"I'd share the floor with anyone."

Keya

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

Re: (14) The Green Man Inn

#23 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-Dwarf Fighter

He responds to Keya and Rida, Sure, if you don’t mind some snoring! Me farts should smell nice and sweet for a few days!

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by ateno »

Hotgoblin wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:59 pm Loyn-Dwarf Fighter

He responds to Keya and Rida, Sure, if you don’t mind some snoring! Me farts should smell nice and sweet for a few days!
"I will pay one less copper for each one of those. HA HA.

Keya

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rex »

Rida

"I don't care, used to live in a barracks."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#26 Post by OGRE MAGE »

ravenn4544 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:03 pm Haldric too looks to find a room, or share one if needed, and rest and make peace with his benefactor. He'll rest, first, and see what the others are planning before making the time to make his way to the chapel in the keep.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Calista nods at Loyn and Crabgrass.

"That does sound like the stories I have heard over the years from fledgling explorers such as yourselves. Traps, injuries, and walking all the way back with little to show for it." She smiles.

Both empty rooms are bought and paid for, so folks start to decide who will sleep where tonight.

"Those monsters out there might not be as dumb as you think. Three times now they have banded together and tried to overrun this Keep. And all three times we were able to chase them off."

Hotgoblin

#28 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-Dwarf Fighter

To Calista…“Hmmm…Them banding together is odd, they must be annoyed with all the adventurers coming from the keep. When was the last time and did they attack all sides of the keep or just certain areas? Also, how did you chase them off, since weapons are off limits inside here.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

Eventually, Bugs will drop off some gear in the room with Crabgrass. He spends some time examining the room for secret passages and false compartments.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

Pending reading my spell books and writings, if Bugs wants, I can cast Identify upon the kobold egg and hopefully discern any truths about it.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#31 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hotgoblin wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:28 pm Loyn-Dwarf Fighter

To Calista…“Hmmm…Them banding together is odd, they must be annoyed with all the adventurers coming from the keep. When was the last time and did they attack all sides of the keep or just certain areas? Also, how did you chase them off, since weapons are off limits inside here.
"It has been a while now. I'd say at least 5 years ago or so. I suppose they would get sick of people like you guys breaking into their caves to kill them and steal their stuff."

"They had a few different techniques, and tried new things each time, but they were never able to penetrate the Keep's high walls. And just because you are not allowed to carry open weapons inside, doesn't mean we have nothing here to defend ourselves. The guards and wall patrol all have weapons, and little Mouse keeps all the working ballista mounted on the towers in good working order."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#32 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bugs and Grass don't find anything suspicious about either rented room.

Crabgrass agrees to use magic to help identify what the egg (or the wand) might be.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

"Sure. But is it even magic? Would the spell work, or do we need, like, a cleric or farmer? Bugs is on board with the mage's plan, as long as it doesn't mean breaking the egg.

Hotgoblin

#34 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-Dwar Fighter

“Good to hear that Calista…Keeping the folks safe inside is top priority. I’ll see you later.” He heads out toward the tavern.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by ateno »

Keya follow Loyn to tavern.

Keya

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

Will cast Identify upon the egg, sharing with Bugs any conclusions. After resting and then studying his arcane mage books and psalms for devotions, he will be free to adventure again after a couple of days.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass

Spending the night in study and prayer, he casts his Identify spell upon the egg that Bugs so lovingly incubates.

Holding it in meditation and under arcane scrutiny, he muses on feelings and perceptions, eventually concluding, "Bugs, it is an egg of a Copper Dragon, reaching its final stages of gestational growth and readying for imminent hatching. Days probably, weeks at most, certainly it won't be months away."

Exciting, he has never actually seen a real life dragon let alone watched one hatch.

He hands the egg (and responsibility) back to Bugs.

"If you raise it up I might be able to tutor it some ways of Faith and Magic."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

He's a bit disappointed in the copper diagnosis. "Copper, huh? So not as valuable as Gold. Pity. But still valuable, right? Oh! Are Copper Dragons the bitey evil ones or the bitey wise ones?"

Bugs then hears what was said about imminence. "Really?! A few days? Oh, man. That would be great. Do you think it's more valuable hatched or in egg form?"

Taking the egg and placing it in a nest of blankets on his bed, Bugs sits with it and starts singing gnomish lullabys. "Daddy Bugsy has to go out for a bit, eggy, but he'll be back. Uncle Crabgrass will stay with you while he rests. See you soon."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Stirling »

Crabgrass
Taking the egg and placing it in a nest of blankets on his bed, Bugs sits with it and starts singing gnomish lullabys. "Daddy Bugsy has to go out for a bit, eggy, but he'll be back. Uncle Crabgrass will stay with you while he rests. See you soon."
I will be fine spending time in the bedroom for the day, I need recover a few hours rest, post Identify spell and also put in some study hours and prayer to renew my spells.

I can use my CLW to heal myself up on the next day.

Crabgrass: casts Cure Light Wounds [1d8]=4

If you want me to try any Identify upon the bone wand, I can do that too.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Stirling wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:23 pm If you want me to try any Identify upon the bone wand, I can do that too.
IF you're okay with identifying the wand, that would be nice. But since it would knock you down for longer, it's your call. Bugs doesn't know too much about the process, so doesn't want to ask too much.

Return to “Areas of the Keep”