In search of a body

Rex
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

In search of a body

#1 Post by Rex »

Village of Meldun, late afternoon of the 27th of Kelen 720 TZ

Arngeir and Murgar arrive in the late afternoon. Algrim, Sir Geraint, and Turnip greet them as they enter the village.

Everyone gains Skill Maintenance Points equal to their Will for the 20th.
10 Points for a skill improvement roll for most skills, 15 for Magic and Psionic Talents.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: In search of a body

#2 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir grins at his friends.

"Was good feast!" he hands the reigns of the horse to Sir Geraint "Thank you. Is good horse. I looked after him well, in the baron's stables no less!" he gestures to Murgar "Is Murgar. Met at feast. Is seer, gifted by Sarajin, very rare. Wants to help find dwarf."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

"Well met", he says to the those Arngeir has introduced him to. "Yes, tell me more about this Dwarf, and of course the search for him."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim points at himself "Huh? Me? Ain't much ta tell. I be a dwarf, I work wit locks mostly, and as of late became a bit o' a hunter. If yer talkin bout tha remains we're searchin fer should be naught but bones he is a long lost ancestor o mine. His ghost came ta us recently in a ruin of a old dwarf stronghold nearby."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by shaidar »

I'm going to spend 15 points trying to improve my psionic healing

Improve healing: [1d100+16]=11+16=27

Gah! Failed to improve yet again.

Roll for Eynwif's Apple

Percentage: [1d100]=57

A MF

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

In response to Algrim "Very interesting. Is it a familial or merely tribal link? And if you could elaborate on appeared? Particularly was anything communicated?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by sastaz »

Oh, we've started! Great! Please allow me a day to post, then I'll be on track again.

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim shrugs "Dun exactly know, he is from ages before me pa an granddad. So could be family er just kin through tribe. He talked bout things many o' us thought lost to tha ages, ancient history. His spirit hadn't any idea how many centuries dead he had been."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by sastaz »

Turnip squints and looks at Arngeir and then Murgar.

"Gifted? How? Brundel back home, they called him 'gifted' but he was just not right in his head. Oh, sorry, hi, I'm Turnip by the way. Pleasure to meet you. City dweller by heart but as you can see I'm outside my normal element so to speak, ha ha.

She pauses and starts again as no one else seems to be laughing.

"The dwarf, yes. An apparition really. Poor sod was, or so his ghost claims anyway, run down by gargun as he protected his kin fleeing the outpost. Now he wants us to locate his remains to help put him to rest. I mean sure we can, but the forest is crawling with gargun. So, good to have you join us Murgar."

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "You non-dwarfs sure do have some odd names fer orcs." he says shaking his head.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rex »

The evening is approaching. Algrim, Sir Geraint, and Turnip have rooms for the night. Arngeir and Murgar do not.

I will let Sir Geraint post and see what comes of the role play before moving this along towards the actual wilderness search.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by Tamerlaine »

shaidar wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:50 pm Arngeir grins at his friends.

"Was good feast!" he hands the reigns of the horse to Sir Geraint "Thank you. Is good horse. I looked after him well, in the baron's stables no less!" he gestures to Murgar "Is Murgar. Met at feast. Is seer, gifted by Sarajin, very rare. Wants to help find dwarf."
Sir Gerolt takes the reins and takes a moment to rub the horse’s head. “Baucent, it is good to see you again. Goliath has been grumpy with your absence.”

Giving the horse an apple, he turns to Arngeir and his new companion. “Well met, Margur. Sir Gerolt of Our Lady of Paladins,” the knight said in introducing himself, taking the moment to try and get the measure of the seer.

“Your gift could certainly be of help,” he adds.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"Day is getting on. Is place to stay? Get meal? Talk about search for dwarf, need to get supplies."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by sastaz »

Turnip

"Sounds like a splendid idea! So, about the dwarf. Is everyone up for the search? It's a good thing, letting a soul come to rest. Poor bastard was tired he said. And he's a ghost! Imagine how lonely he must have been over the last fifty years or so."

Turnip will buy something simple to eat and while they talk she will do her coin-counting procedure again, what you can see her do every night.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »

The night passes uneventfully at the local inn. Gathering in the morning, a quick check of supplies is done and everyone makes sure they have enough for at least a few days then they head west on the Genin Trail, planning on making for the Dwarven Outpost over the next 2 days.

Please purchase anything you feel you need now, it doesn't need to be in character a list of what you would like is fine. You may be able to do some fishing, foraging, and or hunting but it will add time. I also need a new marching order, including the horses.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir is quite happy to go at the front, or behind Algrim if he wants to be on point.

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "I'm content with bein second in line don't really matter ta me were I am in our marchin order."

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by Tamerlaine »

“I say this without ego but I insist on being in front. ‘Tis part and parcel of the martial virtues of a knightly order.”

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

"Yes let us go and find this dwarf's remains. If you can provide me with some details I can do a casting or card read before we start to see how the omens lie for us and the one we search for. I will go where you wish, I can defend myself, but am no great warrior."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir
Tamerlaine wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:13 pm “I say this without ego but I insist on being in front. ‘Tis part and parcel of the martial virtues of a knightly order.”
Arngeir shrugs "If you want."
Ahlmzhad wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:28 pm Murgar

"Yes let us go and find this dwarf's remains. If you can provide me with some details I can do a casting or card read before we start to see how the omens lie for us and the one we search for. I will go where you wish, I can defend myself, but am no great warrior."
"We go to dwarf outpost, may be a long day travel. Then body is 25 miles north up southern trail. Murgar Seeking guidance from Sarajin is wise. Hmmm...is three days each way or more, we need more food?"

He switches to Orbaalese and talks to Murgar
"The dwarf output is maybe just over a days journey from here. It is only wise to heed any warning Sarajin would sends us, the area is rife with gargun, or as the dwarves call them, orcs. The body is around 25 miles further up the trail, I have a location for it. You might have the opportunity to meet the dwarf ghost at the outpost, might that improve your powers of sight?"

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”