Game. On the Road in Thaemor.

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Game. On the Road in Thaemor.

#21 Post by tibbius »

" You look like nice friendly people," you hear from the window. A moment passes and then the door opens. A wave of good food smells emerges. "Come in." The person speaking is a middle aged woman with her head shaved except for a high grey ponytail.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by shaidar »

Hopkirk heads towards the door.

"Thank you ma'am, it's very kind of you to invite us in. Maybe there's something we can do for you to repay your hospitality."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by tibbius »

There's enough extra food to make a sparse meal for the three of you (Randar, Hopkirk, and Janks).

Your host is the head of a group of four middle-aged people, three women and a man. They are all within about ten years age from each other and have vaguely similar facial features. At a guess, they're siblings. They interact like siblings, anyway.

"Oh, no worries," says the man when Hopkirk offers some kind of repayment. "Just watch out for those margr. They're a nuisance! And you don't wanna piss em off."
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by cybersavant »

Randar enters last and sits near the door. "Many thanks. Anywhere inside is preferable to staying outside. This is more than expected."
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by tibbius »

Dinner is finished and of course you help tidy up.

There is not room in the house to be comfortable, but the barn is warm from the animals and the hay is not too scratchy. You settle in ...

... you wake up to faint sounds of whooping and hollering, and the unmistakable noise of the crawler starting up.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by shaidar »

Hopkirk grabs his dirk and rushes to the door of the barn and peers outside.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by tibbius »

There are a number of child-sized people hanging all over the crawler and cheering each other on. With an unpleasant grinding noise, the crawler lurches into motion ...
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by cybersavant »

Rendar grabs his old, thin piece of pipe with an elbow joint welded on the end and follows.
gaming since 1980

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by shaidar »

Hopkirk tries to count how there are, and looks around for a way he might sneak closer.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by tibbius »

There are probably eight or nine of the smallish creatures shouting and cheering and now jeering at the three of you as the crawler moves away a little faster than a walking pace. A light goes on in the farmhouse.

"Should we chase em?" asks Janks. He's holding a weird looking object with both hands. It looks kind of ... gun-like. "Blow em away?" He seems eager yet hesitant.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by cybersavant »

Randar "We're on the hook for the crawler - plus we need it for travel." He starts forward to follow the crawler, but off parallel to the side a bit.
gaming since 1980

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by shaidar »

Hopkirk

"Yeah, we need to stop them"

He knocks an arrow. "Stop, stop or I'll shoot! " he calls out

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by tibbius »

Janks takes heed to Hopkirk's words and levels his odd weapon toward the shadowy shapes on the crawler. With a staccato ripping noise the device emits flashes of light that streak toward the crawler. One of the creatures hanging on the back of the crawler shrieks and flops to the ground. With a lurch, the crawler shifts into higher speed and moves away more quickly. The remaining passengers are moving to put the bulk of the crawler between them and you.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by shaidar »

Hopkirk

Seeing the crawler speed up he fires off his arrow then runs off after it.

(Not sure what I need to roll for the arrow)

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by cybersavant »

Randar increases his speed to get in front of it before it gets going too fast, slightly angling toward it so as to intercept it's path..
gaming since 1980

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by tibbius »

shaidar wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:29 am Hopkirk

Seeing the crawler speed up he fires off his arrow then runs off after it.

(Not sure what I need to roll for the arrow)
Just roll your Hit Die - I think it's d8 missile - and if it's greater than 2 (the margrs' armor class) you take one out. I'll roll for you this time.

Another of the small creatures convulses and falls from the crawler as Hopkirk's arrow strikes.

The crawler is moving at about a running speed.

If you want to catch it, tell me what you (expect), what would be (better), and roll STR ...
(worse) is that you slip and fall in the mud
(much worse) is that you injure yourself when you fall
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by shaidar »

Hopkirk runs after the crawler, hoping he can jump on its back (better), or at least catch up with it (expected):

STR: [_2d6]=(4+4)=8

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by cybersavant »

cybersavant wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:08 am Randar increases his speed to get in front of it before it gets going too fast, slightly angling toward it so as to intercept it's path..

expect to come even with crawler and grab onto the side, better would be to come up in front of it , causing them to stop or veer to the side
worse would be to miss and enter the road behind it, much worse either to trip and fall or be shot at
str 2 (d6+d6)
gaming since 1980

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by tibbius »

Sprinting full out, Randar and Hopkirk catch up to the crawler. Janks jogs behind them, less urgently.

Another of the margr collapses off the crawler.

You're next to the crawler. One of the margr bleats at you angrily. What now?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by shaidar »

Hopkirk

Hopkirk tries to leap into the crawler:

Better = lands on the crawler, knocking a margr off.
expected = lands on the crawler
Worse = misses
Much Worse = misses and injures himself

STR: [_2d6]=(1+4)=5

Return to “Numenera (Fail States RPG)”