The Cave Of The Unknown

OGRE MAGE
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Cave Of The Unknown

#321 Post by sastaz »

Sylla keeps holding her tounge since quite a few of her companions have spoken up already, keeping on her toes since the situation does not seem to be de-escalating at the pace she would prefer.

Guys, we have a streak of low-ish CHA scores doing lot of the talking now. I don't know if CHA mod is factored into NPC reactions but we could consider focus the talking to the PCs with CHA bonus in critical situations like this? And yes, this is just my personal opinion, not trying to get in the way of RP, everyone's right to do what they want, YMMV, etcterea etcetera.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

The Half-Orc chuckles at the hooded man's Longspear comment, and then immediately regrets it, wincing in pain from his wounds. Then he is impressed as his foe handles his spear like a seasoned warrior. "I am Dredd. We came from the Keep. Like my heavily armored companion said, we don't know any Abercrombie fellow."
Winter is coming...

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#323 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Now hearing they have mistaken them for agents of this Abercrombie, Magdal lowers her bow, mostly out of concern for the injured.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#324 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Leaving The One Cave
Born Every Minute
Partly Cloudy, Early Afternoon

The man with the crossbow walks forward a few steps until he stands directly over the fallen Meinhardt. When Stobart suggests aiding Renna, he points the weapon at the cleric with a stern look. "Uh uh ah! I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Sylla and Magdal notice that the situation isn't really deescalating like they hoped, yet the ranger continues to hold her drawn arrow.

Once Crobeus sheaths his sword, the action instantly resumes. The fighter near Dredd spins the spear around once more, this time shoving it into the guts of the half-orc, who is saved only by his armor when the blade doesn't penetrate. "SHIT! Idiots is one," he shouts, clearly angry that he couldn't finish off what he started with his surprise attack. (stupid nat 1's) :lol:

The other man with the crossbow leans down to grab ahold of the unconscious Meinhardt, dragging him back towards the briar trail as he mocks his friend. "Of all the possible times to flub a sucker stab, you pick this one?" With his crossbow still aimed at the distant group, he continues to make off with the groups mysterious mage Meinhardt.

Actions?

IMG_3629.jpeg
IMG_3629.jpeg (102.26 KiB) Viewed 18283 times
Magdal Haldeene AC7 15/16
Pimlan Greenstride AC6 7/9
Sylla Lontharra AC5 6/6 CLW, CLW, Command
Stobart Galt AC5 10/10 CLW, CLW
Dredd AC3 4/16
Meinhardt AC10 -2/5 MM, MM, Sleep Unconscious
Crobeus AC3 1/10 LOH
Renna Kellamin AC4 -3/9 CLW, CLW Unconscious

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

Seeing the man attempt to leave with Meinhardt, he commands him to "Sleep!"

I think he's just in range

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna remains unconscious.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#327 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

When the bandit reaches down to grab Meinhardt, Crobeus snaps into action. Grabbing his spear, he hurls it at the bandit attempting to steal their companion. He then moves forward.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#328 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pim not having the ability to heal wounds will see what is going on and move to where the "action is" slowly.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

The Half-Orc cries out in surprise and draws his broadsword. "You tricky bastard! Eat steel!"
Broadsword: [1d20+1]=19+1=20 [2d4+3]=6+3=9
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#330 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Leaving The One Cave
Dastardly Duo

Pim watches things unfold with great interest, slowly moving towards the action. With no ranged weapon of her own, Sylla wonders if magic would be in order here.

Dredd and the fighter who sucker stabbed him start up another vicious melee battle. The half-orc administers a great slash with his sword, causing the man a nasty wound that clearly catches him off guard. His counter attack is not as effective, but with Dredd already on his last bit of health, the blow is enough to knock the half-orc to the ground unconscious. 5 dam

Crobeus launches his spear about as far as he can throw it at the man near Meinhardt, who sees it coming and knocks it away at the last second. As the Paladin charges, the man retrieves his crossbow just in time to send the loaded bolt flying into the armored threat, slipping past his defenses and poking into flesh. 3 dam With Crobeus already badly injured himself, he too falls to the ground after being shot.

