Clay Day, Disorder Week, Sea Season, 1616

BackworldTraveller
kwll
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Clay Day, Disorder Week, Sea Season, 1616

#101 Post by kwll »

Cursing against his lack of skill, Jargian attempts to stop his fleeing companion by grabbing him with both arms around him, requesting his companions to help him.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:31 pm Cursing against his lack of skill, Jargian attempts to stop his fleeing companion by grabbing him with both arms around him, requesting his companions to help him.
Jargian's second grapple attempt is successful (07%) - Androrkar just collapses on the rocks as he's caught. Neither Eda nor Jargian seem to be able to get him to see sense or even particularly cooperate. It's like handling a giant 2-year old!

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#103 Post by kwll »

"Better tie him up if we want to bring him back to the others. Maybe they will know what to do." Proposes Jargian while maintaining the poor warrior on the ground. "I will keep him down. Can you get to do knot him up?"

You should make all the rolls for me from now on! :mrgreen:

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:58 am "Better tie him up if we want to bring him back to the others. Maybe they will know what to do." Proposes Jargian while maintaining the poor warrior on the ground. "I will keep him down. Can you get to do knot him up?"

You should make all the rolls for me from now on! :mrgreen:
That was my grandson...He's actually 2...and thinks dice are coins or Gems!

Eda and Jargian tie Androrkar quite easily - but getting him to move turns out to be tedious and time consuming. He just goes all boneless and floppy (or wiggly and uncooperative when that is more of a pain) and the pair only really manage to move him by a series of short hops. Dragging works but is hard to maintain. Violence just results in a tearful mess. Carrying just sees lots of wiggling until he falls.

Finally, the pair return to the open space with Androrkar battered and bruised between them.

Here Almeda, and the hermit hobble over to take a look at the mess before them

What happened?

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#105 Post by kwll »

"We weren't able to reason him. He was just trying to escape, all the time." says Jargian, pointing at Androrkar. "Isn't there anything you can do?"

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:22 am "We weren't able to reason him. He was just trying to escape, all the time." says Jargian, pointing at Androrkar. "Isn't there anything you can do?"
To say that the hermit looks tired is to understate the level of exhaustion he displays.

Not until I have slept - and I'll need to prepare myself once that has happened too. Can you keep an eye on him until I have?

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#107 Post by kwll »

"Sure will. You need your rest, so do all of us I guess. let's discuss this matter and others tomorrow morning." proposes Jargian.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:06 pm "Sure will. You need your rest, so do all of us I guess. let's discuss this matter and others tomorrow morning." proposes Jargian.
We will see what we can see at dawn. Wake me in time to prepare well.

And with that, he lies down and pulls a fur over his body.

Eda looks at Jargian not at all sure what to do next.

I'll take first watch says Alemda. Once I close my eyes, I'll not open them.

Eda shrugs. I'll need some food...a lot of the storage here has been broken. Maybe I can scrape something together.

She looks for ingredients

Ooh - He's got a bread oven! I'll make bread for Breakfast.

She has some flour and oil.

Can you find anything salvageable? And we need water.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#109 Post by kwll »

"I can go hunting, maybe." proposes Jargian. "After we eat, I will take second watch." he adds, answering Alemda.

He will make sure to feed the tied Androrkar, and that he is not too uncomfortable to spend the night. Hopefully the party will rest peacefully tonight.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Moving carefully, Jargian quickly finds a run for rock-marmots. (Good Roll) Lacking a bow to shoot the creatures, he considers how he might catch the chubby and edible animals.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#111 Post by kwll »

Jargian elects to use his spear to pin down the animal.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:18 pm Jargian elects to use his spear to pin down the animal.
Sadly, the spear thrust goes wide and the small mammals scatter into holes and burrows. Frustrated, Jargian must search for an alternative food-source.

From his position at the edge of the rocks, he can see the White Sable in the distance - with the groups mounts - moving about in the scrub, grazing contentedly.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#113 Post by kwll »

Jargian recovers his spear and decides to go near the white sable, if anything to check if he can find another prey nearby.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by BackworldTraveller »

As Jargian heads towards the Sable, he hears a shout

Dorale - One of them is coming from the rocks!

Looking over, he sees a young plainsman, obviously placed as a lookout.

Dorale appears, after a few moments, from a fold in the grassland that has hidden his camp.

Checking up on your Sable?

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#115 Post by kwll »

"Indeed. Do you happen to have some food? We faced a fierce attack in the hills, and it drained us. It would help us recover if I could save the time required to hunt."

"Have you seen any movement in the vicinity?"

Jargian tries not to look too exhausted, but is not sure he can.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by BackworldTraveller »

kwll wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:29 pm "Indeed. Do you happen to have some food? We faced a fierce attack in the hills, and it drained us. It would help us recover if I could save the time required to hunt."

"Have you seen any movement in the vicinity?"

Jargian tries not to look too exhausted, but is not sure he can.
Well, yes - That saddlebag there has some.

We were getting worried. Androrkar went to see what the sounds of fighting were and never came back. Then some of Almeda's friends arrived and we set watch - We didn't want to spread out and we guessed the Sable would run for it if you'd died. I'm glad you're fine. Who did you fight?

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#117 Post by kwll »

"Broos. And Androkar did find us, but is badly weakened. The food will help though, thanks!" Jargian does not want to spend too much time explaining the details, feeling that he needs to rest too. "We should be back in the morning, after taking care of the old man we came to see. The fight took his toll on him as well."

"Keep your eyes and ears open." he says while leaving, ominous.

Return to “Prax (RQ2)”