UE Issue #4 Prelude: Montage

gurusql
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

UE Issue #4 Prelude: Montage

#1 Post by shaidar »

Umbra stood in front of The Crusaders, smiling, not that they could see his face. He held his hand out:

"It's good to finally meet you all. I heard what you did fighting the Leech and his kidnappers, and decided it was time to do my part. I've come to my powers relatively recently. I know the suit is pretty dark and imtimidating, but don't worry, I'm a god fearing man."

While his english is almost perfect there is a hint of an accent, something middle eastern.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: UE Issue #4 Prelude: Montage

#2 Post by Leitz »

A male, older teen/early twenties, stepped forward and grinned. He wore a red plaid shirt and comfortable jeans. "Your suit looks cool! I'm Knight Light, and for the summer I've lived here a lot. Wind Dragon cooks some awesome stuff, and I hate getting food on my uniform. Where's your accent from?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by shaidar »

Umbra

"Food is important, a good meal is what helps bring a family together. I was born in Egypt, but my parents brought me to the US many years ago now."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Good to meet you Umbra. I am Azir. I am sometimes accused of being a little dark myself, but like you am God fearing."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by shaidar »

Umbra

"So, who wants to show me around? Where do you train?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

Azir

"I can show you around."

Azir will show him the house and share what she knows about the area as well.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by shaidar »

Umbra

"Thank you Azir. I don't know how much you have been told about me, but my main skills are my martial arts. These are bolstered by my ability to access the shadow realm. I'm still learning about it, but it's another dimension that lies contiguously with our own, and I can access it to draw energy and substance, like my obsidian armour. It also infuses my body and gives me unusual strength and quickness. I also have some other powers which I think you'll like, but it might be fun to surprise you when we train. I have a good feeling about joining the group."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Very interesting. My powers are pretty straightforward really. Physically speaking I am just much much more so than a normal human or even most other supers really. If you need something picked up or thrown I am your girl. I am interested in your shadow stuff. I can see pretty well in the dark, I wonder if I can see better in your shadow stuff too?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by shaidar »

Umbra

"I can see in the dark too. Currently my powers are mainly aimed at bolstering my body, rather than summoning shadow energy in a larger area, but as I use my powers and learn more about the shadow realm I am able to do more. When I first got my powers I could barely summon my armour, now I can do this... "

Whispy shadows stream from his back and solidify into wings

"...so who knows what I might be able to do in the future. "

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

Azir

"Very impressive."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Leitz »

Knight Light (in teen boy mode) started to follow Azir and Umbra, and then stopped. He looked back at Eclipse, grinned, and then walked back to the living room. "Maybe they are better off without me, right now."

Knight Light had a bit more of a tan on him, and a bit more confidence. He had talked about the honeymoon in Hawai'i; learning to scuba dive in Hanauma Bay, and trying all kinds of food. Like many, he was grossed out by spam sushi, but he did try a bite. He wore his ring proudly when in civilian clothes, but put it on a steel chain around his neck when in uniform.

"So, how are you feeling?" KL asked. "My dad was in the hospital for a bit too. Kinda scary seeing him like that. Did you mind us visiting you? Did the reporter lady bug you too much?"

Getting himself another soda from the fridge, and holding one up to Eclipse if he wants one, KL added. "Any ideas about the other super Agent McGinley mentioned? I haven't seen him, or her. Have you?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse takes the can of soda

"Thanks. I'm fine now. I've never felt anything quite like that. I guess as a super you think you're almost invincible, and them something like that happens. I was glad to see you all there. They had to tell my family I'd been in an accident on my bike. Before Dos Sesos left he helped me tweak my force-field to provide some protection from that kind of attack in the future. I haven't heard anything about the other new hero, but Umbra seems OK. "

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Leitz »

"Glad you're doing better, and getting better. I learned to fly. Not real fast yet, but it's a start." He shrugged. "Most of what I can do comes from assuming the movies are right. Not sure how things got into the movies, though."

"The other thing I've been doing is trying to think through some options. In the movies, the light sabre was the thing. But that's 'cause it's flashy. I didn't really like the idea of the Force blast at first, 'cause the Emperor was the only one that used it. He didn't do so well, either." KL grinned. "But I love the way it pushes people away! That wasn't in the movie...I wonder why? I'm still getting the hang of moving things with the Force, too."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by shaidar »

Eclipse

"Flying?" he smiles "There is something special about flying, when you are up there in the quiet, looking down at the people going about their business, well it makes me realise why I want to be a hero. As for the other stuff, I'm sure you'll work it out. That light saber always seemed rather dangerous too me. Just remember that your powers do not make you the hero, they are just tools. It's what you do with them that makes you the hero." he laughs " Wow, that was rather deep. "

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »

Azir

"I am glad to be back together and extra glad to hear you are feeling better Eclipse. As the old curse goes, To live in interesting times. I can now does this thing with my appearance and change it some"

She changes into her secret ID form.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rex »

Grimm

"I am looking forward to working with everyone, I am just learning about myself really but I recently discovered I come from a long line of individuals who have a knack for locating other meta-humans."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Leitz »

"Well, I need to practice grabbing people on the move, you mind being a target?" Knight Light said. "Anything I can help you with?"

If they get to practicing, KL will change into his uniform. He's getting faster, but still nothing like Azir. He'll keep his strength down, since the focus is just the active grab.

This is where wrong-footing the opponent could be handy. Half move to get into position, then hold half an action. The segment before your next move, do the grab. Then, if you win Initiative over your opponent, you get to go again, with them still held. That's the theory, anyway...

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rex »

Grimm

"Sure, do we have a dedicated area for practice?"

Grimm will attempt to prevent KL from grabbing him without hurting him.

Would his ability to detect weakness work here or is that offensive only?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Leitz »

"Mostly just the basement, unless we go outside after dark or go into town." Knight Light replied.

KLs goal is just to grab, then next segment move him a foot or so. It is Str vs Str, but there are storms in the area so our network is shut down. Not sure if Find Weakness works for that, it is against defenses. Thats a DM call.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by gurusql »

The Find Weakness is a power that lets you find and target that weak spot in the enemies defenses. It can target someones base PD/ED or someones armor/force field. If successful that part of the defense is cut in half. Not sure I am answering the right question.

Return to “United Earth (Champions 5th Edition (HERO))”