Action Thread 8

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 8

#161 Post by tkrexx »

The Ranger bellows as he strikes, thinking surely this team can outdistance this slow-moving rot-heap. Malak! Help get Varkos out of here! THAT is your mission! It was Son of Thunder himself who got them into this mess, he will be the last to leave.

To hit: [1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14, damage with WS spear, sm-med: [1d6+3] = 5+3 = 8
To hit: [1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15, damage with WS spear, sm-med: [1d6+3] = 6+3 = 9

2 nice rolls, but without that +4...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#162 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar grabs Varkos by the arm and pulls him towards the opening to the room...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#164 Post by Vargr1105 »

"S**t!!!" Rake cries out.

Feeling somewhat underarmed and underarmored upon seeing the thing rise up again, rake moves to recover the shield and sword he dropped before.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:53 p
Round 7

The ranger and his lightning quick spear attack before the creature, but cannot get through those dang leaves!

The creature meanwhile attacks again the party. Meanwhile Malak jumps up between the ranger and the druidess to start distracting the beast. The creature doesn't like it and attacks Malak. [1d20] = 17 [1d20] = 11 hitting with both arms and engulfing the little thief. He again goes prone, looking to all like a pile of rotting leaves and vegatation, unfortunately (unlike Varkos) you don't see the ankles of Malak (which are poking out of the bottom of the creature) kicking or moving at all, but more blood than you could think the thief had is pooling beneath those ankles. [2d6] = 6 [2d6] = 10

Though this shocks everyone, folks still attack to no avail, unable to get past the leaves that protect this thing. But the Ranger, sensing the (+4) advantage, is able to maneuver his spear just so, stabbing the creature right through (what would be on a humanoid) the stomach. The rotting leaves quiver, and then slump. Out slips, covered in brown and green rotting foliage, a very dead Malak.

Hmm, ouch. Sorry about that Dave. I haven't run too many shambling mound encounters, but considering their defenses (particularly 1/2 damage from all weapon attacks) and power, man they are tough. There doesn't seem to be anything else moving in this cavern all.

HPs: Malak - -13/15; Varkos - 08/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 16/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Malak; Odo; Zafalia; Rake; Varkos; Ilhalevar; Al'Zur; SoT; Wulfgard
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 59 minutes (Malak) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 43 minutes (SoT), 40' radius; lamp 91 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 180 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-2/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#166 Post by saalaria »

Varkos bows his head and holds his sword across his body in a respectful salute to the fallen gesture:

"I will avenge you friend Malak" he intones.

Was everyone in favour of a retreat and restup or not?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#167 Post by Alethan »

saalaria wrote: Was everyone in favour of a retreat and restup or not?
No need to retreat now. It's dead. Don't think there is going to be much by way of treasure here, either... sure that won't keep us from looking, though.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised to find such a challenging creature in a module of this level, Ron.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by rredmond »

Yeah, it's strange. The scarecrow guys are cakewalks compared to shambler over here.
And this is a weakened version, the module calls it a "young" shambling mound. Less HD and HPs, but still, man...
Of course as far as a place to rest up, this doesn't look so bad if you want to stay in dungeon. ;)
Sooooooo, who's looking for treasure. Maybe I'll start a new Action Thread as this one is long.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by rredmond »

New thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1408

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#170 Post by Vargr1105 »

ooc: wait, that was shambling mound? :shock: On a 1st level module? When cn we expect to meet the pack of trolls then? :P

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”