Re: OOC chat

#42 Post by gurusql »

Your game, your call :D

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#43 Post by Edeldhur »

TheMyth wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:26 pm I have some campaign rumors prepared for the PCs. They might never be pertinent, but you can use them however you wish.

I just have one question (actually two....):

Would you like the rumors sent individually by PM?

Or should I just put them in one public post and let you see them all at once?
PM! ;)

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by TheMyth »

Edeldhur wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:53 pm
TheMyth wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:26 pm I have some campaign rumors prepared for the PCs. They might never be pertinent, but you can use them however you wish.

I just have one question (actually two....):

Would you like the rumors sent individually by PM?

Or should I just put them in one public post and let you see them all at once?
PM! ;)
Rumors are being sent via PM after players get their PCs approved and post their character sheet in ROLL CALL. :shock:

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by TheMyth »

Announcement:

I have removed gurusql from the group.

Be advised the party's Magic-User is now gone.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by Edeldhur »

No Magic User is bad :roll:

EDIT: Wait, I am a magic user, so now all magic user loot will be for me! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rex »

Bummer. I am still here but my cleric isn't a magic-user.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by TheMyth »

Rex wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:41 pm Bummer. I am still here but my cleric isn't a magic-user.
Well, recruitment is still open. And there a few rando magic types on "the game board" (so to speak).

You may not need one for a first delve into...*dum-dum-DUM*....

The Dangerous Dungeons of Derfingel Marsh!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Rex »

We will find out soon enough, which is the whole idea after all.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by BaltoBruiser »

theMyth have you considered running anther as a NPC? I am not trying to make things more difficult but it might maintain the balance we have as a party. Plus there was some investment in that character that you might not want to lose.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by TheMyth »

BaltoBruiser wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:42 am theMyth have you considered running anther as a NPC? I am not trying to make things more difficult but it might maintain the balance we have as a party. Plus there was some investment in that character that you might not want to lose.
I prefer not to play someone else's creation unless it is a/ temporary or b/ published for public use.

If the group finds that a Wizarding sort is needed, the village is an hour away. As I said, I have a few MU types wandering about, and I am prepping an NPC to be available for recruitment later.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#52 Post by Edeldhur »

BaltoBruiser wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:42 am theMyth have you considered running anther as a NPC? I am not trying to make things more difficult but it might maintain the balance we have as a party. Plus there was some investment in that character that you might not want to lose.
My Int is as good/bad as my Str, so I can always go more wizardly and less slashingly ;)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Rex »

I think we just play it out and see how it goes. If need be we can make an adjustment later. Maybe I have an odd style but MU's have always been the least played class in games I have played in and we have done just fine.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by TheMyth »

Rex wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:13 pm I think we just play it out and see how it goes. If need be we can make an adjustment later. Maybe I have an odd style but MU's have always been the least played class in games I have played in and we have done just fine.
It seems like most players feel like the "1 spell and done" default is literally a dead end. It takes a creative player to figure out other things to do while the fighter, dwarf, and elf are meleeing the orcs.

For instance, I had a player use all 4 of his Sleep spells before the group got to the main adventure site. He wanted to just turn around and go back to town! Eventually, I just slid a useful minor wand into the treasure to stop the whining.

That's when I decided to make up these cute little magic items at CharGen. Adds some flavor while also helping compensate for class shortcomings. (And thus keeping play moving longer.)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Rex »

Not a bad idea. I have seen some really creative play with magic-users, they just are not my style of play.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Is anyone mapping? and is everyone good with the marching order? Are the halfling tracks obvious enough that Brondulm can follow them or should Vali or Cinders put their skills to use?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rex »

If I map it will be pencil and paper. If you are OK with that I can. Not sure how the DM plans on handling maps, many post maps.

I am fine with the marching order.

Edeldhur
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#58 Post by Edeldhur »

Good with the marching order.
We'll need to hear from TheMyth regarding mapping I think.

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by TheMyth »

Rex wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:24 am If I map it will be pencil and paper. If you are OK with that I can. Not sure how the DM plans on handling maps, many post maps.

Omg, if one or more of you would map, I'll totally give you some minor in-game perks just for making my job easier! Lol

TheMyth
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by TheMyth »

TheMyth wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:35 pm
Rex wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:24 am If I map it will be pencil and paper. If you are OK with that I can. Not sure how the DM plans on handling maps, many post maps.

Omg, if one or more of you would map, I'll totally give you some minor in-game perks just for making my job easier! Lol
P.S. I will take care of difficult maps, but these first few should be easy for players to handle.

Return to “TheMyth's OSE Adventures in Tegel County (OSE)”