Action Thread 16

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 16

#41 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Till urges Jeloon forward to the fork in the road, where the smell of trash grows stronger.
Jeloon doesn't hesitate to lead down the south by southwest passage until she gets to the fork. She'll quickly look (and smell) down both branches to get an idea of what lies down each before picking one.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 9:54 a

Hussling down to the intersection you stop (at the red X) and Jeloon, as well as the rest of you, can tell that the cavern to your south is, absolutely, where the rancid smell is coming from. The moist rottingness of the cavern, as well as the smell making your eyes tear, it's hard to use infravision to see what's going on in there. But from what you can see, smell and hear there's lot of rotting food, and buzzing flies in that room.

It's so strong it's even smelling unappealing to Jeloon.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (29.48 KiB) Viewed 1102 times

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van (left outside the tunnels)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#43 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:It's so strong it's even smelling unappealing to Jeloon.
"Even me no want to go in there if not have to." Jeloon says. "Me check dis way quick." she finishes, hurrying off to the east and taking a quick look down the north and south passages.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#44 Post by Alethan »

Till sticks close behind Jeloon, so as to make sure nobody is ever by themselves...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Argennian »

Yosef keeps pace with the others, growing more and more concerned the further they go. When they get to the intersection where the rotting smell is originating, he will do his best to not physically push the cleric ahead of him and away to follow the others! :)

As they move forward, he'll ask Bruard if he sees anything unsual with the magical helm. "What does the helm reveal to you? Anything about this place or these rooms? Could you see what was causing that awful stink?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#46 Post by Alethan »

IOC: as far as I remember, Mitch, the helm gives him infravision like the rest of us, unless he uses the magical power to detect secret doors. Don't think it does anything else...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:IOC: as far as I remember, Mitch, the helm gives him infravision like the rest of us, unless he uses the magical power to detect secret doors. Don't think it does anything else...
True seeing is a bit more powerful than just secret doors. But he can use that power 3x per day.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#48 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:
Alethan wrote:IOC: as far as I remember, Mitch, the helm gives him infravision like the rest of us, unless he uses the magical power to detect secret doors. Don't think it does anything else...
True seeing is a bit more powerful than just secret doors. But he can use that power 3x per day.
True. Invisible things, too, I suppose...

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Argennian »

Yosef can't help but think of his dear, departed friend, Dravic, as he and the others make their way further down and into the underground labyrinth. He tries to calm his racing heart and keeps vigilant at the rearguard, hoping against hope that it will stay free and clear!

OOC: Yeah, the helm's infravision & secret door/passages detection is handy but it's some of that other stuff I was hoping we might extrapolate something on! :?
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#50 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote:Yosef keeps pace with the others, growing more and more concerned the further they go. When they get to the intersection where the rotting smell is originating, he will do his best to not physically push the cleric ahead of him and away to follow the others! :)

As they move forward, he'll ask Bruard if he sees anything unsual with the magical helm. "What does the helm reveal to you? Anything about this place or these rooms? Could you see what was causing that awful stink?"
Bruard glances into the stinky room, and sees (assuming) nothing with his infravision helm. He does not linger nor use the other features of his helm at this point. The stench is, I assume, almost more than can be handled, thus he hurries off with Yosef, following Till and Jeloon. As he moves forward, he mutters I'm going to find that rat bastard and bash in his rat head...
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 9:55 a

Okay, moving quickly away from the stink to the next intersection you can see that both forks seem to lead to caverns. The one to the north is dark and quiet, infravision not really helping there much, doesn't seem to be much to see. The fork to the southeast definitely leads to a wet room of sorts. You can hear drips of water echoing from that room, and can tell that the passages slants down a bit toward the water. You can also see that the water pools up a bit into the passage, but seems to have a pretty definite stopping point. In otherwords it seems to come about 5' out of the room and into the cavern and stop as the ground rises above it.

As always I've stopped you at the red X. There's nothing else to be seen, no movement, nothing to be heard, except for drips, and nothing to be smelled except for the lingering rancid food smell.

HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef ; 5 - Van (left outside the tunnels)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#52 Post by Alethan »

"Rats ain't gonna go in the water," Till hisses quietly. "Let's try North, first..."

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#53 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:"Rats ain't gonna go in the water," Till hisses quietly. "Let's try North, first..."
Jeloon, agreeing with Till's logic, keeps her shield held high and sword at the ready as she rushes into the "empty" cavern to the north.
-- Project --
-- DM --

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#54 Post by ToniXX »

Alethan wrote:"Rats ain't gonna go in the water," Till hisses quietly. "Let's try North, first..."
Bruard nods in agreement and follows Jeloon's lead towards the north.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Argennian »

"Agreed," Yosef concedes to Bruard's intentions and Till's decision to head north. He looks back the way they came to see if the party is being followed.

As the others begin to make their way north, he'll back into the northern passage but will keep his eyes peeled toward the watery passage for a few moments before following.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 9:57 a

Moving quickly and carefully into the room, it looks empty. As you scan though, you can see that there are holes dug into the walls. They seem haphazardly placed, except that they are all between 1' to 3' off the floor. There are too many to get a quick count, but it seems in most of them have what looks like the top end of a wine bottle sticking out of them. This all leads you to believe that the holes in the wall are some sort of funky wine rack.

Keeping a weather eye on the water room, Yosef doesn't note anything of concern. Seems to be a cavern filled with water.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (41.04 KiB) Viewed 1051 times

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#57 Post by Alethan »

"It's a damned wine cellar... I bet the nasty things are hiding out in the stinky refuse pit back there."

Till raises his left eyebrow as an idea strikes him.

"But maybe we can draw the bastard king out..."

He pulls one of the wine bottles out of a hole in the wall and throws it against the opposite wall, hopefully smashing it and making a noise to indicate as such.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by rredmond »

The bottle is covered in dirt over dust. It's been here a while, and when you smash it a noisome smell of what must be pure alcohol assails everyone's senses.
Not pure as in grain that you use to get loopy on as kids, but pure as in cleans out wounds and stinks like a quasit when applied to an open wound. What must've once been wine has not aged well.
Alas no rats come pouring forth.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by Alethan »

A twinkle sparks in Till's eye as he catches a whiff of the almost pure alcohol fumes wafting from the broken bottle.

"Looks like we have ourselves a new source for firebombs..." he thinks aloud as he grabs two more bottles.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#60 Post by dmw71 »

"Where'd dose blasted rats go!" Jeloon growls, growing increasingly frustrated. "Me ready to go in stinky room if me have to." she says. "Or, maybe they go other way?" she says, indicating the room she stormed past earlier.

"Me go in stinky room?" she asks.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”