OOC II

Rex
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC II

#581 Post by Rex »

In the non spirits category there is mead, stout, beer, small beer (the most common of all), and of course various wines on Harn. I would think among Dwarves Mead would be the most common as honey would be available at higher altitude but many if not most grains would not be, Mead was in fact the drink of the vikings for that very reason. Spirits would be there too, particularly brandy (distilled wine, including mead) and cognac (distilled brandy, twice distilled wine/mead). Traditional rum and vodka is a no (rum is sugar cane and vodka was traditionally potatoes, neither of which are available on Harn, of course just about anything clear gets called vodka now a days). My friend Kallen who played Volin in this game when he had time to play is a mead drinker, it is tied with sweet fruit wines as my favorite non-distilled alcoholic beverages as well. When I was younger I have made some version of many of these, sort of a right of passage for a chemist I suppose. The first was rum in high school, which the chemistry teacher did every year with his chemistry class.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#582 Post by Rex »

I am thinking through Volin and Eitiri's response but will get it up later. No way are you getting a wagon inside the outpost, not sure about full sized horses and mules either as it is scaled. I may change the scale a little to make it slightly larger. If I am correct the front passage is only 4 feet wide (4'1 or 2" really). The turn into the stable would be difficult for a horse I think. Someone please check my math on the scale if you have a couple of minutes.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#583 Post by shaidar »

I thought the wagon was going to be left at the village.

Because we brought it all the way I assumed it was going to fit. Then again Arngeir hasn't been there since they got the front open so wouldn't know.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#584 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Finally someone can save Algrim from having to drink human ale. :)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#585 Post by sulldawga »

If there's a stable inside, it would make sense for the doors and hallways to be wide enough to accommodate them, unless it was made for mules and not horses.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#586 Post by Rex »

It was made for mules according to the description, but 4' wide with a 90 degree turn into the stable still seems tight. The ponies and goats shouldn't be an issue. The stable is about 10x14 feet. I understand 4' wide passages for defensive purposes, 1 dwarf can maneuver and hold that.

Lets say that the first floor entry passage is 6 foot wide to the door to the hall. The space between the portcullis and inside most murder hole (area #3) will be 6 feet long as well. The door to the stable will be widened as well. This will make rooms #4 (storage area) and #5(stables) 2 foot deeper (12x14 feet). Room #15 on the second floor will then need to be about 1.75 feet deeper as well. This will allow mules and horses in (in my mind anyway) and the small wagon can be dragged in to the area in front of the portcullis but you will have to go through the wagon to get to the door.

I think I count 1 horse, 2 ponies, and 5 goats in the stable at night. Is this correct or did I miss something?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#587 Post by Rex »

Add a donkey (Volin) and a mule (Eltiri). Forgot those. Getting crowded in the stable.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#588 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram has two horses himself.

We may have to consider building something out of sight, atop the hill, to accommodate the horses.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#589 Post by Rex »

Missed one. Crowded. Might be messy but maybe keep some in the storage area for now.

5 Goats
2 horses
2 ponies
1 mule
1 donkey

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#590 Post by gurusql »

And Beryl has a donkey as well

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#591 Post by Rex »

5 Goats
2 horses
2 ponies
1 mule
2 donkeys

You won't starve, LOL.

GreyWolfVT

#592 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright, I forget did Algrim get a goat or two? Or did he have a mule or pony from before? I've kind of lost track on that front.

Also if we get the materials we can always build a fenced in area outside for them to all feed on grass and other flora. If we are worried about needing food sources we can always have Algrim go out and hunt or fish. But we can also always go back and purchase some chickens, pigs and cows.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#593 Post by Rex »

I don't recall Algrim getting any animals and I couldn't find them written down anywhere. Wouldn't be the first time I missed something though.

Hunting and fishing are options. There are rules for both to determine success and how much food is acquired. Algrim is easily the best hunter in the group.

The more you build outside the outpost the more difficult to defend and keep hidden it becomes. Not that it is a bad idea but one that you as a group should think over before going that route.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#594 Post by sulldawga »

It's still not clear to me if all of our animals will fit in the stable inside the outpost.

If they do, I am fine with going hunting. If they don't, then I feel like our first order of business is setting up some sort of outdoor stable that's atop the hill and hidden as best we can. Or else we get rid of whichever animals don't fit.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#595 Post by Marullus »

Maybe Lharzin can grow a hedgewall to both border and conceal the pasture. Looking at the details of that.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#596 Post by Rex »

Details posted in your private thread.

You can't get all the animals into the stable, but you can get the excess into the storage room across from the stable if you want. Not a great long time fix but a decent temporary one.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#597 Post by Rex »

Are we setting up a solo hunt, group hunt, patrols?

GreyWolfVT

#598 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm good with solo or group I wasn't really aiming for patrols. I was trying to explain "runs" or pushes whatever you want to call them.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#599 Post by Rex »

I figured as much, was just asking to see where I should direct my next update.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#600 Post by shaidar »

If a group of us go hinting I guess we can carry more back and so go for bigger prey?

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”