IC:1 The village, from afar

Leitz
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IC:1 The village, from afar

#41 Post by jemmus »

Kerecsen briefly pauses to tweak each moustache and briefly observe the situation. Well done friends Farid and Louis, Louis and Farid!, he says. Bravo! The Adventurer pauses and smiles. "One adventurer, one riot. Indeedd!"

Yes, a depraved disgrace to the church! [b]Kerecsen[/b] cried. You oily "landsknechts--" and you evil farmers who should know better-- You will not forget this day!didn't have to spur Ördög, he merely had to lean forward and quietly say, Alright then, go ahead. The horse tossed his his head and leapt forward toward the priest hustling away in his flapping and smelly vestments. The horseman drew his honed saber and held it in the cavalryman's sabering position. Tip forward, wrist rolled and edge up. Ready to pierce the target through, turn in the saddle, and let the mount's forward motion to extract the blade from the body as one rides past. The practiced sabering attack of a light hussar.

The tall, sleek black horse bounds toward the arms-flailing priest. The rider lowers and turns his saber's blade in the last instants. The flat of the blade strikes the cleric's buttocks and sends the sprawling forward into the slop. Kerecsen and the horse gallop past, stop, and the horse wheels around. Oops! A little too hard of a touch there! Sorry! I meant to draw the blade back a little before impact. I won't forget our day in this village, friends! He touches his hand to the villagers in salute as he gallops past.

The horseman follows the group and glimpses someone who looks the artist Vermeri ahead on the road. He mumbles to himself, Vermeri? Or not? He's late, and now touches spurs to the dark horses flank in earnest. He arrives at house in the hills in time to see the Tuscan artist Vermeri enter, and the wooden door with the inverted and cocked inverted V of the sigil of the League of Adventurers swing closed. "Vermeri chose right," he thinks. "Someone led him right home." He dismounts, ties his reins, swings the door open, and looks around. "Well done, lads! Louis, Farid. And Vermeri leading us home. What's on the kettle? Lamb I hope, if not chicken or beef." He claps Louis on the shoulder. "I think the oily lads in the village-- got just a little more oily. But let's see to the chaplain."

Kerecsen's good cheer soon turns to quiet concern at the German fraulein chaplain's deep hands and shoulder injuries. He looks around the room. This is not easy or light, friends. This is a desperate attempt escape with one's life. From a sincere attempt to murder, fire.

For all of his fake aplomb, the former hussar sits by the fireplace and turns his hands over, examining them and contemplating this and that....
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by shaidar »

Louis

"It is a sad time when a man of god spurs his flock to murder." he sighs, unusually pensive "Unfortunately I have seen this far too often. If we stay too long the priest may find some reinforcements."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

Farid

"Unfortunately it is more common than not in these times. We need to learn more about what is going on in the village."

Return to “The Absent Professor (Fate Core)”