thirdkingdom
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Planning and Miscellany

#1 Post by thirdkingdom »

Dry Gulch
Thirdmonth, Tenthday

Blodwyn, Vallistra, Amagar, Ruarc, and Blix are all in Dry Gulch, with the following goals:

*Recruit workers to take back with them to the Keep.
*Rumors
*Magical equipment/laboratory: Ruarc
*anything else?

Each character can do *one* thing per day.
Last edited by thirdkingdom on Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Planning and Miscellany

#2 Post by kalstone »

If time permits, Ruarc would like to look for purveyors of magical laboratory equipment or rare books to stock a library.

jgilmore
Squire
Squire

#3 Post by jgilmore »

Blix will be recruiting mercenaries for Keyan. He'd like 10 longbowman and 2 heavy horseman if available. He'll be offering a signing bonus of 1 months wages.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by rredmond »

jgilmore wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:30 pm Blix will be recruiting mercenaries for Keyan. He'd like 10 longbowman and 2 heavy horseman if available. He'll be offering a signing bonus of 1 months wages.
I'm guessing thirdkingdom is bringing on new recruits himself and that you are okay to post here ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by thirdkingdom »

rredmond wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:56 pm
jgilmore wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:30 pm Blix will be recruiting mercenaries for Keyan. He'd like 10 longbowman and 2 heavy horseman if available. He'll be offering a signing bonus of 1 months wages.
I'm guessing thirdkingdom is bringing on new recruits himself and that you are okay to post here ;)
Yup!

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by thirdkingdom »

Okay, will add that to the list. That'll be a day at minimum.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by VonAlric »

Wasn't someone supposed to meet with the local council to get information? Was that the rumors part?
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by thirdkingdom »

We can do a meet with the local Council, as well. I would say rumors would be different; this would be more an official meeting.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by VonAlric »

Amagar will look for workers of stone and laborers to head back to the keep.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by thirdkingdom »

Everyone else had a chance to start play with mercenaries, so if you'd like to handwave that you started with mercs you can certainly do that. You can have either regular or veteran troops; regular troops cost the normal amount and are Normal Humans; Veteran troops are level 1 fighters and cost 10 gp/month more.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by thirdkingdom »

kalstone wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:42 pm If time permits, Ruarc would like to look for purveyors of magical laboratory equipment or rare books to stock a library.
There's only a day to look . . . Magic items, then alchemical lab:: 2#1d100 23 87

Ooh, just missed the chance to find magical items. Nothing to be found.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by thirdkingdom »

VonAlric wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:45 am Amagar will look for workers of stone and laborers to head back to the keep.
Shoot, my post was lost.

There are:

 Laborers: 10 are immediately available.
 Carpenters: 4 are immediately available (3 journeymen 30 gp/month, one master 60 gp/month)
 Masons. 3 immediately available (1 journeyman 30 gp/month, two master 60 gp/month).

That's their cost as well as their output.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by thirdkingdom »

VonAlric wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:48 pm Wasn't someone supposed to meet with the local council to get information? Was that the rumors part?
Dry Gulch is ruled by a Council of Seven, with each Councilor representing one of the Guilds: Merchant, Craft, Farming, Ranching, Wisdom, and Blade, with the seventh, the Silent Guild, also having a seat. You also get a map of the Zelaia Plains.
The Plains of Zelaia.png
The Plains of Zelaia.png (139.26 KiB) Viewed 666 times

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by VonAlric »

thirdkingdom wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:54 pm There are:

 Laborers: 10 are immediately available.
 Carpenters: 4 are immediately available (3 journeymen 30 gp/month, one master 60 gp/month)
 Masons. 3 immediately available (1 journeyman 30 gp/month, two master 60 gp/month).

That's their cost as well as their output.
Amagar will see if any of them will assist in finding suitable transportation for the group of them. He will also inform them that they may be heading out with the next caravan, depending on the others in his group.

jgilmore
Squire
Squire

#15 Post by jgilmore »

thirdkingdom wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:36 pm
Everyone else had a chance to start play with mercenaries, so if you'd like to handwave that you started with mercs you can certainly do that. You can have either regular or veteran troops; regular troops cost the normal amount and are Normal Humans; Veteran troops are level 1 fighters and cost 10 gp/month more.
That works. Just wanted some muscle to add to home base.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by thirdkingdom »

Rumors from Dry Gulch:

*The Redfoot Gang is rumored to be based somewhere in the hills to the north of the city.
*A wise sage lives in a tower to the northeast of Dry Gulch, and he is rumored to be a powerful magic-user, as well.
*It is said that towards the end of the last Nadir a gate to the Shadowlands opened up somewhere in the Zelaia Plains, west of Dry Gulch, and that has made travel through the region dangerous as large numbers of undead have spilled into the region.
*The Redfoot Gang trades in gems and gold ore, traveling east to the village of Sin and then even further to the rivertown of Hob.

jgilmore
Squire
Squire

#17 Post by jgilmore »

Treasure found 1/8/23

76 gp
12 cp
2 white pearls (75gp)
brooch (400gp)
amulet (500gp)
arm ring (1400gp)
2000 pp
ring, plat./diamond (magic)
oak wand (magic)

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by thirdkingdom »

XP Awards

Treasure: 12,526
Monsters: 3,182
Total XP: 15,708

There were a total of 12 half shares.

*Velsind = 1 share
*Keyan = 1 share
**Ugla = 1/2 share
*Nerghui = 1 share
**Kalan = 1/2 share
** Safa = 1/2 share
*Ciaran = 1 share
**Slainte = 1/2 share

Each retainer gets 1,309 XP, while each PC gets 2,618 XP

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by thirdkingdom »

Just so I'm prepared, can you give me an idea of what the Dry Gulch away party would like to do while waiting for the caravan to get ready to leave? You've got two full days before it leaves.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by VonAlric »

I think meeting with the caravan master would be called for so we can join them and offer some protection. I think that we should also try to meet with some sort of rep with the Blade, Merchant, and Craft guilds to inform them of the activities we have undertaken.

Return to “Basilisk Hills Breakdown (OSE)”