OOC - Episode 2

SilverBen
SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

OOC - Episode 2

#1 Post by SilverBen »

Please post Questions, Discussion, and Comments on Episode 2 here.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC - Episode 2

#2 Post by SilverBen »

I believe this is an example of Rex's dry humor, that is also welcomed in the OOC Chat!
Rex wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:26 pm Vatn

Vatn should probably be third in the order with Mudlark first ...

I will leave the rolling to someone else since we want a chance at catching him.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery: “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.”

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

A little bit yes, but it is also true. I am pretty sure I am the only individual running a character on this board who has a 3 attribute they rolled with 4d6 drop the lowest.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by SilverBen »

Rex wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:12 pm A little bit yes, but it is also true. I am pretty sure I am the only individual running a character on this board who has a 3 attribute they rolled with 4d6 drop the lowest.
:lol:

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by SilverBen »

Shortcuts through the Slums
SilverBen wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:07 pm Yes, @Bob! Great idea to have Mudlark take a shortcut to a known location! That will bring additional XP for Mudlark, but let's end the discussion here and continue to plan in the OOC Episode 2 chat.
Unfortunately, I don't have time to comment now because sunset is less than 30 minutes away before the Sabbath. I'll read any comments and continue Sat night after nightfall. All comments welcomed.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by SilverBen »

@Rex, please roll 1d100 for chase results for Vatn in Round 1. He's in the leading half of the party in pursuit of the boy behind Thrainel and Nesta.

A reminder that 1d100 = 01 - 70 results in the theif maintaining distance, 71 - 90 results in watch out, ovstacle ahead, etc...

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by SilverBen »

SilverBen wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:40 pm Shortcuts through the Slums
SilverBen wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:07 pm Yes, @Bob! Great idea to have Mudlark take a shortcut to a known location! That will bring additional XP for Mudlark, but let's end the discussion here and continue to plan in the OOC Episode 2 chat.
@Bob, taking a shortcut will require at least one trap or encounter en route to the orphanage where Mudlark knows Gavanette is heading for safety. I have some ideas but want to get yours first before we create a separate thread for Mudlark's shortcut. Do you have a few suggestions? Do any other players have suggestions for a trap or obstacle for Bob's theif to face in the tight alleyways of Ravenglass?

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by SilverBen »

Welcome back, Rob.

To all players, I'm planning to post Round 2 tonight or tomorrow. I have Passover preparations taking over and struggling to make sneak in time for a complete post.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

OK, Enjoy Passover!

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by SilverBen »

SilverBen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:52 am
Well, just goes to show you that DMs also suffer critical fails! That was totally unexpected but I'm going to run with it. :lol:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

And the dice show the way!

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by sastaz »

SilverBen wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:56 pm To all players, I'm planning to post Round 2 tonight or tomorrow. I have Passover preparations taking over and struggling to make sneak in time for a complete post.
Enjoy!

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Urson »

:roll: Making up Thief's Cant on the fly gives me a headache. :mrgreen:
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rex »

That is why I own The Canting Crew by GG. LOL

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#15 Post by OGRE MAGE »

SilverBen wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:56 pm Welcome back, Rob.
Thanks! :D

We had a blast!

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by SilverBen »

Urson wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:16 pm :roll: Making up Thief's Cant on the fly gives me a headache. :mrgreen:
Rex wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:20 pm That is why I own The Canting Crew by GG. LOL
Well, @Bob and @ Rex, both of you are far more sophisticated than I am for the thief's cant. Don't let me hold you back from enjoying but pardon me if I ask for clarity. :)

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by SilverBen »

@Rex, I made a slight edit on your post #17 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:38 pm

The sextant is contained in the backpack and not visible.

SilverBen
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by SilverBen »

Severity of Ganavette's injuries, randomly determined by 1d100

1-70 = Moderate
71-90 = Serious, not life threatening
91-96 = Severe, life threatening, survival probable
97-00 = Critical, survival uncertain

Severity of Ganavette's injuries [1d100]=22

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rex »

SilverBen wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:05 pm @Rex, I made a slight edit on your post #17 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:38 pm

The sextant is contained in the backpack and not visible.
OK, thanks.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Urson »

That's why I included the 'Cant to English' translation. :lol: I took some inspiration from Cockney Rhyming slang.
FA FO

Return to “Light of Lost Souls (BX)”