In search of a body

Rex
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: In search of a body

#281 Post by sastaz »

Turnip tries to get the attention of the boys downstairs, by screaming down the hole, if necessary.

"Hey, you. I've been thinking, and we should all camp up here with the horses. We can't leave them, right, because they'll be eaten. And we need strength in numbers if the gargun show up again. Work a bit more on that door, but after that you have to come up here and help us guard the horses."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#282 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim shrugs and shakes his head muttering he climbs up to see what all the hollering from Turnip is all about. "Eh? What?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by sastaz »

Turnip

"WE CAN'T LEAVE THE HORSES UP HERE ALONE, THEY'LL BE EATEN."

GreyWolfVT

#284 Post by GreyWolfVT »

sastaz wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:29 pm Turnip

"WE CAN'T LEAVE THE HORSES UP HERE ALONE, THEY'LL BE EATEN."
Algrim having climbed back up and out "Quiet down, yer gonna draw attention ta our position. I ain't gonna eat no horses, dun be foolish." the dwarf chuckles at Turnip "I'm just jokin wit yah. Course we'll camp topside fer now."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by sastaz »

Turnip is about to instinctively start arguing back at Algrim but stops mid sentence as she realized they actually both suggest the same thing.

"Well if you w...oh. Okay, great idea. No luck with the door then I guess?"

GreyWolfVT

#286 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim shakes his head "Nah, it's gonna need more muscle than what we had down there."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by Rex »

Sir Gerlot

"Do we have anything we want to secure safe inside while we sleep outside? Probably not but thought I might ask. In the morning I am willing to patrol the area around the out post and make sure it is secure for now at least."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#288 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

"Yes come down from there child and we will be fine out here." He says to Turnip shaking his head and chuckling at the excitable Turnip. When the others get back he asks "What is our goal here? If we can't get the door open then can some do what needs to be done, while others of us guard the horses?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by sastaz »

Turnip, in response to Sir Gerlot:

"Nah, I like to keep my belongings close to me. And my enemies far away. Preferably at least twenty feet behind me." She chuckles in a not too lady-like manner.

To the others:

"Okay then, let's sleep on it. I guess we have to visit a smith to get some tools at some point? I once saw just two men lift a giant block of stone using only one of them....damn watcha call it?.... levers! Don't ask me how, looked like magic for sure, but it worked, I saw it with my own eyes. It was made entirely of iron, so probably took two horses to move around. I dunno, anyone has a better idea on how to open that door?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"Need parts for portcullis, I think, before fixed properly. We should return dwarf bones before we sleep."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#291 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

"Please, return the bones. Maybe Turnip could assist with that. If you need everyone in there I should be able to watch the horses by myself."

GreyWolfVT

#292 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim nods his head and climbs back into the outpost and places the ancestors bones to an appropriate resting place and utters a dwarven prayer.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by Rex »

Evening of the 1st of Nolus, the first day of Summer. The remains are returned.

Anyone who wants to be present may be, Algrim is obviously and Volin most likely would be as well.

Algrim returns the remains and utters a prayer. Those present see the ghost of Fili becomes visible to all. He bows to Algrim and then seems to fade away. Algrim has a feeling of awe come over him then he sees the remains crumble into a pile of dust.

Everyone is awarded 20 Piety Points for returning the body successfully. Some other rewards may (or may not) show up in play. The Gods work in mysterious ways after all.

Actions

Arngeir Orlygsson: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 105, Uni Pen (0/0), Phy Pen (-4/-20), SMP 16, Move 6, Initiative: 98, Spc:
Algrim Tirion: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 39, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 16, Move 10, Initiative: 90, Spc:
Turnip: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 41, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (0/0), SMP 17, Move 15, Initiative: 84, Spc:
Murgar: Inj (M1 left calf, EE), FL 0, BL 0, PP 46, Uni Pen (-5), Phy Pen (-5/-5), SMP 18, Move 14, Initiative: 80, Spc:
Gerolt: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 36, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-5/-25), SMP 0, Move 10, Initiative: 96, Spc:
Volin: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 46, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 0, Move 11, Initiative: 90, Spc:

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by shaidar »

Arngier watches with interest as the dwarf ghost moves on to the afterlife.

"Good, fellow is at rest. Now, we must set up camp for night. Tomorrow we need to find a smith to fix the chains to the portcullis, yes?"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by sastaz »

Turnip is awestruck at the sight of the ghost.

"Wow, that was amazing. I've only heard stories, that ghosts would be put to rest after their work was done. Or after they were avenged! It feels strangely good to have accomplished something like this."

Okay, so the plan to rest and find a smith sounds good. Rex, Turnip did have both bags of Indethan at this point, right? Also, she wants to carefully try out the edge and blade of the khuzan dagger. She's interested in trying to get a weaponcrafter fix the hilt for her.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by Rex »

Yes she has both bags. Powerful magic. The dagger is very nice, the highest quality she has ever seen in any qualities she can think of to test. It also previously tested as magical to Sensitivity. She might want to check with other members of the group to see who has/how good they are at Weaponsmithing or Hidework. Either or a combination of both could be used to repair it.

GreyWolfVT

#297 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim the hardened dwarf a tear wells up in his eye and he sniffles a little happy to see his ancestor finally finding rest and peace after all the years. He chokes up a bit then clears his throat wipes the tear away and makes up some sort of silly excuse "Dust er somethin' gonna go back out fer fresh air." later he looks very somber as if happy that he was able to help a long lost relative.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#298 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

Yes, to sleep, perchance to dream!"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by sastaz »

Turnip does something maybe unexpected: she walks up to Algrim and hugs him.

"There there. He was a brave man, died to save his kin and his family, and I am sure he will rest peacefully with his forefathers in the Blessed Realm."

She suddenly seems to remember that hugging might not be Khuzdul custom and takes a step back.

"Anyway, we did something good here, didn't we?" She looks at her friends.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by Rex »

Sir Gerolt

"Yes, I think we did something very good here Turnip. Now perhaps some rest and then we can figure out what we need to do next."

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”