Entering the City

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Entering the City

#41 Post by Raven Crowking »

"You can see Good Gentles," says Folgo, "that Folgo is known to all, the lowest of the low and the highest of the high. Now, with what entertainments shall we maze away this night, or do you feel more sharply the need for rest? By all the gods that are, that ever have been, or that are to come in days yet unknown, I feel in my bones that tomorrow morning shall be fair and bright!"

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#42 Post by Dogma »

"What entertainments shall we be tryin'?" exclaimed Willem,"Why all and sundry it be! Tonight we shall be makin' merry afor we return to the crypts below on the morrow. To much strange and bizarre has gone on today to be aworryin' about what may be comin'. Folgo, show us what wonders this city be offerin'... to which ever merriments you be leadin' we will be a followin' ye."

OOC: RC, do you use any of the carousing rules that are floating around the interwebs?

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#43 Post by Raven Crowking »

I suppose that this is a good time to start. :lol:

caveman
Guide
Guide

#44 Post by caveman »

Milner is feeling conservative and does not carouse. He fills out his shopping list and stands ready to reenter the dungeon. He will, of course, pick up the pieces if others roll the dice.
Knave: Cedric the Defrauded Outlaw
Level 1 HP 8 Armor Defense 12
Str 11 Dex 11 Con 13 Int 13 Wis 14 Cha 12
(sinewy broken-faced but rosy cheeked, oily pompador, frayed tunic, courteous manner, but irascible tendencies, and squeaky voiced)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13hM ... sp=sharing

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#45 Post by Raven Crowking »

Roll on this one, if you dare. I will interpret the results through a DCC/Shanthopal lens: http://grsdm.wikia.com/wiki/Carousing_Table

(I will have to design a specific one at some point)

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#46 Post by Dogma »

Raven Crowking wrote:Roll on this one, if you dare. I will interpret the results through a DCC/Shanthopal lens: http://grsdm.wikia.com/wiki/Carousing_Table

(I will have to design a specific one at some point)
The other carousing rules I've read generally have an monetary cost you put up and then a save roll of some sort. If you make the save you get a small bit of XP, if you fail, then you roll on the table. Just want to be clear that you just want me to roll for results on the table.

if so, here is the roll (to speed things ups :D :[1d100] = 22 21-22 Your character pledges his service and eternal friendship to a total stranger

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by Raven Crowking »

The night passes in merriment or rest, depending upon the character.

At some point, Willem drunkenly swears eternal fealty to a gentleman wearing checked yellow and green garments who was generous with buying drinks. Will that come back to haunt him? We shall see.

At another point, it becomes clear that Folgo is not going home this evening. "And why should I?" he says, lifting an ale jack with an unsteady hand. "I love my family dearly, friends, dearly I do. You hear that?" he roars. "Folgo loves his family! I lover her so much that I let her keep that butcher's boy. She knows I have returned, and when she has sent the other packing, she will send for Folgo. O la! She will berate me for not coming home sooner, for being a drunk with drunken friends....but Folgo knows. And she knows Folgo knows, bless her untrue heart. So tonight Folgo drinks! And waits for tomorrow.....perhaps tomorrow. Is that not ever the way?"

Dumnbunny
Tracker
Tracker

#48 Post by Dumnbunny »

Jed, feeling very much out of his element, excuses himself and makes his way to his room, there to spend some time in quiet contemplation of Nergal before getting a good night's rest.
Jed [AC: 14, HP: 9/10, Deity Disapproval: 1-2], Murq [AC: 13, 8/8]

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by Raven Crowking »

And in the morning? What do you wish to do?

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#50 Post by Dogma »

Willem picks himself up off the floor and stumbles to the window. Leaning partway out, he vomits over the edge and into the street below. With a groan he slumps back to the floor, leaning against the wall. "Never again. I will never drink again as long as I live."

caveman
Guide
Guide

#51 Post by caveman »

Milner makes preparations to enter the Dungeon of Crows.
(sinewy broken-faced but rosy cheeked, oily pompador, frayed tunic, courteous manner, but irascible tendencies, and squeaky voiced)

caveman
Guide
Guide

#52 Post by caveman »

Milner would like to do some basic maintenance on his arms and armor, buy some more flasks of oil (set up with wicks), torches and then travel back to the Dungeon of Crows with his companions. If that takes a couple of days that's ok.

Dumnbunny
Tracker
Tracker

#53 Post by Dumnbunny »

Jed, finding Milner's eagerness to explore the Dungeon of Crows infectious, prepares to return. He goes out into the common areas of the inn to see if Folgo is about.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by Raven Crowking »

It is not hard to find Folgo. Nor is it difficult to do any standard maintenance in Shanthopal. Is there anything specific that needs doing?

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by Dogma »

Willem would like to pick up a couple a hand axes and Jonas would like to pick up a mace and a sling and ammo.

How many days ave gone by so I know ow much luck Willem as gained back?

caveman
Guide
Guide

#56 Post by caveman »

Milner just dropped 10 silver on basic upkeep and a few sundrys. Hes ready.

Raven Crowking
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#57 Post by Raven Crowking »

As far as I am concerned you can be outfitted and ready to go within two days. However, if Luck recovery is an issue, you may wish to wait longer. Up to you.

Really, if you wanted to head into the Dungeon of Crows late, after dealing with your gear, you could do so the night of the first day. Again, up to you.

Arrival Day
First Day -> could go by night
Second Day -> could go in morning
Later -> could wait to replenish Luck.

Minimum expenditure per day of waiting, for food, drink, and shelter in the inn: 2 sp per person.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by Dogma »

Willem was down to having only 3 luck point when we went through the portal. With the two day wait he'd be up to 5. I suggest we wait another four days to get him back up to his full luck score of 9. That would give him 18 points he could use or give away to others.

caveman
Guide
Guide

#59 Post by caveman »

Deal. Milner will pay up the silver and hang tough. He listens assiduously to any and all stories of wizards and their towers. He has it in his head to one day see the inside of one.

Dumnbunny
Tracker
Tracker

#60 Post by Dumnbunny »

Jed, also being down on his luck, easily agrees to the recovery time.

Return to “DCC RPG Barrowmaze”