioun Stone is explained on the Notes tab, but it's not there. Please add it.

Make those changes and the character can go into Roll Call!

Update on others:

thirdkingdom is bogged down this week, so will join late.

I anticipate creating the first post by Monday! I know some of you will be otherwise engaged, so expect a slow build up (aka roleplay instead of combat).

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by gurusql »

TheMyth wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:19 pm For Anter - you say the Ioun Stone is explained on the Notes tab, but it's not there. Please add it.
Respectfully, please look again - it is there the third entry.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by TheMyth »

gurusql wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:34 pm
TheMyth wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:19 pm For Anter - you say the Ioun Stone is explained on the Notes tab, but it's not there. Please add it.
Respectfully, please look again - it is there the third entry.
LOL. It is literally off the page when viewed on my tablet!

I see it, so... APPROVED!

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by Edeldhur »

TheMyth wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:48 am I have unlocked ROLL CALL.

Rex, I think Myrrh is approved, so you may post the sheet there after you add the two special items detailed in the STARTING ITEMS DISCUSSION thread. (Vowbound Sword & Phylactery of the Righteous).

Everyone else --

Let me know when you think you are done, and verify any questions/concerns about your PC's special starting items.
I think Ellith is ready to go.
Got an image and everything.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Brondulm's sheet is updated.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by TheMyth »

Edeldhur wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:00 am
TheMyth wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:48 am I have unlocked ROLL CALL.

Rex, I think Myrrh is approved, so you may post the sheet there after you add the two special items detailed in the STARTING ITEMS DISCUSSION thread. (Vowbound Sword & Phylactery of the Righteous).

Everyone else --

Let me know when you think you are done, and verify any questions/concerns about your PC's special starting items.
I think Ellith is ready to go.
Got an image and everything.

Cool pic.

Two things need to be added to the character sheet: the Cooshee and the Circlet!

Circlet of Second Sight - a simple silver band that gives an Elf supernatural senses. The Elf gains the ability to Find Secret Doors with a 4-in-6 (2 in 6 if not actively looking), The Elf may also cast Detect Danger 1x/day and use True Seeing (for only 1 round, but a # of rounds per day equal to the Elf's level).

Cooshee - normally the size of ponies; this is a "miniature" version about the size of a golden retriever.
Armour Class: 5 [14]
Hit Dice: 2 (11hp)
Attacks: 1 × bite (1d6) or 1 x pounce (2d4)
THAC0: 17 [+2]
Movement: 180’ (60’) or sprint at 240' (80')
Saving Throws: D12 W13 P13 B15 S15 (as E2)
Special talents: 60' Infravision, Tracking by scent or sound, Sprint, Pounce, understands Elf & common, Hide in nature/shadows like Halfling, Resounding Bark

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by TheMyth »

Darithe wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:28 am Here's my first draft of Liadine "Lia" Whelean:

Lia.jpg

Lia looks almost done.

Her special spells (to be added to her "spellbook" of available spells) as a Cleric of Shalamar are listed under the New Spells thread: Bless Growth, Entangle, Sanctuary

Her special starting items need to be added to the character sheet:

Healer's kit - contains 20 bandages and vials of healing balms, emetics, and antivenoms that can either heal d4 hit points of damage each day to each person tended, or allow another saving throw to neutralize poison, disease, or nature-based impairment. After used for 1 day, the kit must be replenished either by paying for re-supplies or roleplaying acquiring more herbs.

Wand of Vines - this long, slender wand is carved with winding vines. For 1 charge, the wand will shoot forth a liana that will tangle around a creature that fails to Save vs. Wands, keeping it bound and gagged for 1 turn. For 2 charges, the wand will duplicate an Entangle spell. For 3 charges, the wand can conjure a Wall of Thorns. The wand has 7 charges, but will regenerate 1 charge per day not used if exposed to at least 1 hour of sunlight.

Other than these additions, the character looksready for ROLL CALL.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#70 Post by Edeldhur »

TheMyth wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:20 pm Two things need to be added to the character sheet: the Cooshee and the Circlet!

Circlet of Second Sight - a simple silver band that gives an Elf supernatural senses. The Elf gains the ability to Find Secret Doors with a 4-in-6 (2 in 6 if not actively looking), The Elf may also cast Detect Danger 1x/day and use True Seeing (for only 1 round, but a # of rounds per day equal to the Elf's level).

Cooshee - normally the size of ponies; this is a "miniature" version about the size of a golden retriever.
Special talents: 60' Infravision, Tracking by scent or sound, Sprint, Pounce, understands Elf & common, Hide in nature/shadows like Halfling, Resounding Bark
Sweet! Thanks!
I am trying to add them, but the Cooshee (which will be named Faron) is giving me a hard time to put all the info in the Notes section. Should I just split it in different notes?

Question - what is Resounding Bark? ;)

Love the circlet!

EDIT: All done now.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#71 Post by TheMyth »

Edeldhur wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:33 am
TheMyth wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:20 pm Two things need to be added to the character sheet: the Cooshee and the Circlet!

