The Stone Pond & Beyond

hedgeknight
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

The Stone Pond & Beyond

#1 Post by hedgeknight »

At the Stone Pond, Allean and Gurkan begin a plan of action...

Allean - I would love a glass of tea, but I am in need of herbs. I must gather as many as I can. I have a large list and need to get on with it. Do you happen to know where I can Find some Dingle-berry Dand-al-ions. I have no idea what they look like and this guy wants 2 sprigs for his brewery. And I need some healing herbs for a poultice to heal some friends too. And there is the need for a Long Bow so I am looking to find a long stave to make one. If you would be willing to help me gather some then yes I have time to enjoy some tea.

The kindly druid, Worliwynn, nods and smiles. "Alright then, follow me. I wouldn't be a good host if I didn't already have a pot over the fire."
She leads Allean and Gurkan (and Lulu) to a small, natural shelter where she lives. The open-air shelter is closed in on three sides, with the front open and facing the Stone Pond. A fire pit has been carefully dug just inside the shelter and indeed a kettle hangs over the fire, already steaming. A bowl of mushrooms sits on a small hand-carved table. As Worliwynn fetches three cups and a small container of tea, Gurkan tells his tale.

Gurkan - yes i'll take some tea if'n ya got time, you got anything for Lulu? just watch yer fingers or do you mind if she hunts?
A tale for certain: the Diobel navy brought us here. The pirates seized us from the expanse, attempting to sell us. I reckon they could have fetched a better price for her than for me. As soon as they loosened my shackles, I broke someone's jaw. Luckily, the navy were good men, but as kind-hearted as they were, they weren't keen on making the journey all the way back to the expanse.

"Well then," Worliwynn says with a sigh as she pours three cups of tea. She offers honey for sweetening, but nothing else. The tea smells faintly of lemon and mint. Once settled, she looks at Allean's list and says, "Dingleberry Dandies tend to grow in a small clearing just a short walk from here. Should be able to find a suitable piece of wood for a bow seeing as we had an ice storm a few months back and several trees snapped from the effects of it. As for a poultice, what do you need it for? I have several herbs drying right now."
She points up at the ceiling where many bundles of herbs are tied up to dry.
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: The Stone Pond & Beyond

#2 Post by Darklin2 »

Alle follows the Old Druid to her living quarters. So how long have you lived out here? Seems like a lonely life for someone in such good spirits. Well I need some Mustard root. Yellow Dandelion Greens, MayApple Leaf and several morel mushrooms. The Mustard and Mayapples make a paste for adhering the poultice to the wound.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Belkregos »

Gurkan
takes a sip of the tea and then gently allows Lulu to lap from the cup. Contentment settles over him as he relishes the simple pleasures of the outdoors and the companionship surrounding him.
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by hedgeknight »

Darklin2 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:06 pm Alle follows the Old Druid to her living quarters. So how long have you lived out here? Seems like a lonely life for someone in such good spirits. Well I need some Mustard root. Yellow Dandelion Greens, MayApple Leaf and several morel mushrooms. The Mustard and Mayapples make a paste for adhering the poultice to the wound.
"Oh my, I've lived here for...going on 30 years now. Believe it or not, I was once a young girl like yourself," Worliwynn says with a chuckle. She sips her tea and listens to Alle read her list. "Mustard root I have, and there are plenty of morels to pick just in the edge of the woods where the morning sun filters through the canopy. Same for Mayapples, although you may have some company in that endeavor. "Chuck" loves him so Mayapple blossoms. He's a grumpy old fellow, but not too aggressive if approached quietly. Who did you say again you needed these for?"
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Belkregos »

Guskan
is content to listen to the others talk and spend time with Lulu
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Darklin2 »

Allee accept the tea and sips it slowly.

I am gathering these herbs for the brewery in town, mainly to sweeten up the flavor of the next batch of brew they are planning. And some are for making healing poultices for my new found companions. We are planning an underground trip into the Cannery. Has been some kind of subterranean activity and their basement was vandalised. I am more of an outdoorsy person but got to find some way to make the money I lost on the ship that sank. My goods for resale all went down with it. Chuck? Who is Chuck and why is he grumpy?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by hedgeknight »

Worliwynn chuckles and says, "Chuck is a...beaver. And he loves mayapples. He's a bit ornery, but allows me to have my way when I need something on his turf."
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Darklin2 »

Alle. Continues the small talk with the woman until her tea is gone. Once done gathers her things.

We must press on to make the most of the day. Lets see what we can find out there at the woods edge. We will keep an eye out for Chuck. Thanks again for the tea. What herbs would you be willing to share?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by hedgeknight »

"Well, like I said, I have mustard root, dried mushrooms, mint, feverbalm, rosemary, belramba, palmath and a bit of mandrake."
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Darklin2 »

Well that sounds like it might work for most of what I need. What will you take for the lot? I think I have 6 gold to my name but what is the cost. I could take the time to find it all but that is something I might not have. They are wanting to head back down tomorrow and finish off the kobolds so they can get paid. Never hurts to have a Healing bag full of herbs.

She sorts through her bag and manages to find some silver and a few gold. Know I got more here some place.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by hedgeknight »

"Ah, a few silver will be nice. Whatever you feel is worth my time gathering and drying them out. I'm a simple woman; I don't need much."
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by Darklin2 »

Well how about a gold piece. It saves me time and I appreciate the effort. Thank you. I will stop back by in a few days and see how you are doing. Thanks for your hospitality but I think it is time for us to go. I still need to find a bow blank.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by hedgeknight »

The druidess Worliwynn accepts the gold piece and wraps the herbs in separate pieces of cloth. As she hands them to Alle, she smiles and says, "Blessings upon you, my child. And upon you too, young warrior from the wilds," she says to Gurkan.
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Belkregos »

Gurkan comes up from his playful wrestling with Lulu with a genuine smile and nods

mam, Lulu really seems to like it here, would you mind if she roams the area, she can surely help the ecosystem. 
where the town needs me to go is not the best environment for her.
i'll come back and check on her, and if you think it better once i get enough gold for the trip back i'll go back to the expanse with her

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Darklin2 »

Our Goodbyes said, Alle heads outside and look to the treeline wondering where the best place to find a bow blank would be. Sure there has to be something up there will all the trees going down. Maybe I can find a couple. Shouldn't be to hard to get one fixed up to see if it will work well.

She heads off towards the trees. So what did you make of that kind Old Lady? Must be some kind of protector of the area.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by hedgeknight »

Worliwynn bids you both farewell, generously allowing Lulu to stay with her or roam wild as the creature sees fit. You don't have far to go into the woods to find some suitable options to make a bow. Several downed trees lie about with good wood, not yet rotted or ruined.
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Darklin2 »

Alle will select two pieces that are fit to make a long bow. Checking for nots and defects. Making sure there are no cuts or marks on ghe out side that could have damaged the fibers of the wood.

These two look like they will work well. Anything you need to do out here Gurkan before we return back to town. I have most of the herbs I need but will keep an eye open as we walk back. Never know what you might see.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by hedgeknight »

For good interactions with Worliwynn, Alle and Gurkan each receive 50 xp!
Winter is coming...

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Darklin2 »

Alle decides to stop by the library and do some research on a couple of spells she has questions about and so info on some of the herbs she is looking for.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by Belkregos »

Gurkan seems a bit somber since leaving Lulu behind

i'll head to the fishery, im ready to finish what we started,if you see anyone from the band let'em know im ready

Gurkan heads to the fishery

Return to “Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion (Pathfinder 2e)”