Magdal is certain that these men are up to no good, so she fires her arrow into the man fighting Dredd, hitting him in the shoulder and almost enticing him to charge at the remainder of the group. He shouts out in obvious anger. "You're all fucking DEAD!!!" He lets out a loud angry howl as he rips the arrow back out of the wound and throws it to the ground before stomping on it with his boot.

Stobart shows Sylla how it's done, using his prayers to Command one of the men to sleep. The brute falls over onto the unconscious mage, snoring loudly as soon as he hits the ground. For the first time, you can see fear in the eyes of the man still standing.

Actions?

Red Square=Injured
Green Square=Sleeping
IMG_3629.jpeg
IMG_3629.jpeg (93.25 KiB) Viewed 18216 times
Stobart Galt AC5 10/10 CLW, CLW, Command
Dredd AC3 -1/16 Unconscious
Crobeus AC3 -2/10 LOH Unconscious

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

Realising the short window of opportunity...

"Quickly, everyone... Charge!!!"

He runs full pelt towards the remaining man, staff at the ready.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna thinks about charging knowing that is the right thing to do, but decides to not move instead since she is unconscious.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#333 Post by Darithe »

Magdal

Magdal furious at what they did to her two companions curses dropping her bow and drawing two blades, charging forward with a shout, though her inexperience gets the best of her.

Charging attack: [1d20]=1

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by sastaz »

Sylla

Yea, I was thinking about a spell as well but I was under the impression that a Charm was impossible once the party had attacked, but reading the full description of the spell now it says the caster. Andy Sylla did not attack.

Sylla takes a few steps forward and shouts "no, we must stop this madness, we are all on the same side, this is a terrible misunderstanding!"

She turns to the last enemy and says with tension in her voice: "you must see that I'm right?"

Then she casts Charm Person at him.

Please everyone DO NOT attack until we see if the spell takes effect, thanks.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#335 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan hears someone he thinks say charge so he draws out his javelin and takes aim for the one with the crossbow.

Javelin [1d20]=15 to hit, [1d6]=3 dmg
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#336 Post by OGRE MAGE »

For future reference, it’s unacceptable to suggest others hold their attacks for any reason that wasn’t discussed beforehand. It’s even more egregious to do so after others have already posted their actions.

Leaving The One Cave
Dastardly Duo

Sylla starts talking again, aggravated when none of her upright remaining companions listens to a word she says. The man she is trying to enchant ignores her as well, once the others charge.

He leaps to the side of his fallen friend with extreme concern, slapping him awake as Pimlan throws his javelin, hitting the conscious man in the back of his leg, enticing another loud growl.

Magdal follows Stobarts lead and charges alongside the cleric. Her anger over their betrayal causes her normal sure-footedness to falter, tripping her up a bit before she reaches the target, and cutting off Stobart’s path to attack.

By the time they’re both righted, so are the burly fighters, who turn to face their enemy combatants with a violent sneer on their ugly cowled faces. “You two little birdies should fly back to your nest before you get yourselves killed!” They ready themselves to attack.

Actions?

Red Square=Injured
Green Square=Sleeping

I will post an updated map asap.
Stobart Galt AC5 10/10 CLW, CLW, Command
Dredd AC3 -1/16 Unconscious
Crobeus AC3 -2/10 LOH Unconscious

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna doesn't move.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by hedgeknight »

Dredd

Bleeding out, the Half-Orc thinks he hears talk of birds and smiles slightly as a big yellow ostrich-like bird waves at him from behind some trees. The big yellow bird is at least 7-foot tall. Wow! That's a really Big Bird.
He thinks to himself, feeling very tired and sleepy.
Winter is coming...

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by shaidar »

Stobart takes a defensive stance, staff ready to deflect any attack from the men.

"I'm guessing you and your friends do a lot of travelling in your business. Do you really want to murder a priest of the Dweller on the Horizon, and piss off his priesthood? That sounds like more trouble than it's worth, the clergy have a long memory. I'm a man of discretion, why don't you let us take our friends and be on our way, and we won't bother each other. Sounds like a lot less hassle than the other way. "

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#340 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry gang! I am trying to work out how to deal with a recurring issue and it's literally stripping away every ounce of my creativity and desire to continue doing this for you.

Return to “Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 “Return to Kendall Keep” (1e)”