Sweet! Thanks!
I am trying to add them, but the Cooshee (which will be named Faron) is giving me a hard time to put all the info in the Notes section. Should I just split it in different notes?

Question - what is Resounding Bark? ;)

Love the circlet!

EDIT: All done now.
Cooshee do not normally bark. But when they do, the bark can easily be heard a mile away. It is LOUD. In close proximity, I might allow to provoke a morale check against weak opponents.

Found a problem: Languages. Elves start with Elf, Common, Orc, Hobgoblin, and Gnoll. And you said you would take Canine for the INT bonus.

Fix and please post in ROLL CALL. 😁

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#72 Post by Edeldhur »

Fixed and done.
And I finally understood how notes work!

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#73 Post by TheMyth »

Edeldhur wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:49 pm Fixed and done.
And I finally understood how notes work!

And if there are more than 2 boxes, it goes off the page to the right!

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by TheMyth »

Dicey

Strength 17
Intelligence 10
Wisdom 9
Dexterity 16
Constitution 13
Charisma 16
Gold 5

Think about what you want to play, and if you can do it with these stats. I will re-roll once if requested.

Players may swap GOLD with any other stat. Once a class is chosen, players may swap points (as described under "3. Adjust Ability Scores) to raise the character's Prime Requisite(s).

Check for each Character Class's perks in the House Rules.

Starting gold is GOLD stat x10gp. Buy any equipment you wish.

PCs start with maximum hit points at level 1.

Anything unclear, or you want something special, just ask! You may not get what you want right away, but it may give me roleplaying ideas.

Create your character in this thread. We will tweak things after you provide a short background (including receiving some DM gifts!)

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#75 Post by Dicey »

Thank u Mr. Myth! I’m up for trying any class. It seems from Roll Call the party is two clerics, a thief and elf. Do they need a fighter? With the high Strength that seems logical.

I’ll -2 Int. to 8 for +1 to Str. = 18

5 / 50 gp sounds tight to equip up, and too low to switch a stat. Though maybe Charisma and he’ll be quite homely! I’ll have to see what 50 gp gets.

The OSE web site is handy to click around to the sections. It’s like stepping back into a simpler time. Less is more in a sense. What is left unsaid leaves volumes to player imagination. A fighter could be a knight, paladin or barbarian. The stats are all the same, its the story and how one plays him that makes the character what you want.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by TheMyth »

Dicey wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:17 pm Thank u Mr. Myth! I’m up for trying any class. It seems from Roll Call the party is two clerics, a thief and elf. Do they need a fighter? With the high Strength that seems logical.

I’ll -2 Int. to 8 for +1 to Str. = 18
Technichally, that is against the rules. Stats may only drop to 9. Besides, 17 is pretty darn good anyway!

That being said, choose a class YOU want to play.

In pbp, you never know who will disappear or who may join. I can fill in most gaps in time.

5 / 50 gp sounds tight to equip up, and too low to switch a stat. Though maybe Charisma and he’ll be quite homely! I’ll have to see what 50 gp gets.

The OSE web site is handy to click around to the sections. It’s like stepping back into a simpler time. Less is more in a sense. What is left unsaid leaves volumes to player imagination. A fighter could be a knight, paladin or barbarian. The stats are all the same, its the story and how one plays him that makes the character what you want.
And that's why I like it! Plus, I often use equipment and magic items to specialize a class for a player. For instance, one Cleric right now is sort of a paladin, Elves are often de facto rangers, etc.

You have much to consider....

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#77 Post by Dicey »

Thanks Mr. Myth. Str. 17 it is then. I’ll go with a dwarf. Running the numbers, 50 gp is too little to afford proper equipment, weapon and armor. A fighter type with no armor seems unwise, unless you’re Conan, so I’ll switch GP for Charisma and wear a bag over me head :lol: So if this is okay, I’ll figure out how to use the character sheets.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by TheMyth »

Dicey wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:39 pm Thanks Mr. Myth. Str. 17 it is then. I’ll go with a dwarf. Running the numbers, 50 gp is too little to afford proper equipment, weapon and armor. A fighter type with no armor seems unwise, unless you’re Conan, so I’ll switch GP for Charisma and wear a bag over me head :lol: So if this is okay, I’ll figure out how to use the character sheets.
The choice, as always, is yours. Play with the sheets, think about your characters, and craft a SHORT background (1-3 sentences is usually a good start).

Once I see a draft from you, I will craft 2 minor (usually) magic items for the character.

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#79 Post by Dicey »

Hi Mr. Myth, here is my character sheet for your review!

Gold expenditure:

160 gp

backpack - 5
rope - 1
oil - 2
rations - 5
flint/steel - 3
torches - 1
waterskin - 1
Sword - 10
Dagger - 3
Short Bow - 25
Quiver arrows (2) - 10
Plate armor - 60
Shield - 10

Total: 136 gp

160-136=24 gp remaining

Thanks!

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by TheMyth »

That pic....YIKES!

Good find.

Would you like Gromp's "mysterious tattoo" to be one of his starting magic items?

Return to “TheMyth's OSE Adventures in Tegel County (OSE)”