Wanted: Bold Adventurers

Tamerlaine
Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

Wanted: Bold Adventurers

#1 Post by Tamerlaine »

Our Heroes are a ragtag band whose thirst for adventure leads them to follow the road to Altdorf trodden by many from the Empire’s countryside and smaller towns. Altdorf, the vast and bustling capital of the Empire, where the streets are paved with gold and anything is possible.

You're sadly on foot headed for Altdorf by road. You really don't know each other, coming together only out of necessity for its safer as a group than to travel the roads alone. You figure Altdorf is two days away...by coach. You know walking to the city could take as much as a week and your immediate concern is securing a place on a coach that will stop and take you.

It is the month of Jahrdrung and it is almost evening. Mud has caked your boots and the edges of your cloaks or long coats. You're sick of the cold, intermittent drizzle that has soaked your clothes. You're hungry, thirsty, and wishing for a downy bed or even a pallet of straw.

Then you see it...up ahead! In the growing gloom as the day's glaucous rays began to recede, a pinpoint of light, a flame in a lantern, a wall, a wide open gate...you recognize a coaching inn ahead.

Please take a moment to introduce your character. Tell me what I'm seeing on this dark, wet road surrounded by stark dark trees. Who are you? You're not the inn yet.

Hadarai
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Wanted: Bold Adventurers

#2 Post by Hadarai »

Bart

The diminutive Halfling trudged along the road grumbling when the drizzles came and slouched over to shield the possesion he carried. When the weather would clear he would stand up straight again and you could see what he had in his arms was a small short haired brown dog wearing a collar made of braided rat tails.

"Now don't you go fussing around on me Ladybird, you're not the one out here walkin' in this weather getting your fur soaked. You should count yourself so lucky, most Catchers would sooner kick their partner down the road rather than carry them. But I ain't one of them ain't I? So count your blessings and quit that whinging girl."

He tred to flip his normally curly mustard colored hair into his his green linen coif but the strands slowly wormed their way out onto his face after a while. He eyed the trees as the sun began to set, he could feel a shiver start to run up his spine and he knew it wasn't from the weather. Trying to distract himself he did what he always did when he felt anxious and opened his mouth.

"Another beautiful day in the glorious Empire am I right? Out here catching Manaan's spittle and getting caked with mud, we can't get to that inn soon enough I say. Where are my manners I haven't introduced myself yet. The name's Bartomar Greenbottle but most just call me Bart and this furry bag of potatoes is Ladybird, word of warning don't try to get comfortable with her. This one's bite is worse than her bark and her bark is dreadful if you catch my meaning."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rex »

Saskia Drach

Saskia walked along with the others. Water dripped from her sandy colored hair as her cloak struggled to keep her dry. She was used to walking long distances, even in crappy weather and although not exactly cheerful she seemed in a better mood than most would be.

"I am Saskia Drach, but most just call me Saskia. Hopefully we all have a nice warm fire to dry by once we get to that inn."
7a400a28fe106efb0f7b7f811cb45808.jpg
7a400a28fe106efb0f7b7f811cb45808.jpg (45.67 KiB) Viewed 561 times

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by spanningtree »

Hans

Han's is an average height human with brown hair. He dresses as a commoner with no obvious weapons. Overall, he does a good job of not standing out.

To himself as he trudges through the mud: These two don't seem to have enough to consider but maybe that carriage house up ahead will offer a mark worth the risk. 18 brass pennies to my name... that last job paid almost nothing...

Han's is the name and yes this is the typical fair for the empire. Well met Saskia, Bart, and Ladybird.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Darklin2 »

Gunter

My name is Gunter Gruber. I am a Riverfolk. I travel the rivers of the Empire working odd jobs on the river for dock masters and ship captains. My last riverboat captain was a drunk and ran his barge aground. Now I have to walk my way back to Altdorf. Gunter is 5'10" Muscular build. Brown hair, brown eyes. Callused hands and rough.
b3cc42a4c875561fc016bee7b2d52503.jpg
b3cc42a4c875561fc016bee7b2d52503.jpg (134.01 KiB) Viewed 541 times
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

Return to “Reikland Adventures (WFRP 4e)”