Action Thread 8

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread 8

#1 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:30 p

Everyone is suprised at the sudden appearance of their missing thief. Folks start discussing which way to go.

You are at the wall face (the green F at the bottom right of the map) the red arrows indicate passages that you have yet to explore. Thus it's not the end of a passageway, it's darkened on the map because you haven't gone down that way yet. I think I hit all the highlights, let me know if I missed something. :)
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (20.98 KiB) Viewed 2031 times

[/b]HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 10/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo and Zafalia; 2- Rake and Varkos 3 - Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- SoT and Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 2 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 22 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 8

#2 Post by Alethan »

So none of us are through the tunnel and on the other side of that passage?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:So none of us are through the tunnel and on the other side of that passage?
Some of you are on either side of that tunnel. I just wanted to give an overview map. But, for instance, SoT, Malak and Odo are on the opposite side (east) of the stone face. You were on the western side. Some folks haven't really clarified. But you are all right in that general area.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by dmw71 »

Malak scratches his chin, considering his response. "I'm not sure, really?" he says. "One minute I'm marching along with the group. The next, I'm there... but not there." He appears to be bit confused on the subject, but continues: "I just new you guys needed me so I willed myself, or the floating head I became, into that opening."

---

Body still aching, Malak once again attempts to get limber. "Probably best to not just stand 'round, and I really need to stretch my legs, so let's move.... this way." Malak points off to the east, further down the passage beyond the face and begins walking.

"Follow me." he says.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

"Possibly we shouldn't let the man who was just a floating head lead the way..." Ilhalevar mutters to herself as she climbs into the opening to follow the rest of the party east.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by saalaria »

Varkos agrees with the decision to go East and will come through the face, to take up station behind whichever thief/ves are leading the way

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo heads with the rest of the party - if he can :)

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by tkrexx »

Grumbling, Son of Thunder calls a pause. Let me check for sign first. We should have scarecrow tracks, but mayhap there's more.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by Solinor »

As we wait for a direction Wulfgard takes a swig off his waterskin, then asks Does anyone have any food? I'm famished.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Vargr1105 »

Wulfgar's question makes Rake's stomach rumble mildly, and he suddenly remembers he only brought wine on this expedition.

"Darn..." he mutters.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#11 Post by dmw71 »

Solinor wrote:Does anyone have any food? I'm famished.
Malak temporarily halts his eastern progress after hearing a request for food. "Here, guys, feast is on me!" he says, unpacking a days worth of standard rations from his pack and tossing it to Wulfgard (character sheet updated). "Can you eat 'n walk?" he asks. "We really should git movin'."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by Solinor »

You are most generous Wulfgard says to Malak. I can certainly eat and walk at the same time. The gods bless you. he finishes cheerily.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:30 p

Malak attempts to get everyone to follow him down the passage to the east.

Malak also feeds some folks, as everyone climbs through the stone faced wall and heads east, Son of Thunder jumps ahead to check tracks.

Updated map. You are in the tunnels just east of the green F on the bottom right of the map.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (21.58 KiB) Viewed 1966 times

[/b]HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 10/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo and Zafalia; 2- Rake and Varkos 3 - Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- SoT and Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 2 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 22 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger returns to the group with a somewhat sour expression. Only sign of those wretched scarecrows. Malak, since you brought us here, lead on.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Argennian »

tkrexx wrote:The Ranger returns to the group with a somewhat sour expression. Only sign of those wretched scarecrows. Malak, since you brought us here, lead on.
"And please be more careful this time, you scoundrel!" Zafalia adds, a worried look pasted upon her visage!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#16 Post by dmw71 »

Argennian wrote:"And please be more careful this time, you scoundrel!" Zafalia adds, a worried look pasted upon her visage!
"Careful." Malak mutters under his breath. "Sure, I'll be careful." With a quick nod of his head, Malak once again begins cautiously heading further east.
-- Project --
-- DM --

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by saalaria »

Varkos rumbles something to himself then follows the thieves

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:31 p

Getting everyone through the stone face inevitably moves Malak forward. You can see that the farthest intersection is obviously a connector to where you were before (when Odo snuck up on the spiders) toward the cocoon room. The south passage of the farthest intersection (with the stream in it) there's definitely another of your beloved waterfalls in the distance.

But more immediate, is another narrow passage to the south (the red arrow south) that you haven't looked at. It continues the width of this passage being only 3 or 4 feet in width, and thus only allowing single file movement.

Updated map. You are in the tunnels at the red X just east of the green F on the bottom right of the map. You are guided by the light of Zafalia's torch near the front, and Wulfgards lamp in the rear.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (22.58 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

MO (10’): 1- Malak; Odo; Zafalia; Rake; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 1 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 212 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#19 Post by Alethan »

I don't like that unexplored area in the bottom left corner. :-\

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#20 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:I don't like that unexplored area in the bottom left corner. :-\
Oh, c'mon, where's your sense of adventure? ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”