Episode 3 - Civic Temple

SilverBen
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Episode 3 - Civic Temple

#41 Post by Urson »

Mudlark
Yar. Prime and tasty. I hope you can all swim. Mudlark chuckles uneasily, knowing her own swimming is barely more than a way to drown more slowly.
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Rex »

Vatn

"As it happens I can, and I have been told I am handy on a ship as well. Noden is quite good in the water as well. Of course I am a cleric of the Njord."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#43 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nesta looks over the sextant carefully, noting all of its many movements and functions. He tries to determine where and by who it was made, looking for any obvious makers marks.

“This may be right in our proverbial wheelhouse then Vatn, for I too am an excellent swimmer and diver. Working as a coral farmer has improved my breath length considerably.”

“And, I may know just the person who could help us with this map. A neighbor of mine, Siggard Snellson, in the Guildhouse District, is a former sea captain. I would be willing to bet that he knows where this atoll is. He might even be able to tell us how to get there as well.”

“I suggest we copy this map before returning the device.”

If there are no objections, Nesta will do so.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Rex »

Vatn

"Making a copy is an excellent idea Nesta. It does seem that we may be destined, or at least nudged into seeing where this map leads. It is unwise to ignore the hints of the Gods."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by sastaz »

Thorily looks a bit surprised at Nesta, whatever that means.

"That's actually not a bad idea. Yea, we should start by trying to find out what this map even depicts. I mean, I hope for a treasure, don't we all, but let's not take any risks without knowing the rewards. And besides, we'd have to pay up for a ship and a crew to take us there, so we better consider it worth our while. If we decide to go, I know someone we could visit to make our trip safer. If we pay for it."

She clears her throat.

"Anyway. We should try to keep a low profile while doing our research. Word travels fast around here, and a lot of people would love to get their hands on this map if rumors were to start spreading."

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by SilverBen »

Rex wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:53 pm Vatn

"As it happens I can, and I have been told I am handy on a ship as well. Noden is quite good in the water as well. Of course I am a cleric of the Njord."
As soon as Vatn finishes his statement, a resonating bark issues from behind the closed doors to the Hospice room followed by a high-pitched whine of anticipation.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rex »

Vatn

"Quite Norden, people are resting."

Are we to the library yet.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by Darithe »

Tove

She too peers at the map, and wonders if this might be something the backpack owner might value even more than the sextant. "I have done my fair share of sailing, though I am no expert," she remarks though she is still unsure if such a trip would be prudent since we know nothing about the map's destination or purpose. But it doesn't hurt to make further inquiries. She wonders if the owner of the backpack, might be willing to share information about the map...though he didn't appear to be the friendly sort. She follows the others to the library.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Urson »

Mudlark
If Nesta is going to talk to this Captain, Mudlark will tag along.
FA FO

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by SilverBen »

Rex wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:43 pm Vatn

"Quite Norden, people are resting."

Are we to the library yet.
@rex, yes, Vatn will lead the party to the Library in Episode 4 and I am waiting to learn which characters will follow Vatn, or perhaps follow Nesta to the Guilds District in Episode 5.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#51 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Nesta studies the picture on the driftwood.

"Should we remain together for now? I don't see a reason to rush any of these tasks. Unless some of you prefer to split off and tackle two things at once?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rex »

Vatn

"I would prefer we all stay together for our library visit with Priest Mundi. I feel this could impact everyone. We can deal with the sextant and map after."

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#53 Post by SilverBen »

the narrative to our game continues in episode 4

Return to “Light of Lost Souls (BX)”