Re: In search of a body

#261 Post by Rex »

Algrim 17 Strength
Arngeir 15 Strength
Gerolt 15 Strength
Murgar 12 Strength
Turnip 5 Strength
Volin 18 Strength

The 2 dwarves are the strongest but also the shortest so they might be the best to break it free and get it moving but you might need the taller humans to get it high enough for the horses.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#262 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir has his spell that can boost strength, so another reason he should go.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#263 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

"Well I have neither spells nor strength to aid that work greatly. I'll be happy to stay here and guard the horses. I have a hearty voice and can yell out loudly before I am killed."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by sastaz »

Turnip shrugs

"I usually rely more on nimble feet than brute force. Just let me know if you want me to climb up and show you the entrance."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#265 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim shrugs "Dunno, any volunteers?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Kallen
Squire
Squire

#266 Post by Kallen »

we could get cut down a small life tree and use it as leverage to try to raise the portcullis.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"Hmm, winding staircase means trunk might be difficult. Why not me, Algrim and Volin take a look at portcullis. Can comeback out if more help needed."

He starts to make his way up to the using the same route they used previously.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Rex »

Sir Gerolt

"Sounds like a good plan. I will stand watch out here with Turnip and Murgar. We can unload the horses and donkey and move some items inside as well."

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by sastaz »

Turnip

"Sure, sounds good to me. Just hold on to
speaking to the ghost, I want to be present when we do."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir nods

"Keep body here until door open, not disturb ghost then"

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by sastaz »

I take it we continue posting in game in this topic?

Also, can the few of us who was down in the outpost already deduce that we are too few to even move the porticulis and/or door? Or do we need a dwarf to get down there to confirm that?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by Rex »

We can keep posting here for now. I plan to set up a new thread once the body/ghost is resolved.

If Turnip doesn't think they can move it she is welcome to say so. It will be difficult to move, that is obvious.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by Rex »

Early evening of the 1st of Nolus, the first day of Summer. Discussion at the outpost.

Turnip and Murgar remain outside tending the horses and donkey while the others go inside to take a look at the portcullis and front door. It will be dark soon, may be best to leave the equines outside for the night?

Actions

Arngeir Orlygsson: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 85, Uni Pen (0/0), Phy Pen (-4/-20), SMP 16, Move 6, Initiative: 98, Spc:
Algrim Tirion: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 19, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 16, Move 10, Initiative: 90, Spc:
Turnip: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 21, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (0/0), SMP 17, Move 15, Initiative: 84, Spc:
Murgar: Inj (M1 left calf, EE), FL 0, BL 0, PP 26, Uni Pen (-5), Phy Pen (-5/-5), SMP 18, Move 14, Initiative: 80, Spc:
Gerolt: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 16, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-5/-25), SMP 0, Move 10, Initiative: 96, Spc:
Volin: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 26, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 0, Move 11, Initiative: 90, Spc:

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by sastaz »

Turnip to Murgar.

"I don't know, they will never get that door open, it looked far to heavy and broken. Remember, it was built to keep others away. Should we try to lead the horses up to the entrance and tie them there? In that way we can take turns to keep an eye on them but still be close to the entrance?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"Hmm, move horses closer, off path, but not too close. We go take a look inside."

Arngeir will lead those going in up the cliff to the top to move the stone from the secret entrance.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#276 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

"Turnip, lets get this animals in a better place and tied on a line, then we can guard them while the others work on the door."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#277 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim ""I'm ready ta go on in." the dwarf says as he starts on the climb to get him into the outpost.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by sastaz »

Said and done, Murgar and Turnip will lead the animals up the slope/mountainside. If Turnip can have her way, they will tie them really close to the opening that is currently covered by the stone.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by Rex »

Early evening of the 1st of Nolus, the first day of Summer. Discussion at the outpost.

Turnip and Murgar remain outside, moving the horses and donkey close to the cliff face and setting up a simple cold camp for the night.

Everyone else heads inside, traveling down to the portcullis, where they find they can get it to budge with some work, but no way can they get it high enough for a horse or donkey to fit under. They are going to need some tools or magic to do that.

Are you going to spend the night outside with the horses?

Actions

Arngeir Orlygsson: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 85, Uni Pen (0/0), Phy Pen (-4/-20), SMP 16, Move 6, Initiative: 98, Spc:
Algrim Tirion: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 19, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 16, Move 10, Initiative: 90, Spc:
Turnip: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 21, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (0/0), SMP 17, Move 15, Initiative: 84, Spc:
Murgar: Inj (M1 left calf, EE), FL 0, BL 0, PP 26, Uni Pen (-5), Phy Pen (-5/-5), SMP 18, Move 14, Initiative: 80, Spc:
Gerolt: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 16, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-5/-25), SMP 0, Move 10, Initiative: 96, Spc:
Volin: Inj (none), FL 0, BL 0, PP 26, Uni Pen (0), Phy Pen (-3/-15), SMP 0, Move 11, Initiative: 90, Spc:

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"Can use magic to boost strength, might help."

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”