OOC I

thirdkingdom
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC I

#201 Post by kalstone »

I think I made a pretty big mistake. In the Strigi Seer class description here it says that they cast spells as druids, which I took to mean that they follow the druid spell progression and get 1 spell at 1st level. However, I just looked at the description in the Lake of Abominations and the spell progression chart there only gives a 1st level spell starting at level 2.

It looks like everything else matches up, so I assume that Tiarsus should not be able to cast a 1st level spell yet. Is that correct?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by thirdkingdom »

kalstone wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:07 pm I think I made a pretty big mistake. In the Strigi Seer class description here it says that they cast spells as druids, which I took to mean that they follow the druid spell progression and get 1 spell at 1st level. However, I just looked at the description in the Lake of Abominations and the spell progression chart there only gives a 1st level spell starting at level 2.

It looks like everything else matches up, so I assume that Tiarsus should not be able to cast a 1st level spell yet. Is that correct?
I believe so, but let me go back through and look. The character in the pool should be written up correctly, I believe.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#203 Post by kalstone »

I don't think there was a spell progression in the character pool, but I may have accidentally deleted it.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by shaidar »

I've added some general shopping to my character sheet. I might do some more depending on how it goes with the incense and whether or not there are any healing supplies available.

TK, can you give us an idea of what our monthly up keeps costs will be, thanks.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:40 pm I've added some general shopping to my character sheet. I might do some more depending on how it goes with the incense and whether or not there are any healing supplies available.

TK, can you give us an idea of what our monthly up keeps costs will be, thanks.
It's going to be based on your level at the end of the month.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#206 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Did i miss the post where each character's portion of the loot was calculated? I know TK awarded 1,250 XP was it in that post? Sorry, I am trying to figure out how Brooku is going to buy holy water at the temple with Atticus.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#207 Post by thirdkingdom »

thirdkingdom wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:46 pm As is my wont during pbp games I tend to boost the awards that PCs get to move things along more quickly. The most valuable item you have found thus far is the necklace, worth 2,500 gp, plus some miscellaneous treasure.

You all retrieve 3,000 gp worth of liquid assets (some of the stuff, like the incense and the strange wand-like weapon you found on the dead brigand in the spider's lair, have not been valued and will need to be sold), divided five ways, for a total of 600 gp each.

You defeated a bunch of monsters: a stone guardian, two giant black widow spiders, some skeletons, some zombies.

Each PC gets a total of 1,250 XP. This amount is prior to any XP modifications you get from high ability scores.
Each PC gets 600 gp each.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#208 Post by VonAlric »

Just to be sure, I don't see anything in the rules that say there is a penalty to climbing in chain. Can you help clarify that?
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by sulldawga »

Probably worth holding onto the Firelance. We'll get some ammo for it sooner or later.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by thirdkingdom »

VonAlric wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:46 am Just to be sure, I don't see anything in the rules that say there is a penalty to climbing in chain. Can you help clarify that?
I don't think there is a penalty in OSE.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by sulldawga »

We should all contribute to a party fund to pay for things like Identify spells, oil flasks, healing potions, holy water flasks, etc...

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by shaidar »

That makes good sense.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by thirdkingdom »

All standard mundane equipment can be purchased, no problem. I'm not sure I want to get into the nitty gritty of selling old armor or gear at this point.

Dicey
Tracker
Tracker

#214 Post by Dicey »

Hi all, looking forward to dying playing with you all! My Dirk the Dervish sheet is posted.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#215 Post by kalstone »

Welcome aboard!

Tiarsus doesn't have a lot of equipment to buy, so he can pitch in 500 gp to the party fund.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by sulldawga »

Dicey wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:00 pm Hi all, looking forward to dying playing with you all! My Dirk the Dervish sheet is posted.
Welcome!

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#217 Post by thirdkingdom »

Dicey wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:00 pm Hi all, looking forward to dying playing with you all! My Dirk the Dervish sheet is posted.
I typically like to integrate new PCs as quickly and smoothly into the party. Dirk shows up, says hey, is implicitly trusted and accepted by the party.

~~~~~

For you, Dicey, the PCs are back to town after their first successful delve. As soon as they are healed will be heading back, I'm guessing.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#218 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Welcome Dicey!

Brooku is going to want to change whatever remaining gold he has over to something more easily carried like a gem or bank his treasure. I think we each character contributes 500 GP to a "general adventuring fund" we will have plenty to resupply ourselves and the goblins but may have excess which we should bank. Somehow a cyclopskin might not get the best rates at the bank nor a sheep or owl man....

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by shaidar »

Welcome dicey!

Return to “The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings (BX/OSE)”