Where To Next?

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Where To Next?

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Since I intend to keep this campaign running indefinitely, I will need to come up with a clever way to tie this adventure to the next, whichever that may be. I suspect by the time we clear out the Borderlands, we will need something around the 3rd-5th level range, but I’m sure I can modify almost anything slightly higher or lower.

I know we talked about this in the recruitment thread already, but please feel free to drop any suggestions you might like to play, and hopefully we can get a conversation started on where to go once this adventure is over.

With 16 players, we will obviously need to trim down the numbers a little along the way to get back to a reasonable sized party. I expect to lose a few players through natural attrition, as always seems to be the case. I also expect we will lose a few characters to grisly fates along the way, as you may have noticed can happen already.

So, any suggestions for a low to mid level adventure we can play next?

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Where To Next?

#2 Post by Jernau35 »

You could stick with the Silver Anniversary modules and do Against the Giants: The Liberation of Geoff. It has a plot (set 20 years later from G1-3) of an invasion of Geoff, Sterich and The Yeomanry. It has suggestions of starting points for 1st level, mid-level and high-level groups. (It contains G1-3 but they don't have to be included in the plot).
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

I am not familiar with that at all, but sounds like it would be interesting. There is also a Return to White Plume Mountain in that series. I enjoyed the original White Plume Mountain.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by hedgeknight »

Since we are in the Yeomanry, there are plenty of locations nearby for adventure, whether it is a published module or a sandbox type of adventure, there are so many possibilities...years worth of gaming opportunities in this region. :)
Attachments
Yeomanry Regional Map.JPG
Yeomanry Regional Map.JPG (150.99 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Winter is coming...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#5 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I looked through my piles and I apparently don't own the Giant series 25th anniversary module. :( (looks like a good choice though)

I do have a few 2E things in the collection, but not nearly as many choices as my 1E stuff.

I know this one had some interest in our interim conversation. This would fit well with the level ranges, so does anyone have any other thoughts about it? Yea? Nay? Maybe? Any other suggestions?
Amber.jpg
Amber.jpg (442.78 KiB) Viewed 376 times

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

I haven't played it (player or DM), so that would be good by me.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#7 Post by Scott308 »

We didn't get very far when it was run, so I'd be down for playing this one.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by hedgeknight »

An early adventure for our gaming group back in the 80's.
I don't remember too much of it; loads of fun though.
Winter is coming...

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by sastaz »

I'd definitely be up for that. It's supposed to be a bit of a funhouse dungeon - if not the first one in the D&D line even? Clark Ashton Smith based to a large degree - which is good. Also Tom Moldvay, which is good as well. One thing to consider (or not) is to use the Goodman Games version that came out a few years ago. It expanded on the original one, and people in the know have said it's a respectful treatment. For what it's worth.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Stirling »

Spearmint started it once before he went sick a few years ago. We got just a foot inside the door but no further. I would be fine with it.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I vaguely remember joining a giants game on here at one time but that was years back barely remember what we did and I believe I joined the game more than halfway through. So I don't remember much but there might be info still in the archived games.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Jernau35 »

One of the few our gaming group completed to the end back in the '80s. Unfortunately I have large chunks of it stuck in my head. :(

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by gurusql »

One I do not own.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#14 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Jernau35 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:10 am One of the few our gaming group completed to the end back in the '80s. Unfortunately I have large chunks of it stuck in my head. :(
That's bad news for Gyb. :lol:

Maybe we can come up with another option.

Or, perhaps I could modify the crap out of it to make it unrecognizable to your impressive 40 year memory. :mrgreen:

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by ateno »

The only thing I remember about it is a npc who asks for a set of chainmail that he puts over his magic chainmail (what?) and a big axe.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

I am not advocating for more work on your part, but if you decide you want to I suspect you will have plenty of time to modify it.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Jernau35 »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:50 pm
Jernau35 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:10 am One of the few our gaming group completed to the end back in the '80s. Unfortunately I have large chunks of it stuck in my head. :(
That's bad news for Gyb. :lol:
Not really. All he has to do is slip through the secret door in the third room on the left, avoid the pit trap in the room with the stuffed tiger, use a mirror to defeat the Medusa, walk backwards down the long hall, remembering to dance with the statue of the princess, take a banana from the fruit bowl in the dining room to bribe the angry gorilla under the bridge, climb onto the dias on the left and turn the axe three times to activate the teleport, give the leprechaun at least 500gp to use the magic carpet, then follow the right-hand tributary of the purple river to the wizard's tower. Then he can just wait outside the door until the rest of the party catches up. Easy. :D
Or, perhaps I could modify the crap out of it to make it unrecognizable to your impressive 40 year memory. :mrgreen:
What can I say? Funhouse dungeons just turn a boy's head :oops:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Jernau35 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:35 pm
Not really. All he has to do is slip through the secret door in the third room on the left, avoid the pit trap in the room with the stuffed tiger, use a mirror to defeat the Medusa, walk backwards down the long hall, remembering to dance with the statue of the princess, take a banana from the fruit bowl in the dining room to bribe the angry gorilla under the bridge, climb onto the dias on the left and turn the axe three times to activate the teleport, give the leprechaun at least 500gp to use the magic carpet, then follow the right-hand tributary of the purple river to the wizard's tower. Then he can just wait outside the door until the rest of the party catches up. Easy. :D
See, I think you're kidding, but I would play that dungeon. :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#19 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ya, me too!

Incredibly creative!

Why aren't you running games on here? :mrgreen:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Rex »

I would play that too! Almost reminds me of Castle Xyntillan.

Return to “Revisiting the Classics: Mod 1 “Return to Kendall Keep” (1e)”